EQB Orders Possible or freeze

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2023, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mini
Originally Posted by cadetdrivr
Seems odd, IMHO, considering the hardware similarity between the 300 and 350. One would think that MB would be prioritizing 350s for fatter margins.

That said, Fletcher Jones is the largest MB dealer in the country. If they can’t get allocations, or even a straight story, nobody can. Or the cynic inside me would wonder if they have “sold” more EQBs than they should have and have created their own backlog?

Of course, we have also heard that certain options and features are constrained. Select an option that’s in short supply and I could see an order stuck in limbo.
Thank you. It's really frustrating. The dealer indicated that the 300s might be more readily available. I'm on the fence about the 300s as the speed/acceleration seemed a bit on the sluggish side. Anyone have experience to validate/dispel this?
Old 01-31-2023, 07:05 PM

Received 319 Likes on 248 Posts
2023 EQB 350 & 2014 GL350
Exclamation 300 vs 350

Originally Posted by DKBassman
Thank you. It's really frustrating. The dealer indicated that the 300s might be more readily available. I'm on the fence about the 300s as the speed/acceleration seemed a bit on the sluggish side. Anyone have experience to validate/dispel this?
I’ve only driven the 300, and the power seemed fine to me for compact SUV that’s designed for families in the city or suburbs. Yes, it doesn’t have the 0-60 times of some other EVs on paper, but it puts the majority of vehicles on the road to shame with instant torque. Like all EVs, it’s much faster and livable in the real world than than ICE powered vehicles with the same specs.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2...-drive-review/

We ordered our 350 long before we realized the actual differences and would be happy with 300 if we had to do it again.
The following 2 users liked this post by cadetdrivr:
DKBassman (02-01-2023), dvenneman (01-31-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 08:43 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
E350 4matic Wagon
300 or 350

Originally Posted by DKBassman
I put a deposit it with the dealer (Fletcher Jones So Cal) for the '23 EQB 350. Waited several weeks and was told that the order was still in the order bank and still has not been released. The dealer hasn't heard back from the factory and suspects that the factories are prioritizing the 250s and 300s, and could delay the 350s. Anyone have insights on this?
I’ve only driven the 300, and the power seemed fine to me for compact SUV that’s designed for families in the city or suburbs. Yes, it doesn’t have the 0-60 times of some other EVs on paper, but it puts the majority of vehicles on the road to shame with instant torque. Like all EVs, it’s much faster and livable in the real world than than ICE powered vehicles with the same specs.

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2...-drive-review/

We ordered our 350 long before we realized the actual differences and would be happy with 300 if we had to do it again.
the main distinction I think is the range with the edge on range going to the 300. You’ll pay less for it too

that said. I don’t think the issue is prioritizing 250, 300, or 350. I think the issue just how many they can produce and the margins and push on the EQS, EQE.

I’ve said it before in another thread - I don’t think the EQB is going to be mass produced. At least not as long as the rare metals such as lithium and magnesium will be constrained.

I would tell the dealer you are willing to take any allocation they can commit to you. And, take the lessons from this forum and if you really want a third row, look to another mfg.

all of us want electric seats so Mercedes won’t keep screwing that up for 2023 and beyond.

my dealer is out of allocations for 2023.

you can research the issue of rare earth metals and shortages on the Congressional Research Service.
The following users liked this post:
DKBassman (02-01-2023)
Old 02-02-2023, 05:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 SLC300, 2022 Mini Cooper SE, 2023 EQB on order.
Originally Posted by 1sttimeowner?
When the dealer tells you that they have it, ask them to send you a picture of the sticker on it BEFORE you show up to buy. Then I highly recommend you go through the sticker to make sure it's matching up with everything you ordered, has all the parts of the packages that you ordered, and that the standard features that you're naturally expecting are there as well. My loaded EQB arrived about 3 weeks ago without heated seats and with a few options I didn’t want but was expected to pay for. We walked away, but agreed to purchase the vehicle after they promised to put in after-market heated seats for us and waive the price of the 2 upgraded features. Then, as I drove it home, I realized that the $1700 Driver’s assistance package that was listed on the sticker, was NOT on the car. Not a single feature in that package. Total deal breaker. To not have adaptive cruise control?

