E-Class (W214) 2024 -

Chrome Exterior Trim

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2024, 01:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W214 E-450 All Terrain
Chrome Exterior Trim

Im not a fan of the chrome trim. Starting with the strip in the rear that spans the tailgate and the tail lights. What is the best way to "delete" it. Car is black, so considering wrapping it in black vinyl but not sure that is the best option. I see a few threads discussing girll options all of which seem complicated. While we are on the topic, is there a company that sells black badges (E450, 4Matic, and the star)? Or is the only option to have a body shop remove them?
Old 06-21-2024, 08:25 AM

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
2024 E350 W214, 2007 Dodge Durango Limited, 2005 Honda VTX 1300s, 2020 Honda Gold Wing DCT Tour
Originally Posted by Srelsissi
Im not a fan of the chrome trim. Starting with the strip in the rear that spans the tailgate and the tail lights. What is the best way to "delete" it. Car is black, so considering wrapping it in black vinyl but not sure that is the best option. I see a few threads discussing girll options all of which seem complicated. While we are on the topic, is there a company that sells black badges (E450, 4Matic, and the star)? Or is the only option to have a body shop remove them?
Did you already buy a new E and wanting to do this or are you planning to buy? The night package has black where the chrome bits are. Most light colors will come with this option and most dark colors will not. You can order it how you want. If you already have it, there are shops that can delete chrome with wraps or even something more permanent. You may be able to purchase the blacked out versions from MB and have a shop swap them out. The badges are not part of the night package so those would have to be blacked out unless there is a 3rd party selling black versions. The star on the back is curved so maybe too new for a 3rd party to be selling but in time, I'm sure they would be available too. My guess is a body shop can easily remove the badges, black them out, and put them back on.

Last edited by marzillo; 06-21-2024 at 08:26 AM.
Old 06-22-2024, 02:33 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
GLE
The night package in the E class doesn't delete all the chrome. It deletes the chrome around the windows, but not the strip on the back and front around the grill.
Old 06-22-2024, 08:22 AM

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts
2024 E350 W214, 2007 Dodge Durango Limited, 2005 Honda VTX 1300s, 2020 Honda Gold Wing DCT Tour
Originally Posted by mykel79
The night package in the E class doesn't delete all the chrome. It deletes the chrome around the windows, but not the strip on the back and front around the grill.
Yes, you are correct that there is a chrome strip just above the tail lights and around the front grille that do not get blacked out in the night package. I forgot about those. The night package does black mor than just around the door windows. There are strips of chrome beneath the door sills and on the lower parts of the front and back that get black chrome. I believe the E53 has a second night package that deletes all chrome so there is that option 😉.