Engine and Performance The archived forum for performance parts for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: C32 Pulley Kit and Other Pulleys ASP LET Custom

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32 AMG
FS: C32 Pulley Kit and Other Pulleys ASP LET Custom

Up for sale is a complete ASP 178 Pulley Kit. I bought this in January from Punisher over on MBWorld. He said he ran it on his C32 for ~10-12k miles and pulled it off because he was selling his car. I bought SRT240s 185 pulley kit, so I no longer need this. I never installed it, and it comes with all 3 pulleys, and I can throw in the $50 Crank Pulley tool too if you need it. It makes swapping the pulley an easy 30 min under the hood job instead of pulling the under panels and lodging things into the flywheel. I'm just looking to get my money back out of it; $450 and shipping. CONUS only.

Also, I have an upper supercharger pulley that I had professionally machined down by a defense contractor for use with the above ASP 178 pulley. I ran all of the numbers and this pulley when combined with the pulley above is equivalent to a LET 185mm pulley. So, install the 178 pulley, run with it for a while, and if it's not enough for you or you're going to the track, swap in this pulley for some extra boost Preference give to someone who wants both, but I will separate. $650 for both, or $250 for the SC pulley.

Also, I have a 181mm LET pulley "ring" which bolts with 6 allen bolts to the LET hub. If you're running the 185mm pulley, this will bolt on in 10 minutes without removing the belt or 27mm nut. When used with the SC pulley above, it is a bit more aggressive than a 185 pulley, but not as much as a code3 stacked with a 178mm. I don't know what to ask for this, so $$ make offer $$

I can send pics to anyone interested. I can accept PP, WU or Money Orders.

email: bullishness@gmail.com

-D

Last edited by Forza1; 03-30-2009 at 10:52 PM. Reason: Pics
Old 03-30-2009, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Forza1
Up for sale is a complete ASP 178 Pulley Kit. I bought this in January from Punisher over on MBWorld. He said he ran it on his C32 for ~10-12k miles and pulled it off because he was selling his car. I bought SRT240s 185 pulley kit, so I no longer need this. I never installed it, and it comes with all 3 pulleys, and I can throw in the $50 Crank Pulley tool too if you need it. It makes swapping the pulley an easy 30 min under the hood job instead of pulling the under panels and lodging things into the flywheel. I'm just looking to get my money back out of it; $450 and shipping. CONUS only.

Also, I have an upper supercharger pulley that I had professionally machined down by a defense contractor for use with the above ASP 178 pulley. I ran all of the numbers and this pulley when combined with the pulley above is equivalent to a LET 185mm pulley. So, install the 178 pulley, run with it for a while, and if it's not enough for you or you're going to the track, swap in this pulley for some extra boost Preference give to someone who wants both, but I will separate. $650 for both, or $250 for the SC pulley.

Also, I have a 181mm LET pulley "ring" which bolts with 6 allen bolts to the LET hub. If you're running the 185mm pulley, this will bolt on in 10 minutes without removing the belt or 27mm nut. When used with the SC pulley above, it is a bit more aggressive than a 185 pulley, but not as much as a code3 stacked with a 178mm. I don't know what to ask for this, so $$ make offer $$

I can send pics to anyone interested. I can accept PP, WU or Money Orders.

email: bullishness@gmail.com

-D
can you explain this 181 ring thing and how it is advantageous to someone with a 185?

also, i thought running the 181 and s/c pulley puts the s/c over its maximum safe efficiency, which is why code came out with a certain size mid-szie s/c pulley to safely run with the 178. calculations had previously shown that the original code3 s/c pulley with 178 was unsafe for the s/c.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:02 PM

C32 AMG
Pics added. Also, I will sell the crank pulley tool and brand new crank pulley bolt separate if someone needs them.

Originally Posted by jturkel
can you explain this 181 ring thing and how it is advantageous to someone with a 185?

also, i thought running the 181 and s/c pulley puts the s/c over its maximum safe efficiency, which is why code came out with a certain size mid-szie s/c pulley to safely run with the 178. calculations had previously shown that the original code3 s/c pulley with 178 was unsafe for the s/c.

Here's how it works; the LET 185/181 kits come with 3 pulleys, Crank, Idler, and Waterpump. The LET Crank pulley is a 2 piece design where there is a "hub" that bolts to the actual crank, and then an outer "ring" which bolts to the hub. This is good because it lets you switch pulleys without screwing around with the huge crank pulley bolt. The only difference between the 185 and 181 is which ring is bolted on.

You're correct about the 181(or 178) stacked with code3 pulley putting the SC out of efficiency range. I had the above pulley custom machined to equal a 185mm pulley when used in conjunction with the 178 kit above. You can think of it as a mid-sized pulley, but not as small as the midsize code3 pulley. If you stacked this with the 181 ring, you will beat 185mm cars and not have to worry about any more adverse effects than you would with just the 185 pulley. This pulley and the 181 ring are also lighter than the 185/stock SC setup. You won't get belt slip either. I hope all of this makes sense. I can show you the numbers if you'd like as well, but it tends to confuse people...
Old 03-31-2009, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by Forza1
Pics added. Also, I will sell the crank pulley tool and brand new crank pulley bolt separate if someone needs them.

Here's how it works; the LET 185/181 kits come with 3 pulleys, Crank, Idler, and Waterpump. The LET Crank pulley is a 2 piece design where there is a "hub" that bolts to the actual crank, and then an outer "ring" which bolts to the hub. This is good because it lets you switch pulleys without screwing around with the huge crank pulley bolt. The only difference between the 185 and 181 is which ring is bolted on.

You're correct about the 181(or 178) stacked with code3 pulley putting the SC out of efficiency range. I had the above pulley custom machined to equal a 185mm pulley when used in conjunction with the 178 kit above. You can think of it as a mid-sized pulley, but not as small as the midsize code3 pulley. If you stacked this with the 181 ring, you will beat 185mm cars and not have to worry about any more adverse effects than you would with just the 185 pulley. This pulley and the 181 ring are also lighter than the 185/stock SC setup. You won't get belt slip either. I hope all of this makes sense. I can show you the numbers if you'd like as well, but it tends to confuse people...
beat 185 cars? so i'm guessing either the 181 ring and machined s/c pulley either make more boost than the 185 or produce less heat than in order for that to work?
Old 04-06-2009, 07:14 PM

C32 AMG
Everything SOLD except for 181 pulley ring. Make offers.