Once you arrive at the dealership I would also do an inspection of each deal-breaker feature on the car itself and have them prove to you it’s on there before you sign. Negotiate money back for any missing feature that’s not a deal breaker, because if you realize something’s missing after you paid, it’s much harder to get money back from dealers at that point.

They just sent me the replacement car’s spec sheet. I had to comb through the spec sheet myself, again, to realize that it does have the Driver’s assistance package but only 5 out of 10 features (But still with the $1300 cost currently listed as price on
mbusa.com for 10 features), and also to see that the Burmester surround sound stereo was removed with no notice or no financial compensation. Ventilated seats are no longer available either. Standard features like Blind Spot Assist, Active Brake Assist, or Multi Color Ambient Lighting are also not there.

Good luck. It’s really screwed up right now.
Got just word from my dealer that my potential EQB350 has been made and released to port. However they deleted an option on us. So no heated or ventilated seat. Also Blind Spot Assist is gone even though Active Late Assist is supposedly there. You would think that would require blind spot assist.

Might cancel the whole order. There are other EQB models sitting on lots with heated seats. I haven't had a car without heated seats in over 20 years because of where I live.
Old 02-02-2023, 07:43 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
E350 4matic Wagon
Wait until it’s delivered

Originally Posted by ljkelley
Got just word from my dealer that my potential EQB350 has been made and released to port. However they deleted an option on us. So no heated or ventilated seat. Also Blind Spot Assist is gone even though Active Late Assist is supposedly there. You would think that would require blind spot assist.

Might cancel the whole order. There are other EQB models sitting on lots with heated seats. I haven't had a car without heated seats in over 20 years because of where I live.
Everyone’s input and my dealer’s is enough to suggest that what is in the computer is not reliable. In your case, I think the most likely thing is that they deleted the ventilated seat, but because your selected option is “heated/ventilated seat” it shows as deleted. My dealer told me he was not able to order the ventilated seat back in August.

but I do agree that if your car came without a heated seat there is NO WAY most of us car DIVAS are going through with the deal - at any price. My 2011 BMW runs like a top with amazing heated seats and steering wheel.

I don’t need an EQB. I want it. It’s a first world problem and I could drive a 2006 Ford Ranger stick shift and be happy
Old 02-02-2023, 08:29 PM

Also Blind Spot Assist is gone even though Active Late Assist is supposedly there.
Yes that is odd. So what makes you say that?

Is there is a specific order code and associated credit on the data card for missing equipment?
Old 02-14-2023, 07:05 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
EQB300
I ordered early September 2022, had my 2023 EQB 300 on Dec 31. There were problems with it so the dealership is ordering me a new one, they said I should have it in 90 days, it's supposed to be going into production Feb 24...
Old 02-14-2023, 07:17 PM

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
GLK350

I ordered a 2023 GLB with ventilated/heated seat but ventilated got deleted. Also I will bet that the blind spot assist is there but nOt the lane keeping. That is how my unit was built.
Old 02-14-2023, 07:56 PM

EQB300
Yeah it looks like you're missing 6 out of the 10 features listed in the Driver's Assistance Lite packing on mbusa.com. The ones you are missing are:
Active Steering Assist
Evasive steer Assist,

Active brake assist with cross traffic function,
Active emergency stop assist, ​​​​​​​
Active lane keeping Assist, ​​​​​​​
Active Blindspot assist.

Mine was just ordered and I'm getting 5 out of 10 (including Active Steering assist). Maybe ask them to try again and see if you can at least get to 5/10. This seems to be how they are building them now, chip shortage I guess. But I would still ask for compensation, like money back you paid for the package. They should tell you when you're ordering these things, it's frustrating.
Old 02-14-2023, 09:14 PM

Yeah it looks like you're missing 6 out of the 10 features listed in the Driver's Assistance Lite packing on mbusa.com. The ones you are missing are:
Active Steering Assist
Evasive steer Assist,

Active brake assist with cross traffic function,
Active emergency stop assist,
Active lane keeping Assist, ​​​​​​​
Active Blindspot assist.

