EQE (V295) Sedan Upcoming

2024 EQE sedan - colors and other questions about ordering one

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
535xi
2024 EQE sedan - colors and other questions about ordering one

I'm thinking of getting a 2024 EQE sedan. I'm not in any rush to buy, so my plan is just try to find a dealer to order me one to my specifications. I've never done this with MB, though. Anyone anticpate any issues?

Right now I'm trying to build one on the website and I cannot tell the difference between the Neva Grey/Sable Brown Leather and the Neva Gray/Biscaya Blue Leather. The pictures on the website look exactly the same to me. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

Also when I order one of the light grey interiors, it appears that one of the back seats is a different color than the other. Website glitch or is that actually how it is?
Old 05-10-2024, 08:43 PM

535xi
One more question: Is the hyperscreen standard on all EQE 500 4MATIC sedans
Old 05-11-2024, 08:51 AM

Received 218 Likes on 152 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
Welcome! The Biscaya is a blue color that you can see on the door sills and the upper dash. It may be possible that the web configurator didn't load the color. I find it to be pretty, but it's a bit of a colder color, and it reflects a bit on the dashboard. I ended up ordering the sable brown with neva gray interior and I absolutely love it. It's warm, doesn't reflect much, and is a great and classic color combination. I almost had my build changed to blue once, but was happy with the brown when I got it.

All seats are the same color, might just be a shading issue in the web configurator. Happy to take pictures if you want. I personally went with MBTex over leather, especially with 3 kiddos that can tend to make a mess in a moment's notice.

Order process is easy-peasy. Talk to a sales person at your preferred dealer (if possible get more than one dealer involved if you want to save some extra cash), they'll make a build sheet and find a build slot. It might be quick, or it might be a month or so out. The car will be built (usually early), be at Bremerhaven for about 2-10 days, and then take about 15-20 days to reach the Port of Baltimore or another US port depending on where you live. Add another 5-15 days at port and on the truck, and your car will be at the dealer! In my case, my car was produced April 19th of 2023 and I took delivery on May 24th. Pretty quick all things considered.

Last edited by bytemaster0; 05-11-2024 at 08:54 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bellavance (05-13-2024)
Old 05-11-2024, 08:58 AM

And yes, hyperscreen is standard on all 500 models.
Old 05-11-2024, 09:35 AM

535xi
Originally Posted by bytemaster0
Welcome! The Biscaya is a blue color that you can see on the door sills and the upper dash. It may be possible that the web configurator didn't load the color. I find it to be pretty, but it's a bit of a colder color, and it reflects a bit on the dashboard. I ended up ordering the sable brown with neva gray interior and I absolutely love it. It's warm, doesn't reflect much, and is a great and classic color combination. I almost had my build changed to blue once, but was happy with the brown when I got it.

All seats are the same color, might just be a shading issue in the web configurator. Happy to take pictures if you want. I personally went with MBTex over leather, especially with 3 kiddos that can tend to make a mess in a moment's notice.

Order process is easy-peasy. Talk to a sales person at your preferred dealer (if possible get more than one dealer involved if you want to save some extra cash), they'll make a build sheet and find a build slot. It might be quick, or it might be a month or so out. The car will be built (usually early), be at Bremerhaven for about 2-10 days, and then take about 15-20 days to reach the Port of Baltimore or another US port depending on where you live. Add another 5-15 days at port and on the truck, and your car will be at the dealer! In my case, my car was produced April 19th of 2023 and I took delivery on May 24th. Pretty quick all things considered.
Thanks. That's very helpful.

When did you place the order so that the car was built on April 19th?

Edit: Since you actually have one, what is your charging setup? Do you just use the cord that comes with the vehicle in a 220 V outlet? Something else?

Last edited by eltonk; 05-11-2024 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-11-2024, 01:37 PM

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
EQE 500
I have a 2023 EQE 500 that I custom ordered. Note, last year, the 500s had fewer build slots so it might take longer. In my case, I ordered the day orders opened for the 500s, that was in December 2022. The order didn't actually get built until the end of May and it was delivered end of June.
Old 05-11-2024, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by eltonk
When did you place the order so that the car was built on April 19th?

Edit: Since you actually have one, what is your charging setup? Do you just use the cord that comes with the vehicle in a 220 V outlet? Something else?
I ordered January 6th of 2023. I chose a later build slot because I negotiated with my dealer to get the best possible price, and I like them a lot. I could've had a late-February spot, but with some compromises. The slots were quite rare at the time because the cars had just been released to market a few days before, so it was hard to get one. Now they should be plentiful.

As for charging, at the time, the cars didn't come with anything. I have a ChargePoint Home Flex at home. We have two EQEs, one sedan, one SUV. I'd been using an extension to easily charge up the SUV with just the one charger, and bare cord with the sedan. However, the extension's pins are now getting too hot in the slightly warmer weather, even just in the garage, so I'm having to explore a dual-charger setup at some point. I still recommend dedicated wall-mounted charging solutions. Most have MOVs for power surge handling, have cord management, and telematics, though of course your car now saves records as well.
Old 05-13-2024, 11:02 PM

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
For Charger, I would recommend Tesla Universal Wall Charger. It is future proof as all your future cars would have NACS charging port. Tesla's one comes with both.
And actually more important is the power sharing feature. It allows you to put in multiple chargers on a single circuit. This saves you a lot of wiring cost as wiring is very expensive (and some electric panel may not be able to accommodate multiple wall chargers). It would dynamically balances the load between 2 or more cars. Many best selling chargers like ChargePoint do not have this feature.
Old 06-06-2024, 07:32 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
ML 350, EQE Sedan
Biscaya Blue is distinctly blue. We ordered it for our car, and are quite happy with it. In our case, it took nine months between ordering and delivering, when the original estimate had been three months. They were having issues getting parts, so our delivery kept getting pushed back. A Level 1/2 charger was included with the car. The delay saved us about $15,000; when we ordered the dealership had an across the board $10,000 market adjustment, by the time it arrived in December sales had slowed and they wanted the end of quarter/end of year sales, so we were able to get a slightly below market price based on comparable sales for the area.