EQE US Sales

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2023, 09:20 AM
sno

Received 147 Likes on 105 Posts
EQE 350+, EQS 450+, AMG C63
Originally Posted by Wobble3999
I thought that I'd add some information regarding my AMG EQE order. Maybe others will find it interesting or valuable. I live in the Midwest (US) and placed my order in late July when the dealership received an allocation. It was initially scheduled to be built in October 2022 but was delayed, and the current production date is May 5th. The sales manager informed me that options have been changing a lot, and I wouldn't be able to order the same configuration today. He mentioned that option 72B (100W USB-C Package) was removed from the Pinnacle Trim, and option 596 (Heat, Noise Insulating, and Infrared Reflecting Glass) appears to have also been removed entirely. However, he seemed somewhat uncertain about the latter because it changed from being a paid to a free option on my build. I was required to add option 399 (Multicontour Front Seats w/ Massage Function). My car was initially configured with Spectral Blue Metallic. The color has since been changed to Sodalite Blue Metallic. I'd suggest periodically checking in with your sales advisor because a few options had been erroneously changed for reasons the sales manager didn't understand, and he had to go into StarNet and change them. He complained that the ordering system had been a continuing source of frustration. Good luck with your order.

I wish I would have checked in with my dealer during our EQS SUV build. We selected the exterior AMG line package and the running boards when the car was delivered 7 months later it had the running boards but no AMG line... I was WTF? I was not going to accept the SUV. My rep told me that they made a change to the configurator because there was an error, you could not have the AMG line with the running boards. I asked why did you not tell us? we would have removed the running boards... He had a blank look. We should have followed up but the last two build before went off with out any incident so we were complacent.

Old 01-23-2023, 07:49 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
EQE
Thats BS. I would have left the car to the dealer and pick/order another one. The AMG line is very important (to me at least).
There seem to be a lot for sale, cars.com has 350 EQE350 for sale, about 100 EQE500 and 65 AMGEQE. I would just pick one and forget about ordering.
The following users liked this post:
sno (01-25-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 08:20 AM
sno

Originally Posted by shakoomakoo
Thats BS. I would have left the car to the dealer and pick/order another one. The AMG line is very important (to me at least).
There seem to be a lot for sale, cars.com has 350 EQE350 for sale, about 100 EQE500 and 65 AMGEQE. I would just pick one and forget about ordering.

I would tend to agree with you except for the fact that this was the EQS SUV build where this occurred. The option combinations that we selected we would be hard pressed to find sitting on the lot. I told her lets just reorder but it did take seven months to get and to her the running boards were more important, Me I rather have the AMG Line... The EQE I purchased off the lot, it is middle of the road optioned, I was going to pick an EQE AMG but when I test drove it and compared what I was getting for the almost double the price I was like naw I'll pass. I drive 100 miles daily. The AMG EQ's do look bad *** for an EV but to be totally honest, I dont see how any of the EQ line can be a real AMG. My C63 has a hand built motor, that is a real AMG. I guess times are changing... JMHO
Old 01-25-2023, 09:37 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
EQE
100% agree with what you said. The EQ models are not real AMG and they don’t drive like one. It’s a comfortable ride that can be quick. I would take the range over performance in these cars.
Old 01-26-2023, 01:24 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
EQS
When do y'all think EQE 500's will make it to dealers in some numbers? My local dealer has the EQE AMG but doesn't have any EQE (350 or 500). A dealer an hour or so away has some EQE 350's but none of the more powerful models or of the AMG.
Old 01-26-2023, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 473 Likes on 350 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
I don't know where you're located but dealers around me (Northeast) have lots of 500s
Old 01-26-2023, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 800 Likes on 632 Posts
There are only 6 EQE 500's, either black or white, within 200 miles of my location. My wife wouldn't drive either color.
The following users liked this post:
dtd (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 04:31 PM

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
EQE 500
Cargurus only lists 75 nationwide. I know some dealers don't show up on aggregators like cargurus or autotrader but I think most do.

FWIW, back in early November when I first asked the dealer about the 500, it didn't even show up in NetStar for configuration or ordering yet. It was finally able to order end of November. Factory finally accepted the order around the end of December.

I saw my perfect config in one dealer in Kentucky but it was about $10k more than I wanted to spend and about 800 miles away. It sold a few weeks ago and I haven't seen anything close since.
Old 01-27-2023, 07:23 AM
sno

There is a nice one with the AMG line inside and out, optioned very nice as well for 105K in Bonita Springs Fl. It is white but looks great with the black accents, there are also an additional six in that area at the other MB dealer there.