Mine was just ordered and I'm getting 5 out of 10 (including Active Steering assist). Maybe ask them to try again and see if you can at least get to 5/10. This seems to be how they are building them now, chip shortage I guess. But I would still ask for compensation, like money back you paid for the package. They should tell you when you're ordering these things, it's frustrating.
IMHO, your conclusions are incorrect and much the fault belongs to MBUSA.

There are serious inconsistencies between the Mercedes press materials, dealer order Guide, Data Cards, and MSRP stickers that has rightfully caused lots of confusion and misunderstandings. And much of it has to do with the way MB groups the options together. For example, one might notice that a car does not have 'Active Stop Assist' delineated but in reality that's a sub-function of Active Steer Assist so it does not receive it's own order code. In the case of our EQB that we picked up yesterday, Active Steer Assist was missing on several of the interim data cards (including the original order) but was listed on both the final data card and the MSRP sticker. So it was not until later in the delivery process that the order matched the data card.

In fact, one would think that all the items you listed above as "missing" would also be missing from our car when in fact, they are all present and accounted for.

So I would suggest that folks take a deep breath and look for credits due to missing equipment rather than being led astray by MB's inconsistencies and poor documentation.

​​​​​​​Just my $0.02
Old 02-14-2023, 09:43 PM

As an example to my above comment, compare our most recent data card (dated 01-28-23) with the final MSRP sticker in reference to the Driver Assistance Package.

MSRP sticker from EQB delivered 02-13-23

Data Card dated 01-28-23
Old 02-15-2023, 12:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 474 Likes on 351 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
I believe the only thing the "Lite" part of the drivers assistance packake is msising is the pre safe stuff, such as tightening seatbelt and audible tone altering noises if the car detects an imminent crash. I may be wrong though.
Old 02-16-2023, 12:25 AM

EQB300
IMHO, your conclusions are incorrect and much the fault belongs to MBUSA.

There are serious inconsistencies between the Mercedes press materials, dealer order Guide, Data Cards, and MSRP stickers that has rightfully caused lots of confusion and misunderstandings.
I appreciate your thoughts and I really hope you are right. And your sentence about the inconsistencies is exactly what I've found and been very frustrated with. But respectfully, I don't know that my conclusions are incorrect and honestly, neither do you. Of course, when I said it’s “missing” those features, I mean the data card is missing those features. It could be that the car itself will not be missing them, and that would be wonderful news if so, just different from my own experience. And it's very encouraging for me to see in your next posted comment that you got your car and it had the entire driver’s assistance lite package on the vehicle even though it wasn't documented that way prior to receiving your vehicle. That gives me hope. I am only speaking from my own experience, which has been pretty different than yours, and that’s why I’m trying to urge people to be aware of what’s missing from their spec sheet/data cards and make sure what they expect is actually on their vehicle when they get it. Which I think is very sensible considering my experience and which it sounds like you think might be an overreaction considering your experience.

I just talked today to someone at Mercedes USA HQ who assured me that the chip shortage is the reason why my replacement car’s spec sheet is correct that it would only have 5/10 features of the Drivers Assistance package and that that situation was forecasted to last throughout the entire year's run of 2023 EQBs. When I asked—‘If that is known information then why on earth is the website still listing all 10 features as available for $1,300, and why I wouldn't be credited on the spec sheet for the missing 5 features?’—she didn't know. When I pointed out all of the other inconsistencies on mbusa.com to her, and on the spec sheets I’ve gotten from the dealership, she asked for time to do some digging and get back to me. Hopefully, this means that 10 features are available, and it's just their spec sheets that are off, like they were for you.

