E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

HELP: AC trouble ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2023, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 e300 4matic
HELP: AC trouble ?

BACKSTORY: The other day it was raining pretty bad, the street near my house was flooded and I needed to get home. I was dumb enough to drive full speed through it, I don’t know exactly how tall was the water but I’m pretty sure it reached the bumper or barely passed it. Since I was driving full speed it didn’t last long maybe about 2/3 seconds I got home everything seemed fine. PROBLEM: The next day, as I was warming up the car I felt the AC wasn’t blowing as cold as usual even though it was on LO and I felt the AC wasn’t blowing as hard as it should even though it was on 5. When I took off and started driving the AC started blowing colder as usual but I also noticed the car was vibrating when I would come to a full stop. I felt that for about 5 lights till I got on the freeway for a few minutes then got off I didn’t feel the vibration no more. That was 5 days ago and I’m still having the issue where the AC doesn’t blow as cold as it should till I start driving and the same thing with the vibration happened like 2 more times after that but goes away after I drive for
a bit. Any ideas what it could be? No warnings or lights came on the dash. I don’t think it needs a AC Freon recharge since it blows cold once I drive. Could it be AC condenser? AC compressor?, AC line? Thanks for your time

Last edited by Edgardo Aguilar; 07-12-2023 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-12-2023, 02:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005
Points to the electric fan if AC blows cold air when moving but not when stationary. The vibration sounds like something else. I guess your car still has the serpentine belt, did you open the hood and have a look, anything odd there?
Old 07-12-2023, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 268 Likes on 210 Posts
2019 E300
It might be tempting to speed up and try to power through standing water on the road. That’s the opposite of what you want to do, make sure you keep your speed low to avoid flooding your engine. Driving fast thru water will create a wake and splash water into your engine bay.