Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2022, 04:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
EQE 53 AMG
AMG EQE

Last edited by mag249; 12-19-2022 at 11:11 PM. Reason: None
The following 5 users liked this post by mag249:
dtd (12-19-2022), icwhatudidthere (12-19-2022), js_cls (12-21-2022), mercedesmax (12-19-2022), sno (01-06-2023)
Old 01-11-2023, 01:20 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
Not sure how to move the post but I took delivery of my AMG EQE V4 53. Post is under Electric Vehicles. Under AMG there are no electric models listed in the forums.

The following 3 users liked this post by Tirgoman:
BenjaminKohl (01-11-2023), js_cls (01-11-2023), Ormond2004 (01-27-2023)
Old 01-23-2023, 04:29 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
A few days in and some comments.
First, I see the forum is titled for the EQE V295, is this correct for the AMG EQE either V4 or 53 as I see it called both? This post is in the electric section but I see another section too, I don't follow the various MB codes?
OK, some comments.
The rear seat area is huge, legroom is not an issue in this car. So is the truck and folding the rear seat down is a really huge space. True the opening is a little limited by the truck opening but that's offset somewhat by being able to load items through the rear doors. I have not got around to it but I need to see if I can load my road bike.
I like the familiar MB design and layout. It's a little advanced but things generally work like a MB. The capacitance touch takes a little getting used to but it incorporates hepatic response so you know you're touching the button.
The HUD is really large as compared my C43.
The surround vehicle view system is really improved. It actually might be a touch too sensitive but I think it's adjustable, just have not gotten around to figuring it out, but at this point I like the "blue shield bubble" that is around the car, better to be safe than sorry.
The 2 tone interior is growing on me, that top of the dash and top of the door panels are sable brown and the rest is black Nappa leather. The sable brown is almost a suede like finish which helps with reflection in my opinion. Lots of storage spaces everywhere.
Had the dealer tint the windows to the max Texas legal limit and did them all the same. I like that look better than having the rear windows darker. The rear window is fairly small vertically but I'm getting used to it as the side mirrors are what I care about, what's in the rear is history to me. It's actually cold enough for the heater and the heat comes on almost instantly, no warm up needed.
Drives really solidly, of course it's a heavy car, but the feeling is solid, I think it corners better than the C43. I think the air ride contributes to the overall ride quality.
I still think the Cardinal Red Metallic is a great color, same as my previous C43.
Almost every time I park it somewhere as I'm leaving or coming back to the car there are people looking at it.
And last night the valet parked it right in front of his stand so he could keep an eye on it, ha ha.
So that's it for now.
Old 01-24-2023, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Tirgoman
A few days in and some comments.
First, I see the forum is titled for the EQE V295, is this correct for the AMG EQE either V4 or 53 as I see it called both? This post is in the electric section but I see another section too, I don't follow the various MB codes?
OK, some comments.
The rear seat area is huge, legroom is not an issue in this car. So is the truck and folding the rear seat down is a really huge space. True the opening is a little limited by the truck opening but that's offset somewhat by being able to load items through the rear doors. I have not got around to it but I need to see if I can load my road bike.
I like the familiar MB design and layout. It's a little advanced but things generally work like a MB. The capacitance touch takes a little getting used to but it incorporates hepatic response so you know you're touching the button.
The HUD is really large as compared my C43.
The surround vehicle view system is really improved. It actually might be a touch too sensitive but I think it's adjustable, just have not gotten around to figuring it out, but at this point I like the "blue shield bubble" that is around the car, better to be safe than sorry.
The 2 tone interior is growing on me, that top of the dash and top of the door panels are sable brown and the rest is black Nappa leather. The sable brown is almost a suede like finish which helps with reflection in my opinion. Lots of storage spaces everywhere.
Had the dealer tint the windows to the max Texas legal limit and did them all the same. I like that look better than having the rear windows darker. The rear window is fairly small vertically but I'm getting used to it as the side mirrors are what I care about, what's in the rear is history to me. It's actually cold enough for the heater and the heat comes on almost instantly, no warm up needed.
Drives really solidly, of course it's a heavy car, but the feeling is solid, I think it corners better than the C43. I think the air ride contributes to the overall ride quality.
I still think the Cardinal Red Metallic is a great color, same as my previous C43.
Almost every time I park it somewhere as I'm leaving or coming back to the car there are people looking at it.
And last night the valet parked it right in front of his stand so he could keep an eye on it, ha ha.
So that's it for now.
Sounds good and thanks for the review! Had this been a liftgate like the EQS I would have been sold, but waiting for the SUV version for more cargo practicality. Much of what you write should apply equally.
Old 01-28-2023, 12:48 PM

Received 163 Likes on 122 Posts
2021 Glb35 AMG (2013 GLK 350)
MotoMan drives the 677 HP @Mercedes-AMG EQE (AMG EQE 53), the first fully electric AMG E Class and learns that @MercedesBenz AMG improved upon their Mercedes EQ platform to make a proper @mbusa EV but he questions if it is enough to call it an AMG? He thinks it is the best electrical MB, but still half way there to be a full fledged AMG (until it sheds 1000 lbs with future tech batteries)...

Old 02-01-2023, 08:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,654 Likes on 2,257 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Posted in the wrong thread. Sorry about that.

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 02-01-2023 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Posted in the wrong thread. Sorry about that.