I’ve never bought a Mercedes prior to this EQB, and I have no insider knowledge. I do think people should be warned that they need to be careful when their EQBs actually arrive, because if they pay and drive away they may have very little recourse with most dealers if they discover too late that their cars are not equipped as ordered. I will detail my own experience with receiving the EQB I ordered, if anyone cares why I am urging strangers to triple check their EQBs. TLDR; my EQB came missing all 10 driving assistance features I paid for, even though that package was listed on the final data card and official Monroney sticker as if the car actually had it. Spoiler alert: it did not.

I ordered an EQB in September and received it in December. It had this line item listed on the final data card and on my vehicle's sticker: DA2 Driver Assistance Package $1,700 (with no sub-items listed individually from that package anywhere on my 3-paged final data card or vehicle window sticker). I did order and pay for this package.

NOT ONE FEATURE OF THAT PACKAGE EXISTED ON MY ACTUAL EQB. The dealer contacted Mercedes about it and they eventually figured out it was an error that Mercedes made. Apparently, 4 other cars went out that way. (I don't know if the other 4 owners are aware or have been compensated. I hope so). There was no information on the vehicle's window sticker or final data card listing the removal of the package or package items or any credits for the missing things. Instead, it showed that my EQB had that package.

The dealer also had made a few mistakes on the order that I failed to catch beforehand (not thinking I had to go through every item on a 3-paged single-spaced list to make sure he had my order right since the order process was documented via email). I had ordered heated/ventilated seats but didn't get either, and didn't order any upgraded trim or wheels but got both. The dealership waved the price of the upgrades and promised to pay for quality after-market seat heaters installed in the vehicle. I decided to return to the dealership and make the purchase. As I drove home with my brand new car I started to have the sinking realization that my car was not equipped with adaptive cruise control (Mercedes calls this Active Distance Assist Distronic). While driving, I checked as many of the features of the package as I could safely, and none of them were equipped. My car also did not have any menu items to turn these features on or adjust the settings of those features. My car also did not have the correct steering wheel buttons that accompany those features. It turns out my car didn't have the package at all.

After negotiating, Mercedes via the dealer offered to order me a new vehicle with the $1,300 DF5 Drivers Assistance Lite package and I would return this EQB to them when the new car came. I was sent a spec sheet of that order which only listed 5/10 features of the package. When I asked my dealer, he said I wouldn't have the 5 missing items because of the chip shortage. It also listed the Pinnacle package again, but this time did not list the Burmester Stereo Surround System. (On the EQB I bought in December it did list the Burmester on the spec sheet and it did come with the stereo system). So, I asked the dealer about this and he got back to me after he said he talked to his contact at Mercedes and he told me "it got pulled." No explanation of what that means has been forthcoming despite several emails.

Possibly, or even probably, my dealer is not telling me the truth about asking Mercedes about these missing line items, or the answers he got from them. But because of all of Mercedes' very serious errors, inconsistencies, and false information on the website about this vehicle's available options and my terrible experience so far, I have lost trust any trust or respect for their process.

Hopefully, my experience is a one-time fluke (or 4 time fluke I suppose technically) and when we get this replacement car sorted it will have all the features I’ve ordered and paid for and I can go on with my life and never think about this again and won't feel the need to warn strangers to make sure their cars are as ordered. That would be really great. I’ll post either way.

cadetdrivr (02-16-2023)
Old 02-27-2023, 07:21 PM

EQB300
I think it depends on the dealer. I ordered mine in early September 2022 and picked it up from the dealer Dec 31 2022.

I just agreed to a replacement vehicle on Feb 23, their next build allocation is March 15, dealer says probably 45 days after that my new EQB will be ready to be picked up.

I am in Michigan. It was at MSRP.
Old 02-28-2023, 10:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
MB EQB250
In Hong Kong, it takes about 6 months to arrive
I ordered my car end of January and arrives in July.
In Hong Kong, we can not add any options like you guys.
This is a list and the price of the car I ordered. The price is in HKD

Old 03-01-2023, 09:28 AM

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
GLK350
I appreciate your thoughts and I really hope you are right. And your sentence about the inconsistencies is exactly what I've found and been very frustrated with. But respectfully, I don't know that my conclusions are incorrect and honestly, neither do you. Of course, when I said it’s “missing” those features, I mean the data card is missing those features. It could be that the car itself will not be missing them, and that would be wonderful news if so, just different from my own experience. And it's very encouraging for me to see in your next posted comment that you got your car and it had the entire driver’s assistance lite package on the vehicle even though it wasn't documented that way prior to receiving your vehicle. That gives me hope. I am only speaking from my own experience, which has been pretty different than yours, and that’s why I’m trying to urge people to be aware of what’s missing from their spec sheet/data cards and make sure what they expect is actually on their vehicle when they get it. Which I think is very sensible considering my experience and which it sounds like you think might be an overreaction considering your experience.

