E-Class (W214) 2024 -

Anyone Ordering W214 Wagon?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.

Old 05-11-2024, 08:56 AM

Received 171 Likes on 108 Posts
2020 E450 Wagon
Originally Posted by Drone_S213
​​​​​​
My 2021 AMG E63s Wagon is still for sale at NM Dealership. CA prospective buyer changed their mind last week. 18,4xxx miles. Front PPF, Lifetime Ceramic Coating. Warranty expires May 2025. Two sets of wheels included including OE wheels with Summer RFT.

http://www.casafordlascruces.com/use...KZH8KBXMA97052
It is a lovely vehicle. What did you replace it with or are going to replace it with?
Old 05-11-2024, 09:34 AM

Received 189 Likes on 146 Posts
2021 AMG E63s Wagon
Coyote Gray

Originally Posted by fleuger99
It is a lovely vehicle. What did you replace it with or are going to replace it with?
Traded it for 2024 Ford Maverick AWD with 2.0T, 8-spd Automatic, and towing package. Our new Georgia Residence has a huge front and back yard. Need to make weekly trips to the Dump with the yard and garbage waste. I was contemplating trading my AMG Wagon on the new Lexus GX550 Overtrail but Hennessy Lexus of ATL has an extensive waiting list where $1000 puts you in the Queue. Will wait now until 2026 when the initial Demand for GX550 levels off as Supply ramps up. Still a Wagon lover, will see how the W214 Wagon looks and drives in person after Son graduates GA Tech in two years.

I don't miss my AMG E63s Wagon $1922 monthly payment...already with the savings put PPF on front of Maverick as well as Lifetime Ceramic Coating. Will pay my Detailer other half of Balance next month. 2.0T Ford 4-cylinder engine has pep with 250-hp, they put same engine in Lincoln Nautilus Luxury SUV @$55K. Unibody AWD Maverick 2.0T with 8A is quicker to 60mph than Ford Raptor with NA 6.2L V8 and gets 29mpg. Will miss the Premium AMG amenities and 603-hp on the 1500-mile Treks between NM and GA Residences VIA the smooth Interstates 10 and 20.

Last edited by Drone_S213; 05-11-2024 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-11-2024, 09:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 596 Likes on 442 Posts
MB
​​​​​​
My 2021 AMG E63s Wagon is still for sale at NM Dealership. CA prospective buyer changed their mind last week. 18,4xxx miles. Front PPF, Lifetime Ceramic Coating. Warranty expires May 2025. Two sets of wheels included including OE wheels with Summer RFT.

http://www.casafordlascruces.com/use...KZH8KBXMA97052

Edit:
Car was taken off Dealership Website after they reduced price by $7K. Somebody got a great Deal.
I noticed some work in the carfax in the summer of 2022. What issues were you getting and did it all get resolved or was there anything lingering?
  • Steering wheel replaced
  • Wiring repaired
  • Transaxle overhauled
  • Battery cable(s) replaced
  • Electrical system checked
  • Differential fluid flushed/changed
  • Rear differential fluid flushed/changed
  • Rear differential serviced
Old 05-11-2024, 10:10 AM

2021 AMG E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by wildta
I noticed some work in the carfax in the summer of 2022. What issues were you getting and did it all get resolved or was there anything lingering?
  • Steering wheel replaced
  • Wiring repaired
  • Transaxle overhauled
  • Battery cable(s) replaced
  • Electrical system checked
  • Differential fluid flushed/changed
  • Rear differential fluid flushed/changed
  • Rear differential serviced
Since November 2022 after nearly 3-months in the shop in ABQ, NM my AMG has been Perfect. MBUSA approved its Buyback in December but since the Hardware was replaced and Software was updated I took their $5,000 counter offer to keep driving my AMG. Used $5K to purchase diamond wedding band for the Wife that Christmas...her Platinum Band got too small since 1996 Nuptials. I applied PPF and Ceramic Coating to the Wagon in 2023 because intended to keep the AMG for life at the time...
The following users liked this post:
wildta (05-11-2024)
Old 05-11-2024, 11:21 AM

2020 E450 Wagon
Traded it for 2024 Ford Maverick AWD with 2.0T, 8-spd Automatic, and towing package. Our new Georgia Residence has a huge front and back yard. Need to make weekly trips to the Dump with the yard and garbage waste. I was contemplating trading my AMG Wagon on the new Lexus GX550 Overtrail but Hennessy Lexus of ATL has an extensive waiting list where $1000 puts you in the Queue. Will wait now until 2026 when the initial Demand for GX550 levels off as Supply ramps up. Still a Wagon lover, will see how the W214 Wagon looks and drives in person after Son graduates GA Tech in two years.

