E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

S213 complaint to Mercedes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2023 | 05:54 AM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
S213 complaint to Mercedes

Ah well, after 8 weeks in the garage altogether, I filed a complaint to Mercedes.

Dealer has refused my claims stating that they need to inspect the car although it was at one of their garages for 4 weeks and they didn’t fix it.

This time it went into service where I leased it from.

I reported many issues main ones: noise from front left heard from 20kmh, rear suspension bottoming, driver’s seat squeaking, right front door has terrible noise while opening and closing it, doors do no hold while you try to open them.

Had a call with Service Master. Funny thing was that in two days seems that they fixed few things.

I was asked why I drive with tire pressure of 2,6 bar. I said this is what is written on fuel cap.

Service Master reports: “Hello, today we finished programming. The engine adaptation values ​​have been reset. Tire pressure was set at 2.2 bar with cold tires. Pressure after test drive 2.3 bar. Tire noise is gone. More steps tomorrow.”

So to fix front noise, he has put down tire pressure by 0,4 bar. Interesting fix!

more: “Hello, today the height of the suspension of the vehicle was adjusted. After a test drive, I found that I would lower the rear axle suspension. The comfort of the front axle has been noticeably improved. The rear axle can be lowered further, which will increase comfort. After setting, I will check the geometry of the chassis. This is a standard check after changing the suspension height.”

I wonder if above is done under Mercedes procedures as I kind of doubt.

For 8 weeks nothing fixed then only in 2 days most done! I really doubt it!

link to 3 videos:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0ddNzaUGYLAGzEP8rR9Bh3oDw

Last edited by tyo; 04-15-2023 at 07:02 AM.
Old 04-15-2023 | 11:47 AM

2018 E400 Coupe
What dealer did you go to?
Old 04-15-2023 | 11:57 AM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Originally Posted by The_Judge
I am in Poland not US!

Car was for about 3 weeks with main dealer in Warsaw. They couldn’t fix it. Then 4 weeks with another one and they couldn’t fix the issues.

To me it isn’t possible to fix this under inflating the tires considering minimum should be 2,6 bar.
Old 04-15-2023 | 12:06 PM

2021 Mojave Silver E450, BRG Jaguar F-pace S, 2011 335d (RIP), 2010 E350 (sold)
My guess is he is in eastern'ish Europe (Czech, Poland etc..). Who else uses bar for pressure?
Old 04-15-2023 | 12:09 PM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Originally Posted by ddeliber
My guess is he is in eastern'ish Europe (Czech, Poland etc..). Who else uses bar for pressure?
let it be PSI

260psi!
Old 04-15-2023 | 12:38 PM

2018 E400 Coupe
Actually, 2.6 Bars is equal to 37.7098 PSI, or at least that's what Google claims.

Anyway, the pressures listed on the gas cap, on the door, or in the manual may not be appropriate for the particular tires on a car, especially if the tires are of a different size than what is recommended.

That said, for the dealer to claim your problems were fixed by lowering the tire pressure is very questionable. It sounds as if they simply made up an excuse for their unconscionable delay in servicing you car.

Let us know if you get any response from MB. I'll be surprised if you do.
Old 04-15-2023 | 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E300
I run about 37 psi on my 19” tires, my car is a E300 and no noise at all from the front end. Even if what your heard were road noise, it would not be that much difference with 4 psi less. Dealers do not get pay chasing around your car’s problems. Usually, if the problem is not repeatable, they will not try very hard to fix it. Even if it is repeatable, sometimes it is very hard to fix.
Old 04-15-2023 | 05:59 PM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Actually, 2.6 Bars is equal to 37.7098 PSI, or at least that's what Google claims.

Anyway, the pressures listed on the gas cap, on the door, or in the manual may not be appropriate for the particular tires on a car, especially if the tires are of a different size than what is recommended.

That said, for the dealer to claim your problems were fixed by lowering the tire pressure is very questionable. It sounds as if they simply made up an excuse for their unconscionable delay in servicing you car.

Let us know if you get any response from MB. I'll be surprised if you do.
my bad! Indeed it is over 37psi.