I just talked today to someone at Mercedes USA HQ who assured me that the chip shortage is the reason why my replacement car’s spec sheet is correct that it would only have 5/10 features of the Drivers Assistance package and that that situation was forecasted to last throughout the entire year's run of 2023 EQBs. When I asked—‘If that is known information then why on earth is the website still listing all 10 features as available for $1,300, and why I wouldn't be credited on the spec sheet for the missing 5 features?’—she didn't know. When I pointed out all of the other inconsistencies on mbusa.com to her, and on the spec sheets I’ve gotten from the dealership, she asked for time to do some digging and get back to me. Hopefully, this means that 10 features are available, and it's just their spec sheets that are off, like they were for you.

I’ve never bought a Mercedes prior to this EQB, and I have no insider knowledge. I do think people should be warned that they need to be careful when their EQBs actually arrive, because if they pay and drive away they may have very little recourse with most dealers if they discover too late that their cars are not equipped as ordered. I will detail my own experience with receiving the EQB I ordered, if anyone cares why I am urging strangers to triple check their EQBs. TLDR; my EQB came missing all 10 driving assistance features I paid for, even though that package was listed on the final data card and official Monroney sticker as if the car actually had it. Spoiler alert: it did not.

I ordered an EQB in September and received it in December. It had this line item listed on the final data card and on my vehicle's sticker: DA2 Driver Assistance Package $1,700 (with no sub-items listed individually from that package anywhere on my 3-paged final data card or vehicle window sticker). I did order and pay for this package.

NOT ONE FEATURE OF THAT PACKAGE EXISTED ON MY ACTUAL EQB. The dealer contacted Mercedes about it and they eventually figured out it was an error that Mercedes made. Apparently, 4 other cars went out that way. (I don't know if the other 4 owners are aware or have been compensated. I hope so). There was no information on the vehicle's window sticker or final data card listing the removal of the package or package items or any credits for the missing things. Instead, it showed that my EQB had that package.

The dealer also had made a few mistakes on the order that I failed to catch beforehand (not thinking I had to go through every item on a 3-paged single-spaced list to make sure he had my order right since the order process was documented via email). I had ordered heated/ventilated seats but didn't get either, and didn't order any upgraded trim or wheels but got both. The dealership waved the price of the upgrades and promised to pay for quality after-market seat heaters installed in the vehicle. I decided to return to the dealership and make the purchase. As I drove home with my brand new car I started to have the sinking realization that my car was not equipped with adaptive cruise control (Mercedes calls this Active Distance Assist Distronic). While driving, I checked as many of the features of the package as I could safely, and none of them were equipped. My car also did not have any menu items to turn these features on or adjust the settings of those features. My car also did not have the correct steering wheel buttons that accompany those features. It turns out my car didn't have the package at all.

After negotiating, Mercedes via the dealer offered to order me a new vehicle with the $1,300 DF5 Drivers Assistance Lite package and I would return this EQB to them when the new car came. I was sent a spec sheet of that order which only listed 5/10 features of the package. When I asked my dealer, he said I wouldn't have the 5 missing items because of the chip shortage. It also listed the Pinnacle package again, but this time did not list the Burmester Stereo Surround System. (On the EQB I bought in December it did list the Burmester on the spec sheet and it did come with the stereo system). So, I asked the dealer about this and he got back to me after he said he talked to his contact at Mercedes and he told me "it got pulled." No explanation of what that means has been forthcoming despite several emails.