I don't miss my AMG E63s Wagon $1922 monthly payment...already with the savings put PPF on front of Maverick as well as Lifetime Ceramic Coating. Will pay my Detailer other half of Balance next month. 2.0T Ford 4-cylinder engine has pep with 250-hp, they put same engine in Lincoln Nautilus Luxury SUV @$55K. Unibody AWD Maverick 2.0T with 8A is quicker to 60mph than Ford Raptor with NA 6.2L V8 and gets 29mpg. Will miss the Premium AMG amenities and 603-hp on the 1500-mile Treks between NM and GA Residences VIA the smooth Interstates 10 and 20.
That is quite the switch from an AMG E63s to a Ford pickup. Personally, Ford quality is crap and I'd never buy one. Every year they have 600K to 3 million recalls. Currently driving a 23 Lexus IS500, limited edition IS with the 5 litre naturally aspirated V8. I love the car but its totally not practical. Interior is good for two adults and two kids, that is it but it is fun to drive. I'm potentially looking at the new wagon for late next year.
Old 05-11-2024, 11:29 AM

Received 260 Likes on 166 Posts
Just found this on cars.com, first 2024 E450 wagon I've seen in the US at a dealer. It is very well equipped at $92K MSRP. At least they are starting to arrive. Still no info from MBUSA of course.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/e...-4faa54008da2/
Crap dealer photos, but looks like the car has Alcantara/Dynamica headliner? Did not see that on either 2024 or 2025 order guides…

Last edited by Alan Smithee; 05-11-2024 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-11-2024, 11:31 AM

2020 E450 Wagon
Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Crap dealer photos, but looks like that car has Alcantara/Dynamica headliner? Did not see it on either 2024 or 2025 order guides…
I've noticed many of the first arriving cars are at this same price point and wonder if its a more or less standard build for the initial models?
Old 05-11-2024, 11:33 AM

SO annoying the website is useless.
Old 05-11-2024, 11:36 AM

2020 E450 Wagon
SO annoying the website is useless.
Amen!!
Old 05-11-2024, 12:14 PM

2021 AMG E63s Wagon
That is quite the switch from an AMG E63s to a Ford pickup. Personally, Ford quality is crap and I'd never buy one. Every year they have 600K to 3 million recalls. Currently driving a 23 Lexus IS500, limited edition IS with the 5 litre naturally aspirated V8. I love the car but its totally not practical. Interior is good for two adults and two kids, that is it but it is fun to drive. I'm potentially looking at the new wagon for late next year.
The Maverick Hybrid with crappy CVT that gets 42mpg has been problematic since its rollout MY2022. Will see how this Ecoboost 2.0T powerplant does with 8-spd Automatic with real gears. Its driver infotainment is basic and glad that my XL work truck Spec uses an old school key for its ignition. Figure if I change the oil to full synthetic after its initial 1000- mile break in period, the 2.0T which has been around with Ford forever should last a good 10-15 years. Still own my Australian built Chevy SS and Ducati motorcycle at NM residence plus have two Asian Appliances in GA. At age 64 thinking about downsizing...once I give up my Firearm Collection and sell NM Residence could probably lease an AMG EQE SUV for my remaining days...but its Alabama Plant has had Quality issues since its inception. Glad that I didn't purchase that ML320 which had plenty of recalls in the late 1990s. Will keep an eye on the Lexus GX550 and W214 Wagon quality control and customer satisfaction over these next two years. As a GMH Employee since the late 1980s never thought would purchase a Ford product especially one made in Mexico like some Toyota pickup trucks. At $29,000 the Maverick has a smooth highway ride and will suit the Wife fine with her Green Thumb Passion. Only owe $8K on this Truck with positive equity from AMG Wagon Trade a few weeks ago. Will get it dirty on trips to the Gun Range in NM and hunting trips to SC where my college buddy who works at Nuke Plants in Augusta has Private Land with a generous Deer population in my Retirement.

