Buying Used EQE 43 and need help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2024, 12:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQE 43
Buying Used EQE 43 and need help

Hello There,

I'm buying EQE43 used condition with 6,000 KM from Germany and asked the inspection center for a report before buying it and i want to share with some some defects have been identified by the inspector, here is the report

Dear Customer,
has found defects in your vehicle, deviations from the regulations can lead to a traffic hazard:
1- Electronic brake system signal malfunction
2- Electronic stability program (ESP) signal malfunction
3- Automatic emergency brake signal malfunction
4- lane change assistant signal a malfunction
5- Steering signals Malfunction
the plaque could not be allocated
would be happy to hear from you some advices, are those issues seem serious and should i consider not buying it, maybe are related to some SW issues as far as i heard

appreciate your help

Old 01-18-2024, 12:30 AM

Received 204 Likes on 140 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
Does the vehicle show any current signs of a warning on the instrument cluster? Does Distronic work correctly, along with all other expected components? It may just be a simple fault, or it could be something significant that is underlying. Most likely, a single component or operating condition generated all of those error codes, but it's hard to see what it might be without further analysis. I imagine that the manufacturer's warranty still applies in this case. If there is no obvious damage to the vehicle, or there is no current error message that something isn't working, I don't think there would be any driving concern. Still, without further background, (did it happen once? Did it happen repeatedly? Are there other components with issues? Was there a simple 12V battery issue that was cleared? Was there a software issue that was updated and/or triggered it?), it's hard to know ultimately what the issue might be. You might ask them to clear the fault codes and drive it to see if it appears again.
Old 01-23-2024, 02:24 PM

Received 100 Likes on 67 Posts
23'EQS AMG
Unless it is covered under warranty and is substantially cheaper to offset your time to get it fixed under warranty, I would look elsewhere.