New S213 with 6000km and cupping tires already

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2022, 12:35 PM
tyo

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
S213 200e 4Matic
Quick update:

Just got a call that rear axle differential has been changed and there aren’t any nosies heard from the rear suspension. I haven’t driven the car though.

Unfortunately noises from the front were not eliminated. Mechanic suspects front axle differential issues!

Good thing that they keep fighting to find the culprit and resolve the issue.

more to come soon….

Last edited by tyo; 11-18-2022 at 06:03 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tyo:
fleuger99 (11-18-2022), JTK44 (11-18-2022)
Old 11-30-2022, 11:35 AM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Well, I got my car on Monday.

Below outcome of the work done at the dealer:

1. Rear drive axle changed to resolve rear noise issues. Mechanic could still hear clunking noise two days after. It has been decided to unscrew whole rear suspension and screw it back - this did the trick. Rear is dead silent and no bottoming anymore.

2. Microphones installed to catch from where to front noise comes from….didn’t really work. Recorded sound has been sent to Mercedes Tech Team and they couldn’t hear much. Tech Team has asked dealer to move the microphones next to the engine. They could hear some weird sound. Tech Team instructed the mechanic to rotate the crankshaft 120 degrees to eliminate the sound. Also to loosen a bit engine mounting. - unfortunately no luck.

Service guy wasn’t happy as they couldn’t resolve front noise. Asked me to drive the car for few days and check and if I could still hear the noise. I can so I will give the car back next week.

Next steps suggested by service guy:

1. They will ask technician to fly in from Mercedes Tech Quarters to drive and advise. If fixed happy days. Anyway I will file a complain

2. Issue can’t be resolved then to file a complain.

It doesn’t matter if issue gets resolved or not although I would prefer to have it resolved. I will file a complaint anyway. Car has 19000km and had water pump changed, new set of tires at 8000km, AirMatic control unit changed, rear drive axle changed……so this isn’t a new car anymore.

My first Mercedes! Bad luck!
Old 11-30-2022, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 575 Likes on 434 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
Originally Posted by tyo
Well, I got my car on Monday.

Below outcome of the work done at the dealer:

1. Rear drive axle changed to resolve rear noise issues. Mechanic could still hear clunking noise two days after. It has been decided to unscrew whole rear suspension and screw it back - this did the trick. Rear is dead silent and no bottoming anymore.

2. Microphones installed to catch from where to front noise comes from….didn’t really work. Recorded sound has been sent to Mercedes Tech Team and they couldn’t hear much. Tech Team has asked dealer to move the microphones next to the engine. They could hear some weird sound. Tech Team instructed the mechanic to rotate the crankshaft 120 degrees to eliminate the sound. Also to loosen a bit engine mounting. - unfortunately no luck.

Service guy wasn’t happy as they couldn’t resolve front noise. Asked me to drive the car for few days and check and if I could still hear the noise. I can so I will give the car back next week.

Next steps suggested by service guy:

1. They will ask technician to fly in from Mercedes Tech Quarters to drive and advise. If fixed happy days. Anyway I will file a complain

2. Issue can’t be resolved then to file a complain.

It doesn’t matter if issue gets resolved or not although I would prefer to have it resolved. I will file a complaint anyway. Car has 19000km and had water pump changed, new set of tires at 8000km, AirMatic control unit changed, rear drive axle changed……so this isn’t a new car anymore.

My first Mercedes! Bad luck!

Many, many years ago I had a BMW 740i, which had so many problems, suspension, gas tank, steering, all documented by the dealer. The last straw was at 19,000 miles the engine needed to be rebuilt. I said enough is enough and got BMW USA involved.

At first BMW USA thought nothing of an engine rebuild at 19,000 miles. I then asked them to read the documented repairs previously done on the car - all done prior to the proposed engine rebuild. In two years my car had already spent over 6 months in the service department!

A week later BMW USA called me back and they were much more than chagrined! We had a brief discussion and they came to the conclusion that my car was a lemon. BMW agreed to take back my BMW and replaced it with a new model.

This satisfied me. After I got the new car, I happened to be in the service department and saw on the windshield of my car: "Lemon: do not resell"

Your car has less miles than mine did.

This is the avenue I would be pursuing with Mercedes USA.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:57 AM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Originally Posted by JTK44
Many, many years ago I had a BMW 740i, which had so many problems, suspension, gas tank, steering, all documented by the dealer. The last straw was at 19,000 miles the engine needed to be rebuilt. I said enough is enough and got BMW USA involved.

