EQE (V295) Sedan Upcoming

Home Charging Transactions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 12:55 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
2023 EQE SUV 4Matic
Home Charging Transactions

Hi All - new here. I have a 2023 EQE SUV and love it. I noticed a feature in the MB Connect App where you could add a home charger and cost details so it would show the cost of charging every month….has anyone been able to get this to work? I only see the cost if I charge at a public charger, but the home charging doesnt show any cost. First world world problems, i know…
Old 12-07-2023, 07:38 AM

Received 210 Likes on 145 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
Same experience, I think this is still in development, maybe next software update. I added my home station, maybe it'll stores the data going forward and when the service is ready, it will have the data already available. I use a ChargePoint Home charger, so the charging info already shows up in the Mercedes Me Connect app.
The following users liked this post:
tusharj (12-10-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 08:51 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
EQE 350 4Matic Sedan and SUV
I don't even know how to add my home Chargepoint charger to the MB app. That said, both the Chargepoint app and the MB app show my charging progress and alert me when the charging is complete. I rely on the Charegepoint app to monitor my costs.
Old 12-07-2023, 08:54 AM

All you need to do is make sure you've registered with Mercedes Me Charge, which connects to your ChargePoint account. Assuming you set up your charger with the same e-mail, it should automatically show up under "Transactions" in Mercedes Me Connect. If you log in to the Web UI, it'll also show the Mercedes-Benz logo and associated information. You'll still have to select your vehicle type manually though.
Old 12-07-2023, 09:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
EQE 350 4Matic Sedan and SUV
Oh?! Then that's already done. I was reading too far into the post. Sorry. All good here. Happy charging everyone.
bytemaster0 (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 01:07 PM

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
Originally Posted by tusharj
Hi All - new here. I have a 2023 EQE SUV and love it. I noticed a feature in the MB Connect App where you could add a home charger and cost details so it would show the cost of charging every month….has anyone been able to get this to work? I only see the cost if I charge at a public charger, but the home charging doesnt show any cost. First world world problems, i know…
I took delivery of my 2023 EQE SUV in October. In early November, I added my home charging box (dumb wall box, not connected to any MB-partner charging networks). I added my home cost per kWh. And, like you, I could see my home charging transactions and kWh, but not any total costs.
Fast forward to a month later...and lo and behold, the costs for home charging are now showing up. Even on the historical transactions. I have no idea why it took a month, but I'm happy with it now.
Old 12-07-2023, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by ScottC2
I took delivery of my 2023 EQE SUV in October. In early November, I added my home charging box (dumb wall box, not connected to any MB-partner charging networks). I added my home cost per kWh. And, like you, I could see my home charging transactions and kWh, but not any total costs.
Fast forward to a month later...and lo and behold, the costs for home charging are now showing up. Even on the historical transactions. I have no idea why it took a month, but I'm happy with it now.
The European app and vehicle configurations must be well ahead of the North American market, those features aren't available yet in either case. Unless you have a ChargePoint Home Flex, or charge with EA and partner networks. I know that the European market also has had MBUX 2 for a while, we still don't have it yet here.

Trending Topics

Old 12-07-2023, 01:52 PM

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
EQE 500
Good to know I'm not the only one who couldn't get it to work. I thought I was doing something wrong. The app team has been pretty good at keeping it updated so I have some hope they'll figure this out too.
tusharj (12-10-2023)
Old 01-17-2024, 12:58 PM

EQE SUV 500 4Matic
And now, I would like to change the cost per kWh I entered a few months ago...and I can't manage to find where to do it in MMe or in the car setup menus. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-17-2024, 01:09 PM

2023 EQE SUV 4Matic
in the Mercedes Me app...click on the GPS location icon on the bottom right >> then click on the settings gear in top right right >> then "My charging stations" >> then you can edit the setting of your home charger including the cost/kwh... Hope this helps
ved (02-28-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 01:21 PM

