EQE (V295) Sedan Upcoming

Mercedes EQE review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2023, 10:15 PM
dtd

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 C300
I agree totally. I love the interior of the EQE, but not the price. The future EQC sedan could reach that $55K price. By the way, the EQE does not qualify the tax credit since it's not made in the U.S. Only the EQE SUV, which is near $80K. I just don't want to pay to much for cars.
The following users liked this post:
MBNUT1 (03-27-2023)
Old 03-26-2023, 10:20 PM
dtd

2017 C300
Speaking of suspension, I just took a trip from San Jose to L.A ( used 900 mile round trip) with my MB C class ( 2017 MY). The car's performance is excellent, but the seat is hard, it hurts my butt and my lower back. My next car should have a softer seat.
Old 03-27-2023, 04:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 992 Likes on 726 Posts
2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by nosnoop
You can safely ignore what they said - did they mean using public charger would void the warranty? The one you talked to was clueless.

Tesla Model Y cannot be compared with EQE.
Tesla was designed to be built as cheap and as fast as possible, and it shows. It's noisy and the suspension is very harsh - perhaps one of the most uncomfortable car I have sat in, especially for rear passenger.
Tesla's fans usually claim efficiency and range - and there's a reason for that. Tesla paid very little attention to driving dynamics, ride comfort, noise and refinement. It takes a lot of weight to make a quiet and refined car.
EQE is a very refined car, along with Mercedes' tradition.

If you just want a mobility appliance, Tesla is an option.
But if you want a luxury sedan, you can't go wrong with the EQE.
I really wanted a model 3 with the LFP battery for the efficiency and the battery robustness.

We test drove a number of cars looking for an EV for my wife. The Y had the so called comfort suspension. If you are used to a German car you will think that the Tesla 3's and Y's are noisy and ride poorly. I could have had a smoking deal on a 2022 3 long range and walked for this reason and for $55k + for the Y there was no way I was going to put up with ride or the noise. For less than $40k maybe.

We ended up buying a KIA Niro EV because it was a nicer car and a smaller size like she wanted. It's not as fast or handles as well and not as stylish but it is a much nicer place to spend time and has a traditional dash. So that should tell you something about Tesla's.

Oh yeah we tried the Q4 as well which we had high hopes for. And was pretty disappointed. Super expensive (like $65k), wasn't as quiet as I expected and you sit really high in the thing.

As for the EQE. Way too expensive and not all that efficient.

Last edited by MBNUT1; 03-27-2023 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-27-2023, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by dtd
Speaking of suspension, I just took a trip from San Jose to L.A ( used 900 mile round trip) with my MB C class ( 2017 MY). The car's performance is excellent, but the seat is hard, it hurts my butt and my lower back. My next car should have a softer seat.
Thanks for sharing this.
Old 03-27-2023, 05:45 PM
dtd

2017 C300
I agree. I'm surprised that the Tesla MY does not give a good ride. I just don't get excited with the style. I prefer the conventional look from the car/SUV.
Old 03-27-2023, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E350 4Matic
Originally Posted by dtd
I agree. I'm surprised that the Tesla MY does not give a good ride. I just don't get excited with the style. I prefer the conventional look from the car/SUV.
It's better than the 3 but it's still not good. It's funny I was so intent on buying a 3 with the LFP I took my wife for a test drive (it was for her) and when we got back started negotiating on price and my wife through a flag down and called a total time out because she didn't like the ride or how noisy it was. Bear in mind that she was driving a rusty 2006 Mazda 3 with 212k miles on it. Which while not the quietest car has a vastly superior suspension to the Tesla 3 from a ride / handling balance.

Last edited by MBNUT1; 03-27-2023 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-27-2023, 09:11 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,512 Likes on 2,136 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by dtd
I agree totally. I love the interior of the EQE, but not the price. The future EQC sedan could reach that $55K price. By the way, the EQE does not qualify the tax credit since it's not made in the U.S. Only the EQE SUV, which is near $80K. I just don't want to pay to much for cars.
Depends on how urgent you need a new electric car, the EQC sedan might take a while, that said there is the EQB in the States that you can consider, I wonder if sales are low on that one if it is then you might be able to get some discounts. Otherwise that SUV was overpriced when it first released so there is that. I also don't know if you must have a sedan or is fine with an SUV.
Old 03-27-2023, 09:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

