Engine and Performance The archived forum for performance parts for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: PTE/VRP camshafts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 08:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL55 AMG
bump...

also Kleeman or any other cams (even SLR cams) do not make the power the PTE cams do, but I don't think they are as aggressive...the PTE cams make gobs of power the others are mild in comparison from what I've been told ...
Old 03-11-2011, 01:54 PM

2003 SL55, 1999 Lexus LS400
Originally Posted by Sunir
my car dynoed at 509.2 hp and 589.6 tq at the rear wheels on Jerermy's dyno in his shop at OEtuning in Van Nuys, Ca...very nice new shop by the way
What other mods do you have and what was your dyno before the cams?

How long/how much would it cost to install these?

Thanks.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:04 PM
Banned

BENZ 550
Originally Posted by ProjectC55
What makes you say that ,plus these r for a totally different motor. By the way have you raced a W208 CLK55 ,they r faster than a W209 stck vs stock due to weight. My car is even lighter than both of those. Put these cams in either of these cars and you'll eat your words. These cams are not a down grade for an M113 motor.
Do you know how many cams your car uses? You need four of them while we only need two.

By the way Kleemann sells cams 4 your car.
never said they are bad just not for my car.
yeah i saw that kleemann has em deciding if i wanna get em.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by Broker
What other mods do you have and what was your dyno before the cams?

How long/how much would it cost to install these?

Thanks.
Dunno did not have it dynoed prior, but the car ran 12.0 at 115 mph with a basic off the shelf tune and on street tires. Supporting mods were headers, TB, pulley and tune ...the cams made a big difference in my opinion but I had more power than I needed so I am willing to give up a bit of power for a smoother less aggressive car than an all out beast lol ... in case I share the car with a sig other down the road etc...

installation is farily simple, swap out factory and put these in, my tech at home did a cam swap in my garage with his tools in right around just under 3 hrs.

hope this helps, have a great weekend
Old 03-14-2011, 05:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
bump...

I realize that some folks are selling these cams for much less than what they are worth and what I (or they) have into them, these cams retail for $2800 and selling them at $1500 or so only hurts the folks that are trying to sell them at a fair price to recoup some of their cost, even at $2200 I still would not recoup my cost...and my cams are basically new, or in near new condition. As far as fire sales go I think they only hurt the market, it's sort of like a few people flipping houses for pennies on the dollar in a nice neighborhood when the rest of the sellers go to market their property values have taken a hit when they are ALREADY upside down on their mortgage and just want to recoup as much of their fair market value back in the re-sale. This is a very negative practice, Pat and I discussed this over the weekend in fact.

In addition I caution any buyers looking for the cheapest price out there, people sell for a number of reasons, just like when buying a car if you for the lowest price sometimes it can cost more in the longrun and more often then not like they saying goes "if it's too good to be true then it more than likely is just that"...

All this said, I realize that I have been serverly undercut and as a result I am willing to negotiate on the pricing a bit...however please understand that I am not ebay, I want to be fair for both parties and Pat is supporting the sale of these cams because he knows that I am a reputable seller and he wants to help me offer these cams at a good value to the buyer. My cams are still for sale and although I am motivated to sell I can't just give them away like others, that's just not fair considering what I have into these cams, the fact that regardless I will not be getting my whole amount invested back so I am trying to recoup some of my money, Pat's willingness to help and his support to the new buyer, and lastly the fact that my cams are practically still new and barely used.

I appreciate your consideration and understanding and look forward to hearing from you and working out a deal where we can both walk away satisfied,

Sunir
Old 03-16-2011, 03:37 PM

CLK63 BS
Do the PTE cams fit the M113 E50? 500 motor
Old 03-16-2011, 03:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by fatmike
You will have to ask Pat (PTE). he is the maker of these, perhaps he will chyme in...
Old 03-17-2011, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
CLS63 PP
bump...

I realize that some folks are selling these cams for much less than what they are worth and what I (or they) have into them, these cams retail for $2800 and selling them at $1500 or so only hurts the folks that are trying to sell them at a fair price to recoup some of their cost, even at $2200 I still would not recoup my cost...and my cams are basically new, or in near new condition. As far as fire sales go I think they only hurt the market, it's sort of like a few people flipping houses for pennies on the dollar in a nice neighborhood when the rest of the sellers go to market their property values have taken a hit when they are ALREADY upside down on their mortgage and just want to recoup as much of their fair market value back in the re-sale. This is a very negative practice, Pat and I discussed this over the weekend in fact.

