EQE (V295) Sedan Upcoming

Profile Override

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2023, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQE SUV 500
Profile Override

I have a 2023 EQE 500E SUV. Why is it when I ad a second profile my original profile is erased? Thanks.
Old 11-11-2023, 08:24 PM

Received 219 Likes on 152 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
It shouldn't be, did you connect Mercedes Me Connect services?
Old 11-12-2023, 02:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQE SUV 500
Yes, I am logged in. If my wife logs in with her profile, all my settings are gone when I log back in.
Old 11-12-2023, 05:39 AM

Received 100 Likes on 75 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
I have read about so many profile-related adventures on this site that when I took delivery of my car two weeks ago, I asked the dealer if he would add a second profile for me if we determined we needed one.
Fast forward two weeks - we have determined we need a second profile and I have an appointment with the dealer for him to add it for me tomorrow. If I understand correctly, I think he's going to have to add a second (shadow/sub?) Mercedes Me account for this all to work.
I will report back here on my experience tomorrow.

Anyhow, if you've only had your car for a very short period, I would check with the sales/delivery people to see if they would be willing to do this for you. If you wait too long...and/or mess it up, I expect they would refer you to the service department (???).
Old 11-13-2023, 01:45 PM

Received 100 Likes on 75 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
Originally Posted by ScottC2
I have read about so many profile-related adventures on this site that when I took delivery of my car two weeks ago, I asked the dealer if he would add a second profile for me if we determined we needed one.
Fast forward two weeks - we have determined we need a second profile and I have an appointment with the dealer for him to add it for me tomorrow. If I understand correctly, I think he's going to have to add a second (shadow/sub?) Mercedes Me account for this all to work.
I will report back here on my experience tomorrow.
Anyhow, if you've only had your car for a very short period, I would check with the sales/delivery people to see if they would be willing to do this for you. If you wait too long...and/or mess it up, I expect they would refer you to the service department (???).
I had my visit with the dealer today. He set up a second profile for me. The bulk of the process took less than 15 minutes. These are the high-level steps and results:
1) He created a second MMe account online (at his computer in his office) using the e-mail address of the second driver of my car. Only needed to provide basic info, like name, address, birth date, phone number. Select a PIN. Save.
2) Then we went to the car and logged out of my profile and selected the "Add User " option in MBUX
3) MBUX presented a QR code which we scanned with the second driver's phone and this completed the pairing. I think I might have had to approve this pairing on my "owners" MMe app. (Memory is a little foggy on this)
4) About 30 mins later, I had to go to the "owner" MMe app on my phone again and approve the user -- this time for permanent access. (prior to this only 1-day access had been defaulted)
5) It was not until permanent access was granted did the second driver's MMe app populate with MOST of the sub-icons/services in MMe. I was told by the dealer before we set up the second driver that this driver would not be able to see charging transactions or costs in MMe or the Store. This did not present a problem for us, so I said go ahead. Now that it's all done, comparing my App and my companion's App side-by-side, I can see a few other things that are not available on the companion App: 1) Geofencing 2) Speed Alert 3) Stolen Vehicle help 4) Emergency key de-activation These are not showstoppers, but I guess it means we will need to coordinate if the second driver has the car and it is stolen. It could be that we need to wait a day or so for some of these to appear? If any do, I will report back here.

In case you haven't already discovered, you need to have MBUX user profile(s) to be able to access the music streaming apps. You cannot access them as Guest. Now that we have separate user profiles, we both can access Spotify (which uses the Car's internet connection). And it's the SAME Spotify account. We only have one Spotify account and we share it (at least until spotify tells us we can no longer enjoy this, but I digress...).