E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Unsolved loss of power and car jacking when starting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2024 | 03:32 PM

Mercedes W213
Unsolved loss of power and car jacking when starting

Hi,
I have a W213 E220d 2017. A week after a DPF delete and a stage one tune, it started developing some issues.

So we are getting an error message of low fuel pressure, I replaced the fuel pump.

First, I get the glow plug sign flashing for a split second, then the car stutters every time I turn on the engine and I start accelerating. It only happens every time the car is turned on and I accelerate.

Second issue is the car goes off anywhere and turns on almost all lights. So I have to pull over, turn on the car and drive off again. This only happens when the start/stop button is activated. So I usually turn it off for that not to happen.

Third issue is I occasionally get some whitish, light greyish smoke that smells weird if the car doesn’t stutter(refer to issue 1)

Fourth issue is the car barely has power. At times it can’t go beyond 80-100 kph. Very few times it can move as fast as it should.

I’m sure it’s all interconnected. What could be the issue?
Old 08-29-2024 | 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
Originally Posted by Darryl_t
Hi,
I have a W213 E220d 2017. A week after a DPF delete and a stage one tune, it started developing some issues.

So we are getting an error message of low fuel pressure, I replaced the fuel pump.

First, I get the glow plug sign flashing for a split second, then the car stutters every time I turn on the engine and I start accelerating. It only happens every time the car is turned on and I accelerate.

Second issue is the car goes off anywhere and turns on almost all lights. So I have to pull over, turn on the car and drive off again. This only happens when the start/stop button is activated. So I usually turn it off for that not to happen.

Third issue is I occasionally get some whitish, light greyish smoke that smells weird if the car doesn’t stutter(refer to issue 1)

Fourth issue is the car barely has power. At times it can’t go beyond 80-100 kph. Very few times it can move as fast as it should.

I’m sure it’s all interconnected. What could be the issue?
Darry, the solution is in your question:
-1- A week after a DPF delete and a stage one tune, it started developing some issues.

-2- So we are getting an error message of low fuel pressure
... makes it sound like the DPF-delete surgery was not successful.

Don't get too many hands working on this issue. Go back to the DPF delete guys.