I forgot there was also the EQC SUV that made it to the States I seen videos with USA plates on it but then for some reason it wasn't fully rolled out and was discontinued.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:34 PM

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
I forgot there was also the EQC SUV that made it to the States I seen videos with USA plates on it but then for some reason it wasn't fully rolled out and was discontinued.
Mercedes decided to wait for the next gen EQC which will be built on the new MB.EA dedicated EV platform in 2025.
The current EQC is on shared platform with ICE cars and has short range and not very competitive. So Mercedes has decided to abort the North American launch.
Old 03-28-2023, 07:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Mercedes decided to wait for the next gen EQC which will be built on the new MB.EA dedicated EV platform in 2025.
The current EQC is on shared platform with ICE cars and has short range and not very competitive. So Mercedes has decided to abort the North American launch.
That is actually not what I heard, it was for an entire different reason but I would think what you said to make more sense.

Ever since MB's "Strategy Update" and their focus on electric, they talked about this new platform you mentioned and the vehicles that are planned.

The EQS as you know is based on another dedicated electric platform but I am sure you are aware that a lot of people hate the design of it, I guess other than range (which is important I get it) and aerodynamics, people prefer a more traditional vehicle such as how BMW did the i7 and 7-series iCE not saying what they did is right but looks like competitors are still just using ICE platform to save on development cost.

That said though, other brands although interested on focusing on electric vehicle development, MB was the only one that fully committed with the electric vehicle development or at least that is what I heard so far (I might not be most up-to-date on this) MB already ceased internal combustion engine development after all.
Old 03-28-2023, 12:18 PM

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
The EQS as you know is based on another dedicated electric platform but I am sure you are aware that a lot of people hate the design of it, I guess other than range (which is important I get it) and aerodynamics, people prefer a more traditional vehicle such as how BMW did the i7 and 7-series iCE not saying what they did is right but looks like competitors are still just using ICE platform to save on development cost.
Actually, they can use any car design with the platform. EV platform is very flexible, so they can make a very traditional looking Mercedes if they want. The current EQS shape is not dictated by the EVA platform, but more by aerodynamic optimization.
OTOH, they will switch to a new platform for future models mainly for other reasons like 800v charging.
Old 03-28-2023, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 E350 4Matic
I am waiting for a C Class on a dedicated EV platform. Don't know why they can't scale down the EQE platform. Of course what would be great is one derived from the EQXX prototype.
Old 04-01-2023, 07:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
EQE350 4Matic
Closed on a EQE350 4Matic at the 11th hour yesterday for March.

leased

14.7% off pre incentive
7500 fed rebate
1750 pen fed (affinity) incentive
0% NJ tax

i am decently under $700/mo with fees das on a 92K alpine grey
The following 2 users liked this post by CheapEV:
dtd (04-02-2023), icwhatudidthere (04-01-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 12:31 AM
dtd

2017 C300
Yes, me too. I hope it would be between $50K to $55K.
MBNUT1 (04-02-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 09:24 PM
Out Of Control!!

Actually, they can use any car design with the platform. EV platform is very flexible, so they can make a very traditional looking Mercedes if they want. The current EQS shape is not dictated by the EVA platform, but more by aerodynamic optimization.
OTOH, they will switch to a new platform for future models mainly for other reasons like 800v charging.
Wait I thought that is what I said in my post, aerodynamics?
Old 04-04-2023, 06:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,585 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by MBNUT1
I am waiting for a C Class on a dedicated EV platform. Don't know why they can't scale down the EQE platform. Of course what would be great is one derived from the EQXX prototype.
A C/GLC-Class sized and priced EV would be a perfect addition for the states. Hopefully the upcoming CLA EV successor that has been spied riding on the new MMA platform will be great addition to the lineup, as well as a look into the next stage of MB EV’s in technology, engineering and design.
MBNUT1 (04-04-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 06:56 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe, 2016 Audi A6 3.0
Originally Posted by dtd
The reviews for this car have been underwhelming.
Old 04-25-2023, 04:31 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by dudley07726
The reviews for this car have been underwhelming.
In what department specifically? Asking, genuinely curious, I am not sure but I also read reviews opposite they like it more as a smaller and more nimble EQS.
Old 09-24-2023, 10:23 PM

eqe
So I looked at the procedure is the EQE SUV. My Tesla model X is getting along in the tooth and is out of warranty. I no longer need the size of the model x and I am trying to decide between staying with a Tesla model Y versus another electric vehicle. I do not like the cabin camera that is now on the newer Tesla models for many reasons. I Drive about 40 miles a day mainly on highway. I do make use of the "autopilot" in my tesla. Test driving a Mercedes today the "autopilot" on the EQE seems to have similar function to the tesla.

