E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Mercedes Me Not Working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2022 | 05:28 PM

Car
Mercedes Me Not Working

App has been working for 2 years, I noticed today in the app it says the data has not been updated for 13 days, I am able to send a command to “lock the car” and the car locks. However, the status doesn’t update in the app to show it’s now been locked and the app still thinks the car is unlocked and wants to resend the lock command again, it seems the car can receive data but not send to the Mercedes me app/servers…

I reset my radio, restored from backup and still no updated data is showing in the app… anyone have this issue or have an ongoing issue with Mercedes me right now?

I was able to sync profiles from the command to the MM server and back and forth without issue…

but the mileage, vehicle status, are showing incorrect data.

also tried to delete and reinstall the app…

Last edited by th1ef; 12-12-2022 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-12-2022 | 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Which app? There are two. Mercedes me and Mercedes me connect. The latter is for MY2019+. What year is your car? I don't see any issues with Mercedes me connect at the moment here in the USA. It shows my trip from 4 hours ago. Where are you located? The app is regional. Need more info so people in the same region and with similar model years can respond. Also important to specify what phone you have. The iOS and Android apps are not the same app. I know you said you restored from a backup, but have you logged out of the app and logged in fresh. That often uncorks whatever is stuck.
Old 12-12-2022 | 08:09 PM

Car
Originally Posted by superswiss
Which app? There are two. Mercedes me and Mercedes me connect. The latter is for MY2019+. What year is your car? I don't see any issues with Mercedes me connect at the moment here in the USA. It shows my trip from 4 hours ago. Where are you located? The app is regional. Need more info so people in the same region and with similar model years can respond. Also important to specify what phone you have. The iOS and Android apps are not the same app. I know you said you restored from a backup, but have you logged out of the app and logged in fresh. That often uncorks whatever is stuck.

after dicking around with it for 30 minutes, resetting the radio, exporting profiles, importing profiles, deleting the app, reinstalling the app etc… I fixed it by logging into the Mercedes me website, disabling all my services and then re-enabling them.

it was strange as:

I could lock the car from the app - however the app would continue to think the car was unlocked even after the car locked
I could track the car on GPS in real time using the app

However:
the statuses were all wrong (thinks parking brake on/ doors unlocked/engine off , meanwhile I was driving down the road)
the mileage was incorrect (short about 1000km which would be about 13 days)
the gas % was showing as incorrect (showing 15% when car clearly had 50%)
and it said the last time it sync’d was 13 days ago.

it was for a 2019 e450 by the way.

anyways that did it, disabled all services on Mercedes me website and then re enable them with the car running…

certain features were coming up for renewal and I didn’t renew ALL of them a few weeks back — something must have glitched.

Last edited by th1ef; 12-12-2022 at 08:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
superswiss (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022 | 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E300
If its a 2019, then its the Mercedes me connect. I would start by giving the Mercedes app people a call, they might be able to help.
Old 12-12-2022 | 08:52 PM

Car
Originally Posted by The G Man
If its a 2019, then its the Mercedes me connect. I would start by giving the Mercedes app people a call, they might be able to help.
i fixed it per my last post by logging into the Mercedes Me website and disabling all the services and re-enabling them.
Old 12-13-2022 | 05:24 AM

E220d
I have not used this app for as long as I can remember.
This post just reminded me that it exists.

I have never found any usefulness in it for me.
So if you are using it, what for? Genuinely interested.
Old 12-13-2022 | 06:59 AM

Car
Originally Posted by velryba

I use it to check if my car is locked as I question myself if I locked it or not, then I start thinking about the absolute worst case scenario — so the app reminds me if I didn’t.. and I can check and confirm and make sure all the windows are up etc.

odd times I use it to lock or unlock my car if I forgot my key inside my house

sometimes use the map feature / status features to spy on dealer who says they spent the day troubleshooting it and when they claim they took it for a 30 minute test drive but really they took it around the bock for 2 minutes then went and parked it for the rest of the day…

nothing major but comes in handy when actually need it

Last edited by th1ef; 12-13-2022 at 07:01 AM.
velryba (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022 | 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E300

