E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

2018 E300 Apple CarPlay working on and off?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2022, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 Mercedes-Benz E300, Land Rover Range Rover Sport
2018 E300 Apple CarPlay working on and off?

My Apple CarPlay on my car stopped working for my a couple months ago. I tried using different cords, different phones, deleting the cars data on my phone, the whole 9 yards. I took my car in last week and got it back today. They have gave my car some kind of update, and the CarPlay started working again, but only for a few hours…It was working and then 15 minutes later, when I got back in my car, it stopped working again. Same situation as before, the cord doesn’t charge the phone, bring the CarPlay up, nothing. The little light on the USB port still illuminates, but that’s it. I can’t imagine why it would work one minute and not work the next. I’ve gone back a few times throughout the day after it stopped just to make sure, and it’s still not working. This is so frustrating!! Any advice? Thanks!
Old 08-25-2022, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,969 Likes on 2,646 Posts
2019 C63CS
Have you checked the lightning port for lint and dirt? The port has a habit of collecting stuff and the more you plug it in the more it gets stuffed in there. If a different cable isn't doing it, then it's likely the port.