Mercedes also seems to be pushing this 24-month lease option which seems interesting since the electric car market is quickly changing with newer technology. It gives me a chance to try something new for couple years.

I am sure Tesla has a much better infrastructure for long-range, supercharging. However I have never taken it on a road trip and have rarely needed the super charger. The interior of the Mercedes seems much more refined and I like the ambient lighting.

Any thoughts from people who have experienced the Mercedes option in the tesla? My main concerns would be related to the "autopilot" and also the entertainment options. For music listening purposes in the tesla I mainly use the free Tune-in radio. I am not sure what is offered by Mercedes I know they gave you a few months of XM radio. To used Tune-in radio on the Mercedes but I have to pay for an account? For some Mercedes has car play so I could stream Spotify or other options from the phone.

Any thoughts or opinions appreciated.
Old 09-24-2023, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 400 Likes on 275 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
The Mercedes is a magic carpet ride and is perfect for short-distance city driving. I especially like the rear wheel steering which is optional on the 350 I believe and I'd personally pay extra for it without hesitation. As much as I like the hardware though, I really dislike their software. I pretty much use Android Auto all the time with Waze, VLC and PlugShare and almost never use the built-in apps. I might get a Model Y when they finally get FSD approved. I think Tesla's minimalist approach would work better with that. No need for the heads-up display and gauges if the car is doing all the driving.
Old 10-01-2023, 10:11 PM

eqe
Originally Posted by Crito
The Mercedes is a magic carpet ride and is perfect for short-distance city driving. I especially like the rear wheel steering which is optional on the 350 I believe and I'd personally pay extra for it without hesitation. As much as I like the hardware though, I really dislike their software. I pretty much use Android Auto all the time with Waze, VLC and PlugShare and almost never use the built-in apps. I might get a Model Y when they finally get FSD approved. I think Tesla's minimalist approach would work better with that. No need for the heads-up display and gauges if the car is doing all the driving.
Tried the new Y. Did not like the new cabin camera which makes "Autopilot" more difficult to use. So I went EQE. That was just my opinion, others may vary
Old 12-21-2023, 04:54 PM

EQE 350 SUV 4Matic
To Own it is to LOVE IT!

Originally Posted by taphil
It's DOA. Priced like a well optioned E53, more than a Tesla and with less range.
This car is the bomb…Don’t let the MSRP scare you! There are great deals on NEW and USED ones out there!
And the RANGE… Can we talk here? Exceeding manufacturers stated amounts by 20%.
Comfortable, Quiet, Smooth, tricked out…need more reason to indulge?
Old 12-21-2023, 05:19 PM
dtd

2017 C300
What is the great deal ? Right now, in the Bay Area, dealers sell at $80K plus? If I come in for a bargain, how much can I get?
Old 12-21-2023, 05:58 PM

EQE 350 SUV 4Matic
MSRP of 85K, you are looking at 10k+ off…I bought a 3,000 mi. Twilight Blue/ Neva gray for 67k at San Raphael…dealers are HUNGRY! Cars aren’t selling because of high interest rates!
Go to ONE dealer, test drive close to exactly what you are looking for…then leave! Do your HOMEWORK! Choose another dealer ( if you wish) to pin dealer on dealer.
Buy at end of month! Document texts and paperwork over the phone with your (Yelp reviewed) sales person, chosen from sales staff list on dealer website. You will
easily find a used one in the Bay Area with low mileage in the low 60’s….and a new one, with MSRP around 85k in the low to mid 70’s. Well worth your efforts…This
EQE SUV is a keeper! It’s like no other! And the brake “complaint” is over stated. ID4 is worse. You will fall in love with the EQE, it’s just packed with creature comforts
and pampering toys.
Old 12-21-2023, 06:38 PM
dtd

2017 C300
Thanks. It is very helpful info. I am not in a hurry. Right now , I am weighting between the EQE sedan and BMW i5. I know the i5 can be bought at $68K. So, I would buy the EQE sedan, if I can get at that price. I don't need another SUV. By the way, my son's ID.4 is very good. Of cousre, it can't be compared with the EQE SUV. You get what you pay for.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Mercedes EQE review