E-Class (W214) 2024 -

851- Heat and Noise Insulating Glass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 C300
851- Heat and Noise Insulating Glass

Can "851- Heat and Noise Insulating Glass" be installed on a second-hand 2024 E350 that doesn't have the Pinnacle Trim?

Old Today, 01:54 PM
Veteran: Army

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
W214 E450
If you can get the part numbers I don't see why not but the better solution would be to just have film applied to the glass that has these properties. Many modern window film (tinted or not) have the same capabilities for heat and noise reduction. Much cheaper and less invasive installation process.
Old Today, 01:57 PM

2018 C300
Thanks. I didn't know modern films can also help with noise reduction.

Now I'm thinking of how much heat and noise reduction I'd get if applied such film on a car that DOES have this type of glass haha.
Old Today, 02:05 PM

2018 C300
Originally Posted by L1Wolf
If you can get the part numbers I don't see why not but the better solution would be to just have film applied to the glass that has these properties. Many modern window film (tinted or not) have the same capabilities for heat and noise reduction. Much cheaper and less invasive installation process.

Now I'm thinking of how much heat and noise reduction I'd get if applied such film on a car that DOES have this type of glass haha.
Old Today, 02:28 PM
Veteran: Army

Received 100 Likes on 70 Posts
W214 E450
Originally Posted by AhmedKathiri

I haven't looked myself but doing a search came up with this result for noise reducing film. It doesn't look like many of the main window tint films have noise reducing properties though. Having the Pinnacle trim option only has the noise insulation on the front windows and windshield from my understanding. I remember reading that on the build site when looking at the options but it appears to be down right now so I cannot verify.
Old Today, 05:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 177 Likes on 128 Posts
2025 AMG E 53 (on order); 2018 GLC300 4Matic; 2003 360 Modena
I remember reading that this was done on a W213 chassis. I searched, but couldn't find it, but I remember the member that did it said the door cards needed to be changed as the glass is thicker. I'm not sure if double-paned glass, but thicker that required different door cards. I'm pretty sure I remember that right and something to dig into deeper as it could get expensive.
Old Today, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 825 Likes on 654 Posts
My '18 E300 (W213) has option 596 HEAT INSULATING+IR REFLECTG.SAFETY GLASS ALL-ROUND. It has 2 panes with an IR reflecting film sandwiched between them. There are two small areas on the windshield that allow for dashboard equipment such as transponders to function. Last year when road debris broke the windshield a replacement had to be obtained from Germany.
Old Today, 08:24 PM

Received 218 Likes on 173 Posts
2024 GLE63s, 2021 E63s, 2018 GLC43
Acoustic glass has two layers of glass sandwiched between a film. You can add tint/film to block IR, but not do much for sound. Theoretically you can replace all the window and windshield glass with acoustic glass but doesn't seem practical.