New 2024 EQB Premium Plus HUD Inoperable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2024, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQB 350 Premium Plus
New 2024 EQB Premium Plus HUD Inoperable

I have a 4 week old EQB 350 2024 refresh model and the HUD started playing up but now i get a constant message that the HUD is Inoperable. The car is booked to go back to Mercedes in 4 weeks fora warranty service however im interested to know if anyone else has this issue and if there was an easy fix?? Turning it off and on makes no difference either manually or verbally. Please share your insights....
Old 05-02-2024, 07:04 AM

Received 133 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 EQB300
Warning. Cynical comment to follow. Welcome to the world of EQB malfunctions. Perhaps my worst vehicle ever and it's in the hands of the lemon lawyer now.

I would not wait until the car is scheduled for service. Take it in now and document it in the event you need to take action later.

Pardon the cynicism but only the reaction of a loyal Mercedes customer totally let down by a new promising vehicle.

Old 05-03-2024, 07:12 AM

Received 342 Likes on 213 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by nsoltz
Warning. Cynical comment to follow. Welcome to the world of EQB malfunctions. Perhaps my worst vehicle ever and it's in the hands of the lemon lawyer now.

I would not wait until the car is scheduled for service. Take it in now and document it in the event you need to take action later.

Pardon the cynicism but only the reaction of a loyal Mercedes customer totally let down by a new promising vehicle.
For the op, you've probably got a software glitch that will be solved with a rewrite of some code at the dealer. For the person with the unfortunate EQB experience...sorry you have had a bad time. I've been there also with a hopelessly broken Jaguar I Pace. However, no need to scare people off with a blanket statement about how awful the EQB is. You are a sample size of one. Mine has been perfect, but I'm also a sample size of one. Experiences vary, and all new cars these days risk being a software nightmare due to the high level of complexity. BTW, our EQS at 20,000 miles has also been perfect.