I don’t know what to except but I don’t like that questions, I was asked. Like why previous dealer has changed the rear drive axle. I said that I am not the right person to ask such questions.
The following users liked this post:
The_Judge (04-17-2023)
Old 04-15-2023 | 06:10 PM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Originally Posted by The G Man
I run about 37 psi on my 19” tires, my car is a E300 and no noise at all from the front end. Even if what your heard were road noise, it would not be that much difference with 4 psi less. Dealers do not get pay chasing around your car’s problems. Usually, if the problem is not repeatable, they will not try very hard to fix it. Even if it is repeatable, sometimes it is very hard to fix.
This isn’t tire noise because I can hear noise from 20km/h and at 130km/h is so loud and annoying that I have no words to describe it.

I complained about following: front driver side noise, windshield cracking noise around passenger side, driver’s seat cracking noise, right front door squeaking noise, accelerator pedal
squeaking noise, all 4 doors don’t hold, middle elbow rest squeaking noise, rear right side noise just above passenger, rear suspension bottoming. Plus complained that a car with 30000km on the clock has rear drive axle changed, water pump cable changed, rear suspension bushings replaced, engine and gear box suspension elements changed….

All in all, I don’t even want to have this car back. My first Mercedes and such a bad experience. Not to mention customer treatment with one exception.

Got a lawyer and waiting for decision from
MB dealer and will decide on how to proceed.
Old 04-16-2023 | 05:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E300
Originally Posted by tyo
This isn’t tire noise because I can hear noise from 20km/h and at 130km/h is so loud and annoying that I have no words to describe it.

I complained about following: front driver side noise, windshield cracking noise around passenger side, driver’s seat cracking noise, right front door squeaking noise, accelerator pedal
squeaking noise, all 4 doors don’t hold, middle elbow rest squeaking noise, rear right side noise just above passenger, rear suspension bottoming. Plus complained that a car with 30000km on the clock has rear drive axle changed, water pump cable changed, rear suspension bushings replaced, engine and gear box suspension elements changed….

All in all, I don’t even want to have this car back. My first Mercedes and such a bad experience. Not to mention customer treatment with one exception.

Got a lawyer and waiting for decision from
MB dealer and will decide on how to proceed.
Not sure about Poland, but in the US, dealers usually only look at rattles during the first year or 12,000 miles. Did you buy the car new or used? Sounds like the dealers are overwhelmed by all of the issues you have. This is my 4th Mercedes and MB customer service is not what it use to be.
Old 04-16-2023 | 06:06 AM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Not sure about Poland, but in the US, dealers usually only look at rattles during the first year or 12,000 miles. Did you buy the car new or used? Sounds like the dealers are overwhelmed by all of the issues you have. This is my 4th Mercedes and MB customer service is not what it use to be.
New car, The G Man!
I have 3 years warranty with up to 150 000km.
MB customer service is really poor, I was too patient hoping they would fix the issues. Just had enough!

I won’t accept car where someone has “fixed” noise issues by under inflating the tires. I am not even sure if lowering rear suspension is safe to drive the car, too. To me both actions aren’t following producer factory settings.
Old 04-16-2023 | 02:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E300
Originally Posted by tyo
New car, The G Man!
I have 3 years warranty with up to 150 000km.
MB customer service is really poor, I was too patient hoping they would fix the issues. Just had enough!

I won’t accept car where someone has “fixed” noise issues by under inflating the tires. I am not even sure if lowering rear suspension is safe to drive the car, too. To me both actions aren’t following producer factory settings.
I am assuming you have air suspensions, on my last Mercedes with air suspension, all 4 suspension go up and down, not just the rear. Lowering the suspension makes the car ride more comfortable? Maybe it was mis-calibrated before or your air suspension is starting to leak. I sold my Mercedes with air suspension when it started having issues with ride height. The air suspension is very costly to repair and it is almost like a routine maintenance item every 3 to 5 years.
Old 04-16-2023 | 03:56 PM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
I am assuming you have air suspensions, on my last Mercedes with air suspension, all 4 suspension go up and down, not just the rear. Lowering the suspension makes the car ride more comfortable? Maybe it was mis-calibrated before or your air suspension is starting to leak. I sold my Mercedes with air suspension when it started having issues with ride height. The air suspension is very costly to repair and it is almost like a routine maintenance item every 3 to 5 years.
Indeed my car has AirMatic. It keeps calibrating very, very often.
Chief Mechanic wrote that lowering rear suspension has increased the comfort. As car is still with them, I can’t comment on it but I kind of doubt.
I thought that perhaps it has started leaking, it has stated when car had 18000km on the lock. Software was updated on the suspension control module. As I had twice yellow warning sign that something is wrong with suspension and to drive 80km/h max. Module was replaced but issue is still there.