In addition I caution any buyers looking for the cheapest price out there, people sell for a number of reasons, just like when buying a car if you for the lowest price sometimes it can cost more in the longrun and more often then not like they saying goes "if it's too good to be true then it more than likely is just that"...

All this said, I realize that I have been serverly undercut and as a result I am willing to negotiate on the pricing a bit...however please understand that I am not ebay, I want to be fair for both parties and Pat is supporting the sale of these cams because he knows that I am a reputable seller and he wants to help me offer these cams at a good value to the buyer. My cams are still for sale and although I am motivated to sell I can't just give them away like others, that's just not fair considering what I have into these cams, the fact that regardless I will not be getting my whole amount invested back so I am trying to recoup some of my money, Pat's willingness to help and his support to the new buyer, and lastly the fact that my cams are practically still new and barely used.

I appreciate your consideration and understanding and look forward to hearing from you and working out a deal where we can both walk away satisfied,

Sunir
As someone who has spent a considerable amount of money into his car, I appreciate the sentiment of this post, but when it comes to modding a car all bets are off on recouping your investment. A car is a depreciating asset, and used performance parts are even worse. You would be lucky to see 50-60% on the dollar for a used part, whatever it is.

We are not talking about famous artwork of some collectable here. These are steel shafts with lumps which only the most extreme of us would be willing to install.

If your SL55 is likely worth less than 50% of what you bought it for, why do you think parts you install on it should be any different.

Bottom line the market determines what these are worth. If you think that $2200 is a good price for these, and nobody has bought them, then others don't seem to agree.

That said good luck with the sale. FWIW at the right price I might have been tempted to give these a go...
Old 03-17-2011, 12:34 PM

2003 SL55, 1999 Lexus LS400
Originally Posted by KLR CLS
As someone who has spent a considerable amount of money into his car, I appreciate the sentiment of this post, but when it comes to modding a car all bets are off on recouping your investment. A car is a depreciating asset, and used performance parts are even worse. You would be lucky to see 50-60% on the dollar for a used part, whatever it is.

We are not talking about famous artwork of some collectable here. These are steel shafts with lumps which only the most extreme of us would be willing to install.

If your SL55 is likely worth less than 50% of what you bought it for, why do you think parts you install on it should be any different.

Bottom line the market determines what these are worth. If you think that $2200 is a good price for these, and nobody has bought them, then others don't seem to agree.

That said good luck with the sale. FWIW at the right price I might have been tempted to give these a go...

+1

Honestly, even though I'm not really interested in buying the cams, if I were to want some cams like these, I'd probably buy new (based on the small price difference in new-used cams). And I'd assume that many other people would feel the same way.

I'm starting to mod my car, and while I may get some (definitely less than 50%) of the value of the mods back if I sell them separately from the car, I am purchasing these upgrades expecting to not get anything back on my investment, other than the enjoyment I may get while driving it. And if I sell the car with the mods attached, I won't expect to get any additional price for the car, the most I could ask for is that it'll sell faster or make someone chose my car over another.

Last edited by Broker; 03-17-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C43/55,2k11 Volvo S60 T6AWD,2k Audi B5 S4,95 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD 500+awhp
Originally Posted by fatmike
5.0L M113 motor can use these cams but you will have to upgrade the valve springs with the AMG M113 5.5L valve springs.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:12 AM

SL55 misha widebody, C63, Bmw M6 ...Ferrari 360-RIP
interested i love lopy idles, sounds sick !
Old 03-22-2011, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
bump...I am negotiable on price seeing as how the market has dictated the playing field and several "quick" sellers have tanked the relative valuation of these cams

if anyone is interested please contact me at sunirghosal@hotmail.com

thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 06:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
996tt
Originally Posted by AMGfan
Here is a clip awhile back...hope this helps.

http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/e...t=MAH00002.mp4

Mate that Sl65 sounds incredible

In Jeremy Clarksons words 'Sounds like God having really unusual sex.....oh there, he just finished'.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:37 PM

04 Crossfire MB 5.0L M113 V8 6spd, 05 Bagged SRT6w/55K AMG V8 ,2016 C300 Sport
bump...I am negotiable on price seeing as how the market has dictated the playing field and several "quick" sellers have tanked the relative valuation of these cams

if anyone is interested please contact me at sunirghosal@hotmail.com

thanks
Sent you an email.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
Originally Posted by silverjimm
Sent you an email.
Just replied back to you bud
Old 05-11-2011, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55 AMG
camshafts are sold...for those of you who were lowballers these do sell for fair market value...for the unscrupulous sellers who were undercutting these by giveing them away at rediculous prices...ya shoulda held out...

in the end I got my price, and it was a fair deal for both parties.