EQB 350 Range Disappointment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2023, 02:55 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Originally Posted by Tennis Dad
Glad to see someone who drives it like it should be driven, not like an early Prius driver
Please expand and give your version of "drives it like it should be driven".
In my view, anyone driving a vehicle on a public road should do it in a safe and sensible manner, and such that all speed limits are kept to at all times.
The consumption figures I get and post in previous posts are because I anticipate the road ahead and drive in economy mode and D Auto the majority of the time and drive on the speed limit with due regard to other drivers and pedestrians.
In the UK, that means 70 mph on motorways and dual carriageways the stated national limit at all other times. I do not drive slowly, and I keep up with the traffic and never drive close to other vehicles and use regeneration to slow down the car instead of brakes.

Last edited by PeterJohn; 07-23-2023 at 07:26 AM.
Old 07-23-2023, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
Well I just want to say I always drive as mandated by the party and would never do anything to trigger legal sanctions. We all have a responsibility to be good citizens. Lets drive in a safe and secure manner, for the motherland, er, fatherland, uh no wait, homeland. Yeah that's it, the homeland.
Old 07-23-2023, 10:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2023 EQB250+; 2004 CLK320 Cabriolet
I’m a Smith System trained driver and have been driving for almost 60 years. My last speeding ticket was in the early 90s on an 8 lane freeway in California. That being said, I may be a few miles over the limit in keeping with the flow of traffic
my observation is that some drivers, on being presented with new technology in their vehicles can drive by their gauges instead of by road conditions. This was painfully obvious with the advent of the Prius where the driving technique of some was to attempt the highest possible mpg according to their dash instruments instead of paying heed to what was going on with traffic.
I suggest that “driving like you stole it” is mearly a euphemism 🙂
Old 07-23-2023, 11:45 AM

Received 319 Likes on 248 Posts
2023 EQB 350 & 2014 GL350
Originally Posted by Tennis Dad
I suggest that “driving like you stole it” is mearly a euphemism 🙂
Ha! It was. The big takeaway should be that we make zero effort to drive “eco” and this is the efficiency the EQB provides in the real world.

As an aside, my one and only speeding ticket was in 1991 so I’m pretty sure it’s aged off my record. 😀
The following users liked this post:
Tennis Dad (07-23-2023)
Old 08-11-2023, 02:41 PM

Received 133 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 EQB300
Have had my EQB300 now for 3 weeks and am pleased with range. I am driving in Eco with D-Auto Regen and only use AC when absoulte necessary. Got 290 miles on the first charge and on this second charge I am currently in the projected 290-300 mile range. This is around town with little highway driving and of course in a warm summer. Will drop for sure this winter, but pleased so far. Well pleased with car, not with EA. Garden State Plaza (Paramus NJ) EA - 2 out of 6 stations down and it has been that way several weeks. All the other 150 kwh chargers will pulling 40kw.