EQE SUV (X294) Forum for Discussion of EQE SUV

12V Battery Issue(s)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2024, 02:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
EQE SUV 350 4Matic and 2024 Tesla MX LR
12V Battery Issue(s)

Last Saturday my wife took our 2023 EQE SUV to Lowes. When she came back to the car and tried to start it she saw a 12V battery message saying that the battery was low. Almost immediately a series of messages flashed saying that various safety systems would not be available.

I drove to her location and started the car. I saw the same messages. We called the MB dealership and told them what had happened. We drove the car to the dealership and left it there over the weekend. Today I got a text from the dealership service department informing us that after they too saw the 12V battery message they "updated 9 separate control modules to optimize energy flow and charging ." They subsequently "went through several drive - park cycles and will now "put the car to sleep for an overnight park cycle."

So I'm happy with the update text from the dealership but unhappy that this relatively new car with low mileage (8,016 miles) is having electrical system issues.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 07-01-2024, 03:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,619 Likes on 2,227 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by Bluffton Bob
Last Saturday my wife took our 2023 EQE SUV to Lowes. When she came back to the car and tried to start it she saw a 12V battery message saying that the battery was low. Almost immediately a series of messages flashed saying that various safety systems would not be available.

I drove to her location and started the car. I saw the same messages. We called the MB dealership and told them what had happened. We drove the car to the dealership and left it there over the weekend. Today I got a text from the dealership service department informing us that after they too saw the 12V battery message they "updated 9 separate control modules to optimize energy flow and charging ." They subsequently "went through several drive - park cycles and will now "put the car to sleep for an overnight park cycle."

So I'm happy with the update text from the dealership but unhappy that this relatively new car with low mileage (8,016 miles) is having electrical system issues.

Has anyone else had this problem?
Pretty common, the 12V battery needs to be charged more. If I recalled correctly, the 12V battery doesn't charge until you turn the vehicle on even on EQ vehicles. They might had an update that when the 12V battery gets too low, the high voltage battery starts to charge 12V battery so perhaps if now you get that update, it wouldn't happen again.
The following users liked this post:
Bluffton Bob (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 03:57 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQE350 SUV 4MATIC
It is a common failing and there is a recall that will likely apply the same updates that you got. It is expected to eliminate these erroneous warnings and the car should be fine going forward.

The 12V battery is recharged when it goes low. It does not matter if the car is turned on or left for months.

Ps. and the trick is to lock the car and leave it for about 5-10 minutes to allow the systems to reset themselves.

Last edited by LastOne; 07-01-2024 at 03:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bluffton Bob (07-01-2024)