E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Chrome Front Bumper Lid Molding Trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2022 | 09:03 PM

E400 Wagon; 2010 ML350; 08 CLK350 Cabriolet; 69 SL280
Chrome Front Bumper Lid Molding Trim

2 months ago, coming home from Philadelphia I got stuck behind a dump truck that was spitting out gravel like a grass spreader and it totally chewed the front of the car.
Film protected most of the front, but the lower lip took the worst -.
Protective film has been removed, repaired the front, but lower lip should almost be replaced.

But I found these and if they work it will look like a European version. Found on eBay coming from China) Seller information: manmanauto (1361)
94.1% Positive feedback) cost $115 including shipping, via dog sled, arrival 1st week in August. Hope they are ok, do have some reservations
if they don't work 0r look too "pimp my ride" then I'm off to the body shop.
Any opinions?

Old 06-23-2022 | 09:18 PM

Got the idea of adding chrome from glojo's wagon - I liked the look

Old 06-25-2022 | 04:12 PM

MB W213 E300 4MATIC Luxury Model
Originally Posted by makiii
2 months ago, coming home from Philadelphia I got stuck behind a dump truck that was spitting out gravel like a grass spreader and it totally chewed the front of the car.
Film protected most of the front, but the lower lip took the worst -.
Protective film has been removed, repaired the front, but lower lip should almost be replaced.

But I found these and if they work it will look like a European version. Found on eBay coming from China) Seller information: manmanauto (1361)
94.1% Positive feedback) cost $115 including shipping, via dog sled, arrival 1st week in August. Hope they are ok, do have some reservations
if they don't work 0r look too "pimp my ride" then I'm off to the body shop.
Any opinions?

I purchased and never used them. Plastic and didn’t fit well along with the wider license plate holder area.
Old 07-27-2022 | 08:52 AM

They finally arrived the other day, Fit was almost perfect, very easy to put on, measure for distance, pull the backing of the 3m tape, line up and stick on.
Only issue is they are clearly made for a euro style license plate, the middle "filler" pc is narrow and only covers the very lip. I decided to just leave off.
Think they look ok, certainly don't "pop" the way they do on a darker car, if nothing else they protect the lip from rock chips, since they aren't glued or bolted on can always remove, with little or no harm.

No Chrome

Chrome

no Chrome

Chrome
Old 07-27-2022 | 01:43 PM

MB W213 E300 4MATIC Luxury Model
Originally Posted by makiii
They finally arrived the other day, Fit was almost perfect, very easy to put on, measure for distance, pull the backing of the 3m tape, line up and stick on.
Only issue is they are clearly made for a euro style license plate, the middle "filler" pc is narrow and only covers the very lip. I decided to just leave off.
Think they look ok, certainly don't "pop" the way they do on a darker car, if nothing else they protect the lip from rock chips, since they aren't glued or bolted on can always remove, with little or no harm.

No Chrome

Chrome

no Chrome

Chrome

I purchased one a couple years ago and never installed is, Mine just did look right, didn’t fit the contour correctly plus the gap due to smaller license plates