E-Class (W214) 2024 -

E/W214: Code 891 - Ambient Lighting (plus?)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 02:43 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 Mercedes E200
Code 891 - Ambient Lighting (plus?)

Hello all,

I finally received the data sheet of my order from the local dealership, I am really confused about the Ambient Lighting options. What I see in my datasheet is Code 891 - Ambient Lighting (with a note that’s it’s a “plus” model).

Did anyone yet receive their car with 891 lighting? Is this indeed a “plus” or “enhanced version”? And if so, what is the different between this and the basic one.

I know “active ambient lighting” is a different feature which I did not opt for in the end.

thanks!
Old 04-30-2024, 11:03 PM

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
2024 E350 W214, 2007 Dodge Durango Limited, 2005 Honda VTX 1300s, 2020 Honda Gold Wing DCT Tour
My lease has the 891 package which is called Multi-Color Ambiant Lighting on my build sheet. It allows you to select multi-color as an option instead of solid color and then it gives you about 12 choices of color combinations that show a visual icon of the general effect. The result is that the various lights (direct, indirect, accent, and light bar) will all be different colors and light bar can be multiple colors as well. I have tried it and it looks cool but I prefer the solid blue color myself. You can also have the lighting change with the music and you can choose from single color or multi-color in that mode too.

One thing I have noticed on the ambient lighting is that it's not distracting at night. I keep the light bar fairly dim (level 2) which is very visible in low light but not very visible when in bright sunlight. At night, it's still easy to see outside and doesn't impair my ability to see clearly.
Old 04-30-2024, 11:40 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
2021 Mercedes E200
Thanks for the helpful explanation.
To me your response is quite interesting as what have described (multi-color, music synchronization etc) was sold to me me by the sales expert as "active" ambient lighting with a different code (not 891).
Although I have to admit, if my car were to have this - I would like it very much. Unfortunately at ordering, I could not go for the "active" ambient lighting as the wait period was upwards of 4 months.
Thanks once again!