EQC electric SUV New All electric SUV for 2020

Buying a spare charging cable

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 05:16 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
Buying a spare charging cable

Hi looking for some advice from an experienced owner about spare cable length and whether to go to a 3 phase cable. Seems that the car will come with a 4m type 2 to type 2 cable standard here in Europe. I think it is 3 phase so that it can be used with the 11 and 22kw chargers which do not have their own tethered cables. The fast and rapid chargers of 50kw plus have tethered CCS connectors. I have had a wall charger installed max 7.2kw due to my AC supply. It has no tethered cable so I am thinking I will buy a new one so I can always have one in the car and one in the garage. Am assuming if I want to use the new cable for external 11 and 22kw chargers I will need 3 phase whereas if it is just for home use single phase would suffice. However I am thinking getting a longer cable might be useful , I have seen a 7m cable at a reasonable price. My thoughts are that this gives me some flexibility re parking if an ICE car is in a bay or I wanted to park forward and not reverse in. However the cables seem to be thick and a bit cumbersome so will I end up swearing using a cable longer than normal. So anyone experienced got any advice?