E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

W213 E300 2019 start engine issue after accident

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2023, 06:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W213 W166
W213 E300 2019 start engine issue after accident

Hello. I have a problem with engine not starting after an accident and need some smart people help to solve this one. I looked online for a solution, but really nothing hits the spot.

I bought a damaged w213 with steering wheel, passenger dashboard, knee and left curtain airbag deployed. All 4 seat belts shot. Replaced all of them.

I have Xentry passthru (not really sure of limitations of it - have only got it for this car). At the moment there is no airbag light, no codes stored in the airbag module. The ECU on the other hand has a few codes stored:

I can clear them but, it doesn't come back unless I disconnect the battery for a minute.

I go to 'enable engine start after accident' and I see this:

My understanding is that at this point I don't need to 'start power disable' because 'inhibit of engine start' is not active. BUT the engine won't start unless I 'start power disable'.
The message I get each time after starting the 'power disable':

After that, the actual value is still NOT ACTIVE but then I get to start the engine. From this point I can't get it to NOT start unless I disconnect the battery (or reset ECU on Xentry). After that, the fault codes come back.

Some extra values that may be useful:

These values does not change before/after making the engine start.

I have not changed any pyrofuse on this car as I believe there is none on this model. I have not done anything to the SRS airbag module since it has no codes stored in it which makes me believe it is not the issue.

Maybe I need a different diagnostic tool to play with because mine show it is not preventing the engine start but when I press 'start power disable' the engine CAN start which doesn't make sense and still shows it is not preventing from starting (value doesn't change,but engine is enabled).

Please guide me with my rebuild of my first Mercedes ))