Go test drive one...dealerships can't keep them in Stock.
fleuger99 (05-11-2024)
Old 05-11-2024, 08:56 PM

2020 E450 Wagon
The Maverick Hybrid with crappy CVT that gets 42mpg has been problematic since its rollout MY2022. Will see how this Ecoboost 2.0T powerplant does with 8-spd Automatic with real gears. Its driver infotainment is basic and glad that my XL work truck Spec uses an old school key for its ignition. Figure if I change the oil to full synthetic after its initial 1000- mile break in period, the 2.0T which has been around with Ford forever should last a good 10-15 years. Still own my Australian built Chevy SS and Ducati motorcycle at NM residence plus have two Asian Appliances in GA. At age 64 thinking about downsizing...once I give up my Firearm Collection and sell NM Residence could probably lease an AMG EQE SUV for my remaining days...but its Alabama Plant has had Quality issues since its inception. Glad that I didn't purchase that ML320 which had plenty of recalls in the late 1990s. Will keep an eye on the Lexus GX550 and W214 Wagon quality control and customer satisfaction over these next two years. As a GMH Employee since the late 1980s never thought would purchase a Ford product especially one made in Mexico like some Toyota pickup trucks. At $29,000 the Maverick has a smooth highway ride and will suit the Wife fine with her Green Thumb Passion. Only owe $8K on this Truck with positive equity from AMG Wagon Trade a few weeks ago. Will get it dirty on trips to the Gun Range in NM and hunting trips to SC where my college buddy who works at Nuke Plants in Augusta has Private Land with a generous Deer population in my Retirement.

Go test drive one...dealerships can't keep them in Stock.
Sounds like you have no shortage of vehicles I want to keep my IS500 for two years, which will be next Aug and then will replace it. In Nov I just got rid of a 2019 BMW R1250RT which I loved but it developed an electrical issue that would prevent the bike from starting after fueling up on longer rides. If left for 30 minutes it would then start up like nothing was wrong. BMW had my bike for three week long visits and could never figure out the issue which was very frustrating. Then my warranty ended and I didn't want to sink good money after bad trying to figure the issue out so decided to trade it. I ended up buying a new Yamaha Super Tenere 1200. It is not as refined as my RT but it is a nice bike and these are bullet proof. In 2022 I did a nice week long trip to NM, it was a bucket list bike trip as I'd never been to NM. Based myself in Roswell and rode rides North, West and South from there. I loved the rides West into the mountains. Hopefully your Maverick will serve you well.
Drone_S213 (05-11-2024)
Old 05-12-2024, 01:12 PM

2021 AMG E63s Wagon
Fast is Slow; Slow is Fast

Sounds like you have no shortage of vehicles I want to keep my IS500 for two years, which will be next Aug and then will replace it. In Nov I just got rid of a 2019 BMW R1250RT which I loved but it developed an electrical issue that would prevent the bike from starting after fueling up on longer rides. If left for 30 minutes it would then start up like nothing was wrong. BMW had my bike for three week long visits and could never figure out the issue which was very frustrating. Then my warranty ended and I didn't want to sink good money after bad trying to figure the issue out so decided to trade it. I ended up buying a new Yamaha Super Tenere 1200. It is not as refined as my RT but it is a nice bike and these are bullet proof. In 2022 I did a nice week long trip to NM, it was a bucket list bike trip as I'd never been to NM. Based myself in Roswell and rode rides North, West and South from there. I loved the rides West into the mountains. Hopefully your Maverick will serve you well.
Glad you experienced the Land of Enchantment on your Motorcycle Tour! Now you know why I keep my NM residence with the Epic Mountain Backdrops and empty highways once the kids are in School and before they come home 2:30pm. Grew up in NYC where I learned to Drive in 1976. Think there are over 4-million people in Brooklyn alone which is the total population of New Mexico. But as I get older driving 160mph+ since my Small Block Chevy Days on a weekly basis for the last 30-years has become boring. Rather explore off-road treasures now since I got my CDL in 2011 and worked the vast and sometimes barren Oilfields of the Permian Basin. Enjoyed driving a Tractor Trailer sometimes at 5mph on Lease Roads in the middle of nowhere out of range of even Cell Phone Service fully loaded at 80,000lbs. Had to avoid the Rancher's Cattle, Horses, and Goats especially on those Moonless Nights on 3rd Shift Duty. Glad I never transferred to McKinney Texas to finish out my Engineering Aerospace First Career and stayed in NM at the Missile Range.

