Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Malfunction Warning Light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-26-2023, 07:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EQA250Premium
Exclamation Malfunction Warning Light

I brought my one year old ex demonstrator from a main dealer in January 2023. I am now aware the model has had at least three Recalls and Technical Service Bulletins - including problems with the bolts on the brake callipers!!

On 25 July 2023 I drove the car for a short local journey and then parked and locked My EQA Premium. 2 Hours later - unlocked the car and was unable to drive - 2 warning messages and one instruction appeared in sequence in the binnacle - RED Battery Malfunction, RED Unable to Tow refer to handbook - TEXT Apply brake to shift from P.

Turning the car off and on again resulted in the same. Turning off and locking the car resulted in the same. After some hectic research on line by my wife we found two sources of helpful information - Facebook Group Mercedes EQA - (nearly 5000 members) and Mbeqclub.com.

The solution was to turn off the car and walk away far enough so that key less access was not triggered and wait 10 minutes. - It worked. All. the threads say the same thing - Dealerships claim not to be aware of the problem (REALLY!) and even more worrying appear unable to stop the issue from reoccurring!

As I am now in the process of rejecting the vehicle under UK consumer law but would like to hear from anyone who has any information on other recalls or experienced the same issue with Battery Malfunction warnings.

The following users liked this post:
gallacpt (07-06-2024)
Old 11-10-2023, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQA250+
Me too

Hello, this exact same thing happened to me today (Nov 10th 2023). We fortunatelyhave another car that we have used but the Merc is sitting on the drive. I have had the car two months. Interested to hear your progress returning the vehicle.
regards
Rik

Originally Posted by philipot
I brought my one year old ex demonstrator from a main dealer in January 2023. I am now aware the model has had at least three Recalls and Technical Service Bulletins - including problems with the bolts on the brake callipers!!

On 25 July 2023 I drove the car for a short local journey and then parked and locked My EQA Premium. 2 Hours later - unlocked the car and was unable to drive - 2 warning messages and one instruction appeared in sequence in the binnacle - RED Battery Malfunction, RED Unable to Tow refer to handbook - TEXT Apply brake to shift from P.

Turning the car off and on again resulted in the same. Turning off and locking the car resulted in the same. After some hectic research on line by my wife we found two sources of helpful information - Facebook Group Mercedes EQA - (nearly 5000 members) and Mbeqclub.com.

The solution was to turn off the car and walk away far enough so that key less access was not triggered and wait 10 minutes. - It worked. All. the threads say the same thing - Dealerships claim not to be aware of the problem (REALLY!) and even more worrying appear unable to stop the issue from reoccurring!

As I am now in the process of rejecting the vehicle under UK consumer law but would like to hear from anyone who has any information on other recalls or experienced the same issue with Battery Malfunction warnings.
Old 11-10-2023, 10:14 AM

EQA250Premium
Update

Mercedes have insisted they are give the chance to rectify the problem! The car is in next week for 3 days - we will see!!

It had its annual service two weeks ago and there was yet another “service update” nice phrase for recall to so with the high tension cable.

this is not my 1st electric car but on current form will be my last Merc!
Old 11-10-2023, 11:07 AM

EQA250+
Oh wow, 3 days! Good luck with that. If I am getting no joy then it will be a case of waiting 18 months to when 50% of value is paid. This is the earliest you can hand back the car. Agree, after 4 Mercedes it will be my last.
Old 11-10-2023, 12:07 PM

EQA250Premium
EQA battery malfunctions

Rik
check your consumer rights depending on the age if you car you don't have to wait to pay 50% to reject and demand your money back!
Old 11-11-2023, 03:04 AM

EQA250+
Rik
check your consumer rights depending on the age if you car you don't have to wait to pay 50% to reject and demand your money back!
Hi again. I will. We called the Mercedes rescue AKA the RAC and they confirmed that they have no mercedes-trained personnel in the county and they had no available people at all for the whole evening! Good job I broke down at home then! They are sending someone on Monday and I expect the car to be taken to the dealer.
Old 02-03-2024, 08:31 AM

EQA250Premium
Update please

Hi Rik - sorry to bother you but my dealership has had my car over 12 weeks and cannot replicate the problem but admit there is a fault in the memory ( just cannot identify the issue!) -
Meanwhile MB are stalling on my rejection and ise the phrase complaint!

sid you get your car sorted and sis they tell you the problem? If they dis could you tell me the dealership please? Any information would be much appreciated
cheers
phil
QUOTE=RikThwaites;8874903]Hi again. I will. We called the Mercedes rescue AKA the RAC and they confirmed that they have no mercedes-trained personnel in the county and they had no available people at all for the whole evening! Good job I broke down at home then! They are sending someone on Monday and I expect the car to be taken to the dealer.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-13-2024, 04:45 PM

Nissan
Trust the Experts – A1 Auto Transport Leads the Way in Vehicle Shipping!

When it comes to shipping your vehicle, trust the experts at A1 Auto Transport! With years of experience, they know how to get the job done right.
Old 07-06-2024, 09:51 AM

Eqa

ok , I’ve got a 2021 EQA 250 had it 3 years , just done the recall for power steering and now I get this red malfunction warning on the dash .

Did we ever get a solution other than the 10 minutes walk away . What do you do if it happens and you are on the motorwa

This is the fault
y