I use it for remote start, monitoring battery level so I know when to put a charger on it and it also remind me a few times when my door/windows are open or unlock.
Old 12-13-2022 | 11:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Originally Posted by th1ef
i fixed it per my last post by logging into the Mercedes Me website and disabling all the services and re-enabling them.
I got a message quite some time ago with instructions to get the car status working. According to the instructions, only "Vehicle status" service had to be disabled and then enabled again. No harm disabling all but it takes more time.
Old 12-13-2022 | 11:21 AM

E220d
Originally Posted by The G Man
I use it for remote start, monitoring battery level so I know when to put a charger on it and it also remind me a few times when my door/windows are open or unlock.
oooo man.... I would love to have remote start and then yes, that would be inevitably useful

The lock and unlock and about windows..... I used that at the beginning, more to show off then anything else.... and since that forgot about that

Battery level..... as I use the car every day, I'm not too worried about that.

I really love technology and gadgets, but this app kind of disappointed me.
Old 12-13-2022 | 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Yeah, the app is not particularly earth shattering in its functionality, but I also have a smart home, so to me it's very much like the apps for my other smart home devices. My fridge sends alerts to my phone if something's wrong, for example if the doors are not closed properly and that's pretty useful. Similarly my washer and dryer let me know when the load is done, so that's useful, too, and my stove alerts me if it was left on while unattended. The car is the same, it sends me a notification if I forget to lock it and I can always check on the status. Like another poster above said, in the past I often ended up walking back to my parked car, because I didn't recall if I locked it.

I do also occasionally use the remote lock/unlock, when I don't have the key fob on me. So largely it's a piece of mind to keep an eye on it, just like my phone let's me keep an eye on my house to see if the alarm system is on and all the doors are locked and alerts me when somebody enters etc., and yes the app is quite useful when the car is in for service to know when they are actually working on it or where the car is at the moment in case they are taking it offsite.

But mostly I use it to send navigation destinations directly to the car from my phone. On my iPhone it allows sharing of locations from any app directly to the car, so if I'm looking up something in Yelp, Google Maps etc. I can just share the location with the car and when I get in it pops up on the screen and with a press of a button I can start the navigation. I've even set up a shortcut automation that allows me to pick an upcoming calendar event, and then share the location of the event with the car. I use that most often as I pretty much keep the places I go on my calendar, so my phone notifies me when it's time to leave and I can conveniently share the location with the car.
beechcamp (12-14-2022)
Old 12-13-2022 | 12:18 PM

E220d
Originally Posted by superswiss

But mostly I use it to send navigation destinations directly to the car from my phone. On my iPhone it allows sharing of locations from any app directly to the car, so if I'm looking up something in Yelp, Google Maps etc. I can just share the location with the car and when I get in it pops up on the screen and with a press of a button I can start the navigation. I've even set up a shortcut automation that allows me to pick an upcoming calendar event, and then share the location of the event with the car. I use that most often as I pretty much keep the places I go on my calendar, so my phone notifies me when it's time to leave and I can conveniently share the location with the car.
For this I love the Car Play.... as most of the time I use Waze. But also Spotify for music and all messages (whatsapp, text, skype) come on the screen and I can just speech reply....
And yes.... Nest, Hue lights etc.... have it, love it....

I really wanted to say, that I so wanted for it to be a great app for me to use and then it was not.
Old 12-13-2022 | 12:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
For this I love the Car Play.... as most of the time I use Waze. But also Spotify for music and all messages (whatsapp, text, skype) come on the screen and I can just speech reply....
And yes.... Nest, Hue lights etc.... have it, love it....