On my last day of E63s Wagon ownership took my young Salesman and a young lady in charge of Internet Sales and Appraisals on a ride in their first TTV8 AMG on I-10 West towards Deming. Had to slow down from 145mph as we caught up to Truckers near the Crest of a Hill. Going Forward in my Retirement the 80mph speed limit in West Texas is fast enough. If I get the Lexus GX 550 Overtrail in 2026 will enjoy the Southwest and the Blue Ridge Mountains at 5mph on Forest Roads throughout all 4-seasons. If I get a W214 All Terrain Wagon will have a dedicated wheel set with All Terrain Trail Tires. Just put WildPeak A/T Trail tires on dedicated wheels on my AWD Maverick this past Wednesday...
​​​​​

Old 05-12-2024, 03:20 PM

2020 E450 Wagon
Glad you experienced the Land of Enchantment on your Motorcycle Tour! Now you know why I keep my NM residence with the Epic Mountain Backdrops and empty highways once the kids are in School and before they come home 2:30pm. Grew up in NYC where I learned to Drive in 1976. Think there are over 4-million people in Brooklyn alone which is the total population of New Mexico. But as I get older driving 160mph+ since my Small Block Chevy Days on a weekly basis for the last 30-years has become boring. Rather explore off-road treasures now since I got my CDL in 2011 and worked the vast and sometimes barren Oilfields of the Permian Basin. Enjoyed driving a Tractor Trailer sometimes at 5mph on Lease Roads in the middle of nowhere out of range of even Cell Phone Service fully loaded at 80,000lbs. Had to avoid the Rancher's Cattle, Horses, and Goats especially on those Moonless Nights on 3rd Shift Duty. Glad I never transferred to McKinney Texas to finish out my Engineering Aerospace First Career and stayed in NM at the Missile Range.

On my last day of E63s Wagon ownership took my young Salesman and a young lady in charge of Internet Sales and Appraisals on a ride in their first TTV8 AMG on I-10 West towards Deming. Had to slow down from 145mph as we caught up to Truckers near the Crest of a Hill. Going Forward in my Retirement the 80mph speed limit in West Texas is fast enough. If I get the Lexus GX 550 Overtrail in 2026 will enjoy the Southwest and the Blue Ridge Mountains at 5mph on Forest Roads throughout all 4-seasons. If I get a W214 All Terrain Wagon will have a dedicated wheel set with All Terrain Trail Tires. Just put WildPeak A/T Trail tires on dedicated wheels on my AWD Maverick this past Wednesday...
​​​​​
Sounds like you have quite the vehicle history It is sometimes nice to think back to those days and experiences. Personally, not looking for an SUV, I want to go wagon or go sedan. Preferably a wagon for practical and dog reasons. Let us know what you end up with.
Old 05-13-2024, 06:57 AM

2021 AMG E63s Wagon
Sounds like you have quite the vehicle history It is sometimes nice to think back to those days and experiences. Personally, not looking for an SUV, I want to go wagon or go sedan. Preferably a wagon for practical and dog reasons. Let us know what you end up with.
Good luck on your journey! I would keep that Lexus 5.0V8 Sedan then add the W214 Wagon or Sedan to your fleet.

