E-Class (W214) 2024 -

E/W214: MBUX 3.2 Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts
2024 E350 W214, 2007 Dodge Durango Limited, 2005 Honda VTX 1300s, 2020 Honda Gold Wing DCT Tour
MBUX 3.2 Issues

Well, I got a notice in my car yesterday (2024 E350) that the MBUX 3.2 update was available. I have my car set to prompt me for updates rather than automatically update. I decided to let it update and see what happens. The update process was fairly straight forward. It has to first download the update and then install it. The download took a couple of hours and only works while the car is on so if you start it and then park it will pause. It takes several hours which means that unless you are on a long drive or leave the car running (or at least on without the engine running) it will pause. I figured I would let it do it's thing without me altering my behavior so I used the car normally which meant that the download as well as the install paused several times from me shutting the car down. When the update finally finished it said that the new version would take effect when I restarted the car so I stopped for gas and when I restarted the car, I had the new version. Before the update my software version was E056.9.113 and after the update it is E263.0-5078.

After this update, I have a minor issue with Android Auto (AA) and media playback. Before the update, when I play music from AA I can go to the MBUX home screen and the media widget would show that I was playing AA along with album art, song info, and controls to pause/play, prev track, and next track. No need to go back to the AA screen to see this info or interact with the player unless I needed to change the play list. After the update, I no longer have that ability. It just shows "Playing Audio Source" in that widget and I do not have the ability to see or do anything unless I go to the AA screen. In addition, the USB media source no longer works even though I have a USB drive plugged in with media that worked fine before the update. It just says there is no USB device when there is. I've tested it and the USB drive is fine and the car will even store photos on the drive but won't reconize any media on the drive. Also, if I go to one of the radio music sources, the media widget will show that properly. Try and go back to AA media using the MBUX controls (Home->Media->AA) does nothing and acts like there is no AA running even though it's an option to select. I can go to AA directly using the AA button in the top left or in the menu and hit the play button in the AA music app I am using and the audio will change to AA but the media widget on the home screen still shows the radio station source and doesn't switch to AA or even the useless "Playing Audio Source" message. It's like MBUX no longer know AA media exists or the USB media exists. Very strange.

I've tried all sorts of things to troubleshoot this issue. I'm a technology professional and I have a good understanding about the various troubleshooting methods for situations like this. I first tried removing the phone from the MBUX for both bluetooth and AA and deleted the car from the phone. Then reconnected them. This not only didn't work but I had all sorts of strange issues with getting them to reconnect again. I'm the type of person who can have AA setup in a new car I've never seen before in less than 20 seconds and I had to try several times to get it to work. When I did get it to work, the same problem with AA media existed. As a last resort, I did a reset on the MBUX system which deletes all data except the main profile. It when through a lengthily reset process and finally restarted, however the problem still exists. I may try to delete the main profile and try again but I'm concerned that I might not get my profile setup again. I'm considering bringing it in to the dealership to see if they can help. I'm not too concerned about this car since it's technically a temp lease while I wait for the E450 I ordered. I should take deliver on that within the next two weeks as it just arrived at the Brunswick VPC.
Old Today, 06:23 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,603 Likes on 2,213 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by L1Wolf
Well, I got a notice in my car yesterday (2024 E350) that the MBUX 3.2 update was available. I have my car set to prompt me for updates rather than automatically update. I decided to let it update and see what happens. The update process was fairly straight forward. It has to first download the update and then install it. The download took a couple of hours and only works while the car is on so if you start it and then park it will pause. It takes several hours which means that unless you are on a long drive or leave the car running (or at least on without the engine running) it will pause. I figured I would let it do it's thing without me altering my behavior so I used the car normally which meant that the download as well as the install paused several times from me shutting the car down. When the update finally finished it said that the new version would take effect when I restarted the car so I stopped for gas and when I restarted the car, I had the new version. Before the update my software version was E056.9.113 and after the update it is E263.0-5078.

After this update, I have a minor issue with Android Auto (AA) and media playback. Before the update, when I play music from AA I can go to the MBUX home screen and the media widget would show that I was playing AA along with album art, song info, and controls to pause/play, prev track, and next track. No need to go back to the AA screen to see this info or interact with the player unless I needed to change the play list. After the update, I no longer have that ability. It just shows "Playing Audio Source" in that widget and I do not have the ability to see or do anything unless I go to the AA screen. In addition, the USB media source no longer works even though I have a USB drive plugged in with media that worked fine before the update. It just says there is no USB device when there is. I've tested it and the USB drive is fine and the car will even store photos on the drive but won't reconize any media on the drive. Also, if I go to one of the radio music sources, the media widget will show that properly. Try and go back to AA media using the MBUX controls (Home->Media->AA) does nothing and acts like there is no AA running even though it's an option to select. I can go to AA directly using the AA button in the top left or in the menu and hit the play button in the AA music app I am using and the audio will change to AA but the media widget on the home screen still shows the radio station source and doesn't switch to AA or even the useless "Playing Audio Source" message. It's like MBUX no longer know AA media exists or the USB media exists. Very strange.

I've tried all sorts of things to troubleshoot this issue. I'm a technology professional and I have a good understanding about the various troubleshooting methods for situations like this. I first tried removing the phone from the MBUX for both bluetooth and AA and deleted the car from the phone. Then reconnected them. This not only didn't work but I had all sorts of strange issues with getting them to reconnect again. I'm the type of person who can have AA setup in a new car I've never seen before in less than 20 seconds and I had to try several times to get it to work. When I did get it to work, the same problem with AA media existed. As a last resort, I did a reset on the MBUX system which deletes all data except the main profile. It when through a lengthily reset process and finally restarted, however the problem still exists. I may try to delete the main profile and try again but I'm concerned that I might not get my profile setup again. I'm considering bringing it in to the dealership to see if they can help. I'm not too concerned about this car since it's technically a temp lease while I wait for the E450 I ordered. I should take deliver on that within the next two weeks as it just arrived at the Brunswick VPC.
Sounds like one of the mentioned updates here https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...-software.html
Old Today, 10:56 AM

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts
2024 E350 W214, 2007 Dodge Durango Limited, 2005 Honda VTX 1300s, 2020 Honda Gold Wing DCT Tour
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
Sounds like one of the mentioned updates here https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...-software.html
Clearly not the same issue. I am not having any screens go blank or random reboots. Everything works except the AA media, USB media, and some strangeness in the AA pairing. I've also not seen someone else mention that they have software version E263.0-5078 which based on the prompts in the car during the update is MBUX 3.2. I'm bringing it to the dealership today and see if they can figure anything out.