E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Strange Android Auto YouTube music behavior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2024, 04:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2017 Mercedes C300 Sport
Strange Android Auto YouTube music behavior

Greetings all. Have any of you had issues with MBUX (2022 E53 Coupe) where Android Auto, specifically YouTube music, resets to where you last placed the cursor just a second or so after the last input? For example, if I'm using the steering wheel controls or the center touchpad, if I press to skip the song it resets back to pause or somewhere else on the screen seemingly randomly. It means that skipping songs is multiple unnecessary inputs instead of it just staying on the last position. I tried different cables and phones. Even reinstalled the app and cleared the cache. It's something with MBUX. Doesn't do it on my other two non-Mercedes cars.
Old 02-14-2024, 04:56 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
W213 e300 MY19 (Aus market)
I have the pre-facelift e300 on ntg5.5(?) and not mbux - with the centre rotary dialpad. I only use YouTube music, (from a wired iPhone/carplay) and have no such issues in 3 years of owning the car.

Sounds like an MBUX-Android Auto glitch to me.
Old 02-15-2024, 06:03 PM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
W213 e300 MY19 (Aus market)
Update: I tried YouTube Music from my android phone (Android Auto). There was one strange behaviour: if I played a tracklist then each song would repeat and then move to the next track. This subsequent song would then also repeat again before moving on to the following track.