SUVs suck until you need the ground clearance for off-road adventures or that extra cushion to get to higher ground and park if one encounters a flash flood. Was lucky One Time was in the old 2005 CRV SE, stuck in traffic during rush hour on the main drag in Carlsbad NM during one of their notorious downpours. The extra ground clearance gave me the time to pull off the side of the road on the high side of the "V" and wait it out. Sedans including Police Dodge Chargers caught in the "valley" were disabled by water getting injested into their engines by waves generated by impatient "lifted" 4x4 pickup trucks making their own lanes to avoid getting stuck behind the long line of cars in the "River" Traffic. If I was driving my 2012 CRZ, 2015 or 2017 Chevy SS Sedans, I might have gotten disabled in that scenario.

Sedans and wagons are inherently more comfortable and engaging to drive long distances and are good for the old Daisy Dog to easily hop into the back seat or up thru the rear tailgate. I'm glad that I had a bunch of vehicles in my Toolbox, some with dedicated snow tires that got me to the Oilfields 240-miles away thru the mountains, rain, ice, or snow and make a 5am yard time.
​​​​​
​​The AMG Wagon was the best for my 1500-mile Treks between my Residences followed by my 2015 and 2017 Chevy SS Sedans. The 2002 Subaru WRX, with its amazing Recaro seats, was fabulous one year as I drove nonstop from NM to Birmingham, Alabama 19-hours nonstop.
fleuger99 (05-13-2024)
Old 05-19-2024, 07:04 PM

Crap dealer photos, but looks like the car has Alcantara/Dynamica headliner? Did not see that on either 2024 or 2025 order guides…
Getting back on topic…

More wagons are showing up on-line. Alcantara/Dynamica headliner IS an option (appears to be $1,600 on the window sticker), despite not being listed in either the 2024 or 2025 order guides (although referenced as 61U - not available with MB-Tex). Here’s hoping 4-zone climate is or will be available…

Also looks like initial cars have a $200 credit for no Homelink. On an $94,440 car. Get it together, Mercedes…
Old 05-19-2024, 07:30 PM

2020 E450 Wagon
My local dealer told me all orders taken now are 2025. No more 2024 orders going forward. They have a white on black wagon in the lot for around $94K. He told me they have 5 wagon allocations for 2025 at this point. I'm not going to order mine until Q1 2025 for an Aug 2025 delivery.
Old 05-19-2024, 08:47 PM

A Q1 order should arrive by end of Q2…pretty sure August 2025 deliveries will be MY2026.

Lease on my 2022 AT is up in April…was planning to get another, but not likely unless rear AC appears on the option sheet…
Old 05-20-2024, 03:09 AM

2021 AMG E63s Wagon
A Q1 order should arrive by end of Q2…pretty sure August 2025 deliveries will be MY2026.

Lease on my 2022 AT is up in April…was planning to get another, but not likely unless rear AC appears on the option sheet…
What is your backup plan? Initially intended to trade my Wagon for a 2024 A6 Allroad. After one slipped thru my fingers in ELP then another in Tysons Corner VA near my Daughter in Reston, got the generic Maverick last month. Future Allroads are going full electric or PHEV. Hopefully the rumors of the V8 return in the E63s are true after 2027. I can lease one of those in Georgia if they bring over the AMG Wagon and change my mind about the GX 550 Overtrail.
fju2112 (05-20-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 09:14 AM

2020 E450 Wagon
What is your backup plan? Initially intended to trade my Wagon for a 2024 A6 Allroad. After one slipped thru my fingers in ELP then another in Tysons Corner VA near my Daughter in Reston, got the generic Maverick last month. Future Allroads are going full electric or PHEV. Hopefully the rumors of the V8 return in the E63s are true after 2027. I can lease one of those in Georgia if they bring over the AMG Wagon and change my mind about the GX 550 Overtrail.
I looked at the A6 Allroad but was disappointed by the lack of cargo space. It is about 20% less than the MB Allterrain. Firstly the space is smaller and secondly, the fact that when one folds the rear seats, they lie at about 25 degrees - 30 degrees, not flat which consumes even more of the limited space so that was a deal breaker for me. It did drive nicely and the interior was decent but it wasn't for me. I have zero interest in an electric vehicle so none of those were even on my shopping list.