Possibly, or even probably, my dealer is not telling me the truth about asking Mercedes about these missing line items, or the answers he got from them. But because of all of Mercedes' very serious errors, inconsistencies, and false information on the website about this vehicle's available options and my terrible experience so far, I have lost trust any trust or respect for their process.

Hopefully, my experience is a one-time fluke (or 4 time fluke I suppose technically) and when we get this replacement car sorted it will have all the features I’ve ordered and paid for and I can go on with my life and never think about this again and won't feel the need to warn strangers to make sure their cars are as ordered. That would be really great. I’ll post either way.
I had ordered a 2023 GLB and had issues with the content. Some items came and went depending on part availability. After it was built it stayed at the plant for 2 months awaiting some part. In the end I got all the content (minus vent. seats and adj. suspension). It took 6 months from order to delivery here in the USA.
Old 03-01-2023, 10:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EQB 350
I ordered my EQB in June 2022 from Mercedes-Benz Denver. I played hardball and got it in writing for MSRP + 0, which was a good deal then. In exchange I put down $5k, which turned out to be great in retrospect given that I'll be eligible for a credit next year via the IRA's Transition Rule.

They messed up my build initially but got it fixed, and I just verified that Driver Assistance Lite, heated seats, and the Burmester are all listed on the build sheet. When they fixed the build sheet apparently my build date also moved to be earlier! Was 4/18. Now 3/21.
Old 05-06-2023, 06:56 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2023 EQB 300
Originally Posted by plan4peace
I ordered last March, car was built in October and was delivered to the dealership last week. Unfortunately it did not come with the third row which was definitely on our order. That was the main attraction to the EQB for us because we have young kids and a smallish garage. So we refused the vehicle. Dealer put in another order for us that is supposed to go into production next month. But with the updated IRS guidance stating the grandfather provision expired in December for the $7,500 federal credit, plus the loss of a $4,000 Illinois state rebate as of last week because they have more applications than funds, and not to mention the precipitous decline in used car values (hits us on trade-in)... I may walk away from this. This vehicle is now easily $15,000 more expensive than when we ordered.
Following up on this, we recently took delivery of the second build with all features, including the 3rd row. Received 2k in MB incentives including the $500 incentive and $1500 for having another EV. Should still get the $7500 federal tax credit and I'm optimistic on the $4000 Illinois rebate, so all of this yields 13.5k in total incentives, a very good value. Very pleased with the vehicle so far. Sorry, it's wife car and she doesn't want me to post pictures. Dealer told me EQB ordering issues appear to be clearing up. Apparently it's the EQS SUVs that are all still arriving without 3rd rows. Good luck everyone.

Last edited by plan4peace; 05-06-2023 at 06:59 PM.
cadetdrivr (05-06-2023)
Old 05-07-2023, 05:01 AM

MB EQB250
Angry

Originally Posted by plan4peace
Following up on this, we recently took delivery of the second build with all features, including the 3rd row. Received 2k in MB incentives including the $500 incentive and $1500 for having another EV. Should still get the $7500 federal tax credit and I'm optimistic on the $4000 Illinois rebate, so all of this yields 13.5k in total incentives, a very good value. Very pleased with the vehicle so far. Sorry, it's wife car and she doesn't want me to post pictures. Dealer told me EQB ordering issues appear to be clearing up. Apparently it's the EQS SUVs that are all still arriving without 3rd rows. Good luck everyone.
Sorry to hear this, sounds like a dealer scam to not sell you a car because they are losing out.
I would 100% walk away and not get from them ever and file a letter complaining to Germany's headquarters.
Old 05-08-2023, 10:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2023 EQB 300
Originally Posted by pinguhk
Sorry to hear this, sounds like a dealer scam to not sell you a car because they are losing out.
I would 100% walk away and not get from them ever and file a letter complaining to Germany's headquarters.
I don't think you understand. I'm saying we ultimately got the car with all of the features and incentives we wanted. It worked out. Happy ending.
Old 05-08-2023, 11:00 AM

MB EQB250
thats good it worked out in the end, hope my will be OK