I really wanted to say, that I so wanted for it to be a great app for me to use and then it was not.
I don't use CarPlay very much. Don't wanna bother plugging in the phone all the time. The built-in navigation is always ready to go. But yes, when I do use it, it's equally convenient. There's frankly only so much that makes sense for a companion phone app for a car. I mean what are you really gonna do other than what it already does? With electric cars there are some more features around managing the charging of the battery, so that's also stuff that makes sense to have on the phone, but at the end of the day a car mostly sits around parked all day and you briefly use it to drive somewhere. Remote lock/unlock and start is about the only thing there is to do beyond just seeing the vehicle status and location. It is useful to quickly check how much fuel I have left, so I know if I need to plan in a gas station stop. It does what it does well, I think, but how much value it offers is subjective I guess.

Last edited by superswiss; 12-13-2022 at 12:39 PM.
velryba (12-14-2022)
Old 12-17-2022 | 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
There’s so much more these cars where suppose to do when designed and mb advertised the hell out of the features and then never pulled through with them. You can go and look at a Hyundai now and see all the features these cars were suppose to have. A good example is the summon from fob or cell phone to back the car out of a parking spot or park the car in a tight spot without being in the car. This could have been a very useful feature and yea Hyundai has it and mb does not. There’s many others too.

Last edited by 2012 merc amg; 12-17-2022 at 10:23 PM.
velryba (12-19-2022)
Old 12-23-2022 | 02:09 PM

2018 E400 4matic Wagon
The only feature of the Mercedes Me app that I have used is the Send to Benz feature through which you can send an address and give it nickname on the car navigation. The remote start would be useful to warm up the car if I left it outside, which I don't do. The app is complimentary for five years and then you have to pay for it. It's surprisingly expensive so I'll just let it expire when the car is 5 years old. A yearly subscription costs more than satellite radio which is much more useful (you use it all the time as opposed to once in a great while).
Old 12-23-2022 | 03:19 PM

Car
Originally Posted by Long Islander
The only feature of the Mercedes Me app that I have used is the Send to Benz feature through which you can send an address and give it nickname on the car navigation. The remote start would be useful to warm up the car if I left it outside, which I don't do. The app is complimentary for five years and then you have to pay for it. It's surprisingly expensive so I'll just let it expire when the car is 5 years old. A yearly subscription costs more than satellite radio which is much more useful (you use it all the time as opposed to once in a great while).
its actually 3 years not 5, just renewed mine for my 2019 for $100+ tax and did not add any GPS features since I use car play
Old 12-23-2022 | 03:57 PM

2018 E400 4matic Wagon
its actually 3 years not 5, just renewed mine for my 2019 for $100+ tax and did not add any GPS features since I use car play
I got a card in the mail and when I called, they told me it was complimentary for 5 years. I used it last summer and in September when my car was over 4 years old. Maybe for 2018 model cars it was complimentary for 5 years and for later casr they decided to gouge car owners more by shortening the complimentary period to only 3 years.
Old 12-23-2022 | 04:25 PM

Car
How nice, wonder why ford and every other car maker offers this stuff for free

Originally Posted by Long Islander
I got a card in the mail and when I called, they told me it was complimentary for 5 years. I used it last summer and in September when my car was over 4 years old. Maybe for 2018 model cars it was complimentary for 5 years and for later casr they decided to gouge car owners more by shortening the complimentary period to only 3 years.
Old 12-23-2022 | 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
How nice, wonder why ford and every other car maker offers this stuff for free
What universe is that in? Not sure if this is the latest pricing, but Ford charges $80/year for Connected Navigation after only a 90-day trial. Pretty much everybody charges for connected car services. Even Tesla, which famously offered it for free at first, now charges for it. There are ongoing operating costs with providing online services. The data connection costs money and so does running the data center infrastructure. No business in their right mind is gonna give this away for free, unless they can bundle it into another revenue stream.

Old 12-23-2022 | 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Up to 2018 models with the me it was free 5 years 2019 and up only free 3 years. The connect is better on the 2019 plus cars as it’s a two way system and tell whether the car is locked and gives other data
Old 12-24-2022 | 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E300
I believe 2018 E class and earlier still have Mercedes me whereas 2019 and later gets the new Mercedes me connect program.