EQE SUV (X294) Forum for Discussion of EQE SUV

Does anyone use NewsFlash in your EQE SUV?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2023 | 06:51 PM

GLC, EQE SUV
Does anyone use NewsFlash in your EQE SUV?

I see the NewsFlash configuration in Mercedes-Me, but it doesn't give precise instruction of how to use it, does anyone know how to use it?
Old 11-03-2023 | 07:02 AM

EQE SUV 500 4Matic
I simply say "Hey Mercedes, tell me the news" and it does. The way I configured my car (Sweden/Europe - English), it comes back and streams the BBC News headlines.
It needs an internet connection with sufficient signal strength.
I am on MBUX 2.4. But I'm not certain this is a prerequisite, as I had not tried Newsflash before upgrading to 2.4
Old 11-03-2023 | 04:39 PM

GLC, EQE SUV
Originally Posted by ScottC2
I simply say "Hey Mercedes, tell me the news" and it does. The way I configured my car (Sweden/Europe - English), it comes back and streams the BBC News headlines.
I am on MBUX 2.4. But I'm not certain this is a prerequisite, as I had not tried Newsflash before upgrading to 2.4
thanks for the information.
Old 11-05-2023 | 12:11 PM

EQE 350 4matic
Originally Posted by ScottC2

can you share your MBUX version number and how your experience of 2.4? I don’t see a thread with user details with 2.4
Old 11-05-2023 | 12:18 PM

EQE SUV 500 4Matic
After the 2.4 upgrade, my Software Version is showing: RL_NTG7_E330.602_23063AC3. (Was E3.29....before)
I can't say that I have visually noticed that much difference in MBUX, but my judgement is probably impaired by the fact that I only had the car for about a week before the OTA update and have not spent a lot of time playing with MBUX since.
I can say that I uploaded a custom picture for display in the passenger display and even after synchronizing in the car, it's not working.
I still get "headphones required" on the passenger display, and it is my understanding that this should no longer be the case with 2.4
So, I have some low-urgency troubleshooting to do. Probably will end up asking the dealer, once I've taken it as far as I can and have created a concise list of questions.