EQE (V295) Sedan Upcoming

Mercedes NACS adapter for Tesla supercharger

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2024, 11:12 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2024 GLE 450e hybrid / 2023 Mercedes EQE 350+ RWD
Mercedes NACS adapter for Tesla supercharger

Has anyone found the MB adapter for NACS chargers available at their dealer and what is the MB part number

i am assuming MB is not providing for free. Although Ford is providing its back ordered until august! Lectron has one for $195 and it got good reviews by the “state of charge” ytube reviewer
Old 04-15-2024, 11:38 AM

ML 350, EQE Sedan
I suspect that this kind of adaptor will only show up after Mercedes starts the service with Tesla. We have seen the planned conversion but no vehicles or the ability to charge on Tesla chargers.

There is some indication that something is in the works as at least one other poster noticed Tesla chargers showing up temporarily in his EQS. No indication if he attempted to charge during that period, so it is not clear how far along they might be. Remember, Tesla charges require the car to identify itself to the network, they do not support credit cards or RFID cards.
Old 05-22-2024, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY2023 EQS450V
I have received my Lectron Vortex adapter. There are two V3 superchargers near me that should eventually be capable of charging my EQS. I don’t believe the V2 superchargers will be compatible with CCS adapters.
In the Tesla app I added my EQS and a Ford Mach-E. When selecting the Ford the chargers appear and indicate that an adapter is necessary. When I select the EQS the superchargers disappear from the map. I have been checking periodically to see if the chargers appear with the EQS vehicle selected. I even tried to charge at these superchargers while the Ford Mach-E was selected in the Tesla app. Of course, the EQS did initially appear to handshake with the charger. The Tesla app then displayed “This vehicle is not authorized”. I have also been checking the Mercedes Me Connect app for the chargers to appear. Nothing as of today…2024/05/22
Old 05-22-2024, 05:05 PM

ML 350, EQE Sedan
Given that Musk fired the entire Supercharger team, I expect that any additional partnerships have been substantially delayed if not canceled outright for now. As Mercedes has already committed to their own charging network (https://www.mbusa.com/en/ev-charging-stations), there may be less emphasis on trying to rebuild the Tesla relationship. After all, what company would want to make a large investment in a partnership that can be destroyed in another temper tantrum? Telsa's existing partners have been left high and dry with Musk's actions, and I expect the next several years will have Tesla and who ever takes over the superchargers to be tied up in breach of contract lawsuits and damages claims.

A proper board of directors would have fired him already to protect the other shareholders. In fact, I would not be surprised if Tesla's board soon becomes enmeshed in breach of duty claims as well.
The following users liked this post:
harperb (06-01-2024)