At first BMW USA thought nothing of an engine rebuild at 19,000 miles. I then asked them to read the documented repairs previously done on the car - all done prior to the proposed engine rebuild. In two years my car had already spent over 6 months in the service department!

A week later BMW USA called me back and they were much more than chagrined! We had a brief discussion and they came to the conclusion that my car was a lemon. BMW agreed to take back my BMW and replaced it with a new model.

This satisfied me. After I got the new car, I happened to be in the service department and saw on the windshield of my car: "Lemon: do not resell"

Your car has less miles than mine did.

This is the avenue I would be pursuing with Mercedes USA.
Wow, you had an experience, too.

I would definitely involve Mercedes Poland. Replacing the car new model w214! I would take that any time.

Dealer was looking for similar car to compare and couldn’t find any new or near new 200e 4Matic with AirMatic in Poland!
Old 12-10-2022, 06:25 AM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
So…..

1. Dealer refuses to do more work as their equipment can’t register the noise although they could hear it. Plus they can’t find such car to test drive it. Both required by Mercedes Tech Team. Dealer told me to file a complain.

2. Again I could hear and feel rear suspension noises. Will be inspected next week

3. Car started pulling to the right if I hold the wheel straight!!! To be inspected next week as well.

I don’t want to even add the wind noise( I do have acoustic package), gearbox sharps between 3th and 4th gear! Windshield feels like it is made of really thin glass got scratches already and small dent! To add squeaking brakes and vibration in the cabin started after Dealer has loosen the front as per Tech Team document.
Old 12-13-2022, 10:26 AM

Received 199 Likes on 113 Posts
2015 ML400 4MATIC, 2014 E350 4MATIC, 2006 E350
Sounds like you have a lemon at this point. May be worth investigating.
The following users liked this post:
tyo (12-13-2022)
Old 12-16-2022, 05:21 PM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Originally Posted by ml3504matic____
Sounds like you have a lemon at this point. May be worth investigating.
Totally agree
Old 12-16-2022, 05:22 PM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Reregarding the rear suspension:

parts ordered by dealer and same will be fitted next week

I wasn’t told what parts are to be changed though.
Old 02-09-2023, 04:01 AM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Update:

1. Had bushings changed on multi arms rear suspension. Noises gone only rubber sound while going over bumps.

2. Car is at another dealer and having air suspension control unit being changed

3. Front driver side noise still not resolved nor diagnosed.

4. New issue: shaking dashboard at driver side plus wind noise

5. New issue: cracking windshield noise at passenger side near A pillar. It sounds like pressure is being generated there and it is getting released with quite load cracking noises. Happens quite often

6. New issue: while driving in traffic and pressing accelerator pedal, I could hear some squeaking noises. Then drivers seat squeaks as well!

All in all, waiting for final verdict then complain.
Old 02-10-2023, 12:12 PM

Received 113 Likes on 77 Posts
2022 C300 AMG-Line; 2020 E450; 2013 SLK350
If it "sounds" like a lemon
If it "drives" like a lemon
Well, maybe it is indeed a lemon! More than time to look into a Lemon Law in Poland (if one exists) and start the process. Make sure all issues were documented with proofs to back you up... Good luck.
tyo (02-10-2023)
Old 02-20-2023, 12:25 PM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Update:

Suspension control unit has been changed.
Engine and gearbox support have been changed.

Still not sure if suspension issue has been fixed as I didn’t get such information.

Next:

Dashboard and windshield noise to be checked and fixed, I hope.

Car is at the dealer for 3 weeks and counting.
Old 03-09-2023, 01:29 AM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Got my car back 24.02 just under 4 weeks being at the dealer.
Unfortunately dealer wasn’t able to fix main issues even after suspension control unit being changed, the car keeps calibrating the suspension pretty often without any reason. Going over hops again very often, I can hear rear absorbers hitting the rubber mountings.
Front noise is still there, too!

This week, on Monday, I sent a complaint to Mercedes. On Tuesday got reply that Customer Service has sent it to the dealer, I got the car from, so dealer would check and come back with proposition on how to resolve the matter. Car is being leased so I asked for lease contract to be ended plus to get back my 10% deposit.
fleuger99 (03-09-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 12:20 PM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Anyone interested, I have uploaded 3 short videos of issues, I have with mine s213fl.

https://easyupload.io/m/1l317m