EQE (V295) Sedan Upcoming

EA charging Q...do you have this issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2023, 09:34 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
C300EQE
EA charging Q...do you have this issue?

Hello. Have had my EQE almost a year now. Not a heavy EA/DC user. Maybe once a month or if I happen to be near one. One EA charger I frequent is a Walmart in Socal that has 6 chargers. Charger #4 always works for me plug and play. When I try 1,2 maybe another. It connects, initiates, autheticates, initiates payment but then never throws any electricity to the car and I sit there with 0kw flowing but the EA screen is normal looking but nothing flowing out I go back to #4 works fine. Other cars connect to 1,2 next to me and it works for them.....? Anyone else have this issue ? Again not a heavy EA person maybe I have been to handful of them only.
Old 12-28-2023, 04:56 PM

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts
'19 AMG E53 Cpe, '23 EQS 580 SUV, '88 560SL, '35 Ford 5w coupe, '53 MGTD and others
Sounds just like my experience to date. All I can say is that they're better now than they used to be.
Old 12-28-2023, 06:47 PM

Received 219 Likes on 152 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
I have to say that things have improved dramatically where we are. First of all, availability, but also reliability. Nearest EA used to be across state line - not too far, but not convenient. We have had a station operational within 5 minutes from us since July, and it has been rock solid reliable. First dispenser quit a week ago, but was repaired within a week, quite impressive. The rest have been fantastic. We've road tripped all over the place lately, and it has always been a successful charge for us, so far. It's definitely improving substantially. And once NEVI stations go online, even better yet!
Old 03-11-2024, 04:46 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
ML 350, EQE Sedan
Can't say I am satisfied with Electrify America. But I gather that most of the other manufacturers also have an issue with Volkswagen group as well. They have done a very poor job and their disinterest shows. The silver lining is that Mercedes, BMW, and a number of other manufacturers seem to be working on their own charging network for North America.
Old 03-14-2024, 12:00 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
EQE 350 4matic
Originally Posted by BobZEQEC300
Hello. Have had my EQE almost a year now. Not a heavy EA/DC user. Maybe once a month or if I happen to be near one. One EA charger I frequent is a Walmart in Socal that has 6 chargers. Charger #4 always works for me plug and play. When I try 1,2 maybe another. It connects, initiates, autheticates, initiates payment but then never throws any electricity to the car and I sit there with 0kw flowing but the EA screen is normal looking but nothing flowing out I go back to #4 works fine. Other cars connect to 1,2 next to me and it works for them.....? Anyone else have this issue ? Again not a heavy EA person maybe I have been to handful of them only.

When you have a chance please share site number I’ll do some web sluth-ing
Old 03-14-2024, 05:58 PM

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
EQE350 SUV 4MATIC
Saw the notice as I was about to make a short stop. Just saw instructions asking to turn the car off and lock the doors. Did that and came back 10 minutes later. The door handles did not pop out, had to swipe. Tried to start the car and drive off but got a few error messages. Turned the car off and on, was notified that the the update failed, but was able to drive the car.

Maybe a coincidence but my wife got a series of red and yellow warnings yesterday, preventing the car from being driven, but no notice about the update. She locked the car and went away for 10 minutes, and it was fine when she returned.

Expecting the update to be attempted again tomorrow. Best case is for it to be installed overnight.