EQE SUV 500 4Matic
Originally Posted by tusharj
in the Mercedes Me app...click on the GPS location icon on the bottom right >> then click on the settings gear in top right right >> then "My charging stations" >> then you can edit the setting of your home charger including the cost/kwh... Hope this helps
Magnificent! Thank you!! I had apparently managed to find this before, but couldn't for the life of me remember how to navigate back there. Thanks for refreshing my memory ;-)
Old 01-17-2024, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 567 Likes on 386 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
Magnificent! Thank you!! I had apparently managed to find this before, but couldn't for the life of me remember how to navigate back there. Thanks for refreshing my memory ;-)
I'm missing what is useful in placing my home charger in the Mercedes Me app. I have my Wallbox Level 2 charger defined, the KW rate stated, but I've never seen any transactions using the app. All of my charging transactions are logged by the Wallbox application which produces usage, charge amounts, time of day and duration, and cost.
Old 01-17-2024, 11:03 PM

2023 EQE SUV 4Matic
Originally Posted by HBerman
I'm missing what is useful in placing my home charger in the Mercedes Me app. I have my Wallbox Level 2 charger defined, the KW rate stated, but I've never seen any transactions using the app. All of my charging transactions are logged by the Wallbox application which produces usage, charge amounts, time of day and duration, and cost.
This was the premise of the original thread (see above)… i have been unable to get the $$ show up in the Mercedes app under transactions for home charging. It seems to be working for EU users, but there is some bug for the US that hasn’t been fixed (it’s never worked in the US I believe)
Old 01-18-2024, 05:10 AM

EQE SUV 500 4Matic
A valid question. And the answer is: I'm not sure yet. My non-MB wall box at home has an application that provides all the necessary home-charging statistics, with dead-certain accuarcy.
The MMe app, at least in Europe, provides the home charging transactions/statistics too while cautioning that the information may not be so accurate. So far, it seems to be respectably accurate.
Up to now, I've just been in the mode of wanting to see that things are "working as advertised." Could there be some useful/interesting numbers the car could provide in the future based on this historical data, perhaps? I don't know.
Anyway, if somebody notes that this feature is not working and they have their own wall-box data, I would have to agree that based on what I know so far, it's probably not worth the effort to troubleshoot it and get it working. There are about a zillion other aspects of the car that probably deserve more attention.
HBerman (01-18-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 07:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A valid question. And the answer is: I'm not sure yet. My non-MB wall box at home has an application that provides all the necessary home-charging statistics, with dead-certain accuarcy.
The MMe app, at least in Europe, provides the home charging transactions/statistics too while cautioning that the information may not be so accurate. So far, it seems to be respectably accurate.
Up to now, I've just been in the mode of wanting to see that things are "working as advertised." Could there be some useful/interesting numbers the car could provide in the future based on this historical data, perhaps? I don't know.
Anyway, if somebody notes that this feature is not working and they have their own wall-box data, I would have to agree that based on what I know so far, it's probably not worth the effort to troubleshoot it and get it working. There are about a zillion other aspects of the car that probably deserve more attention.
I've ensured that my Wallbox charger is properly defined in the MMe app for capacity, per Kw cost, and location. The charge session information from the car agrees with the transaction reports that I received from the Wallbox application as well. I called the Mercedes Customer Care line and asked what else I needed to define in the MMe app to have it correctly display my home charging sessions. I did not receive any further information other than it was a known issue.
Old 01-26-2024, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I've ensured that my Wallbox charger is properly defined in the MMe app for capacity, per Kw cost, and location. The charge session information from the car agrees with the transaction reports that I received from the Wallbox application as well. I called the Mercedes Customer Care line and asked what else I needed to define in the MMe app to have it correctly display my home charging sessions. I did not receive any further information other than it was a known issue.
It's working now as of 1/27/24
ScottC2 (01-27-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 09:31 PM

2023 EQE SUV 4Matic
It's working now as of 1/27/24
thank you! I see some $$ for home charging showing up now too.