Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2024, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2024 E450
Speed limit signs

My new E450 has trouble reading the speed limit on random signs
Old 06-17-2024, 06:42 PM

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts
2024 E350 W214, 2007 Dodge Durango Limited, 2005 Honda VTX 1300s, 2020 Honda Gold Wing DCT Tour
Originally Posted by omikell
My new E450 has trouble reading the speed limit on random signs
Can you be more specific and do you have a question? My 2024 E350 has some issues reading speed limit signs as well. Sometimes it reads the wrong speed and will say the limit is 25 when it's really 55. Other times, it will not read a sign at all and not change the speed. In addition, it will read some conditional signs incorrectly such as 25mph when lights flashing in a school zone. Not a huge problem unless you have cruse control on and it is setup to follow the speed signs. I've had it slam on the breaks in a 55mph zone because it thought it changed to 35mph when it's still 55. After a few times of doing that, I decided to turn the feature off so I have to set the speed rather than it read the speed limit signs. I don't think there is anything you can do to fix that other than perhaps wait for a software update that may fix it. For now, I just live without the feature. I don't like it even if it was working properly as I don't often go exactly the speed limit and usually do 10% over unless in a school or construction zone in which case I do at or below the speed limit based on the situation at hand.

BTW: Since you have a new W214, you should consider posting some pictures of your car in the picture thread.