Last edited by fleuger99; 05-20-2024 at 09:15 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by fleuger99:
fju2112 (05-20-2024), rey_winslow (05-20-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 470 Likes on 347 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
I'm not sure if the dynamica headliner is orderable or if it was only included on those early production MB standarized spec cars. Haven't seen what Netstar looks like for the wagon.
Old 05-20-2024, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered 2025 AT

Here are my specs, sucks still NO 4 zone A/C or Trailer option from Factory (Confirmed with MB Atl), As to Homelink anyone's guess at this point.

993 MANUFAKTUR Patagonia Red Metallic
808 Neva Grey/ Black Nappa Leather
P55 Night Package
DA4 DIGITAL LIGHT Package
61U MANUFAKTUR Black DINAMICA Headliner
DB9 Sun Protection Package
72B Additional USB Ports
872 Heated Rear Seats
883 Soft-Close Doors
21U Dashcam
P53 ENERGIZING AIR CONTROL
DX2 Pinnacle Trim
RVO 20" AMG Multispoke Wheels
DB0 Winter Package
DB1 Leather Package
DB8 Multicontour Seating Package
293 Rear Side Airbags
A0 MBUX Superscreen Package
DA2 Driver Assistance Package $1,950
451 3D driver's display $990
D07,D43, D45, D49, D50 PIO
Old 05-20-2024, 11:19 AM

2020 E450 Wagon
Originally Posted by BHSR500
Here are my specs, sucks still NO 4 zone A/C or Trailer option from Factory (Confirmed with MB Atl), As to Homelink anyone's guess at this point.

P55 Night Package
72B Additional USB Ports
872 Heated Rear Seats
883 Soft-Close Doors
21U Dashcam
DX2 Pinnacle Trim
DB0 Winter Package
DB1 Leather Package
293 Rear Side Airbags
Looks like a great build. I am also seriously thinking of getting the Patagonia Red but with Tonka Brown/Black Napa leather. I hardly ever see MB wagons and most of the ones I do see are silver or white. Please post pics when you get your beauty.
Old 05-20-2024, 01:28 PM

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
2024 E350 W214, 2007 Dodge Durango Limited, 2005 Honda VTX 1300s, 2020 Honda Gold Wing DCT Tour
Originally Posted by BHSR500

P55 Night Package
72B Additional USB Ports
872 Heated Rear Seats
883 Soft-Close Doors
21U Dashcam
DX2 Pinnacle Trim
DB0 Winter Package
DB1 Leather Package
293 Rear Side Airbags
Nice build! Nearly identical options to my E450 on order. The dashcam will not be available until December but all the hardware will be there so it's just a software update and a $200 charge at that time.
Old 05-20-2024, 04:22 PM

Good question...I'm excited about rumors of the V8 coming back...I literally spent years trying to order an E63...but not if it's a PHEV (and I expect it would be), so not interested in the upcoming M5T either. RS6 Comp is tempting, but as fleuger99 said it's not as spacious as the MBs, and my dogs appreciate the space on long trips. Plus I don't need my practical car to be high-performance. Dislike SUVs, but wife is hinting at the new Range Rover, and I do like the GX 550 OT. If I had to make a decision today, I would probably just buy out the lease on my current AT...very happy with the car and it suits my needs perfectly.
Drone_S213 (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 660 Likes on 518 Posts
2018 S560 and 2019 E450 Wagon.
Anyone know if the 3D audio is gonna be available in the new 214 Wagon?. Also the above posts of members who posted their orders what was the pricing? I'd think somewhere around 87 to 90 K with the multi contour seats and soft close doors and other options, I'm seriously consider ordering a loaded wagon in Alpine grey with the brown interior. I guess if I cant get 3d audio it's not a deal breaker but definitely want the multi contour seats and all other options although maybe not the night package. Also night vision would be nice, is this available available on the new E class or is that just a S class thing? I probably don't need the full screen on the passenger side either, one more thing to go wrong and not really necessary.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.50 average.

Quick Reply: Anyone Ordering W214 Wagon?