I just don’t trust MB anymore and want to get rid of the car. I started to believe in bad intention especially of the dealer where my car is now.

Last edited by tyo; 04-16-2023 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-16-2023 | 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It is (past) time to sell or otherwise dispose of that car. I had to replace air suspension a few weeks after the 4 year warranty expired.
When Mercedes are good they are very, very good, but when Mercedes are bad they are horrid. (My apologies to Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.)
tyo (04-16-2023)
Old 04-17-2023 | 02:08 PM

2018 E400 Coupe
Good! I'd hate to see you — or at least what would be left of you — if you tried to put 260 PSI in your tires.
Old 04-17-2023 | 02:39 PM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Good! I'd hate to see you — or at least what would be left of you — if you tried to put 260 PSI in your tires.
Indeed! My bad. You won’t see me with 260PSI
Old 04-17-2023 | 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E300
Originally Posted by tyo
Indeed my car has AirMatic. It keeps calibrating very, very often.
Chief Mechanic wrote that lowering rear suspension has increased the comfort. As car is still with them, I can’t comment on it but I kind of doubt.
I thought that perhaps it has started leaking, it has stated when car had 18000km on the lock. Software was updated on the suspension control module. As I had twice yellow warning sign that something is wrong with suspension and to drive 80km/h max. Module was replaced but issue is still there.

I just don’t trust MB anymore and want to get rid of the car. I started to believe in bad intention especially of the dealer where my car is now.
Does your car sit low when you have not driven it for a while? If not, it might be the height sensors or the associated wiring. A ride height calibration is worth a shot, it might find a sweet spot where the sensors are working. Air suspension are great when they are working but they are high maintenance and fails often. When I bought my current E, I made sure it had coil suspension.
Old 04-18-2023 | 01:40 AM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Does your car sit low when you have not driven it for a while? If not, it might be the height sensors or the associated wiring. A ride height calibration is worth a shot, it might find a sweet spot where the sensors are working. Air suspension are great when they are working but they are high maintenance and fails often. When I bought my current E, I made sure it had coil suspension.
I can’t remember well but I do believe seeing the car sitting low when not driven for over 10-12 hours.
MB is working on it. At least this time they are actually driving it. Last time my car sat 4 weeks at the dealer, it has been driven only 25km in total. This time for over a week just under 150km.
Old 04-23-2023 | 03:30 AM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Got a call on Friday afternoon.

Service Master stated that my car is ready at 80% and rest 20%, he would like to explain to me why they couldn’t fix! He then asked me when I will come to pick up the car.

I told him that I don’t want any explanation. I said I want everything that has been done or not to be written down then stamped and sent to me. As I will pass it to my lawyer. I also asked him if he could include if the repairs done, actually follow manufacture’s guidelines and factory settings. As I really doubt that!
Old 05-11-2023 | 11:20 PM

2019 C63s
Wondering where did you write to MB, and have you received any response? Currently dealing with a situation where on multiple occassions over the last month they tried to send me home with empty/leaking coolant telling me everything is fine 😑
Old 05-12-2023 | 05:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 E300
Start by calling MB USA customer service.

1 (800) 367-6372
tyo (05-12-2023)
Old 05-14-2023 | 03:38 AM
tyo

S213 200e 4Matic
Originally Posted by tp767
Wondering where did you write to MB, and have you received any response? Currently dealing with a situation where on multiple occassions over the last month they tried to send me home with empty/leaking coolant telling me everything is fine 😑
I am in Poland so not sure if my experience is relevant for you.

MB Dealer refused denied my complaint so my lawyer is preparing official letter.

One thing, I learned is if I ever have such things going on then I won’t be so patient and understanding for the dealer. I will react my faster and file a complaint if they fail to fix the car.