Water inside the bottom of the trunk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EQE SUV 500
Water inside the bottom of the trunk

Hi All,

I have a EQE SUV 500 , and I realized some months ago that my truck was wet ( inside the part where you lift up the little hood on the back) . After some investigations I found out that is was coming from below ( yes below ) so waters was not dropping like directly from the hood, but from the sides i guess. Somehow there is a leak between the black black carpet (boot floor) or whatever the name is and the car itself . So to make it short i took it to the Mercedes agency they told me me that they fixed it ( they changes some plastic things).But last week when i went to the car washer I check again the truck ( below the little hood you open) and it was again wet on the bottom of it. i will add pictures. I have been searching all over the net if there is some similar case, but nothing.
I have an again appointment with Mercedes the 8 of April .
will post any update.

i opened the little plastic cap so see the inside, and it clearly was water inside

Here is where the water / wetness starts , at the deepest spot inside the trunk. It touches a white foam that is below attached to the car, i assume this gets fully wet and then the water goes up.
The following users liked this post:
Surge (05-05-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 10:37 AM

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
This is very interesting. I have an EQE SUV 500 too. I haven't checked the bottom of the "trunk" since I loaded it up with "permanent stuff" back in October. So this thread made me go check it.
It was dry, fortunately. And I had a car wash (with underspray) about a week ago.
Aside from this, I find it interesting that the inside of my "trunk" looks different than yours. I have no "box" on the right side. See picture below.
My first guess is that you have the retractable trailer hitch option...and that this box is to hold the motor for that hitch. I don't know for sure.
However, if you do have the hitch, then for sure there must be some axel or other device going from the motor box to the hitch mechanism and my guess is that this could be the source of water ingress.

The following users liked this post:
Jacc_eu (03-25-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 10:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EQE SUV 500
Hi Scott, good point, I do have a retractable trailer hitch. I will check from below if there is a way that the water goes in.
I also have a sunroof, have read in other threads this this can also somehow a point to check.