Sirius-XM Subscription Renewal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 08:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 575 Likes on 393 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
Sirius-XM Subscription Renewal

My 6-month Sirius-XM trial subscription ended this past weekend. When I called for renewal, I was offered a 12-month subscription for either $6.xx or $8.xx / month which would then transition to the regular monthly charge after that time period. There is no penalty for cancelation. I selected the Platinum plan which included NHL, NFL, and MLB games. YMMV
Old 07-01-2024, 02:26 PM

Received 196 Likes on 151 Posts
2021 AMG E63s Wagon
Originally Posted by HBerman
My 6-month Sirius-XM trial subscription ended this past weekend. When I called for renewal, I was offered a 12-month subscription for either $6.xx or $8.xx / month which would then transition to the regular monthly charge after that time period. There is no penalty for cancelation. I selected the Platinum plan which included NHL, NFL, and MLB games. YMMV
Your Platinum Plan also includes streaming. Download the SiriusXM app from the app store for your specific device.

My old company Hughes Aircraft developed DirecTV and managed XM radio thru its relationship with GM for a brief period. I used to get company discounts on subscription and early radios that integrated with my Cars thru FM frequencies. Lost my GM Employee Discount for new car purchases in 2019...
Old 07-01-2024, 06:00 PM

Received 145 Likes on 129 Posts
2014 ML350 2w, 2017 GLS550, 1967 Pontiac GTO 4 sp
I pay $9.05 a month. I thought it was going to roll over to the current rate. When I called to renew at the $9.05 the young lady said it would stay at that rate indefinitely. Of course my wife watches the credit card bill like a hawk so it it does jump I'll know. BTW early on XM had a billboard in Huntsville TX that read "How do we cram 100 stations into a little radio? Satellites. Big, Freakin' Satellites. I used to ask the agents if they knew why the mascot of the company was a little dog. I gave up after none of them knew the answer.
Old 07-03-2024, 09:35 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
EQE SUV - 350 4Matic
My plan expired 1 week ago. When I called to renew I told them that I am paying $4.99 a month for Platinum on my other vehicle and I would renew if I could get the same rate on the EQE, otherwise I would just use Spotify. They said no problem and actually gave me 3 months free for being a loyal customer and then it rolls over to $4.99 a month for 12 months for Platinum. Just ask and you will likely get the lower rate.

With that said, I have a truck that I only use occasionally for towing, so I let the SXM subscription expire. They sent me an offer of $2.99 a month for 24 months with the ability cancel any time, so I asked if they would let me use that offer on the EQE and she said no because those offers are tied directly to the radio ID. I'm fine with the $5 price for platinum.
Old Yesterday, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glk
xm

I gave up on xm. The built in Tune In radio app in EQE is great for me. thousands of US plus foreign selections. I have my phone on wifi hotspot and it syncs as soon as in car. Tunein app has all my local AM stations that were unavailable since eqe is locking out AM on the radio.