EQE (V295) Sedan Upcoming

Tesla charging

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2024, 07:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
glk
Tesla charging

Maybe getting closer. Had email this AM from Chevy re my 2019 Bolt. Tesla open to us and Telsa now shows for the Bolt on the Tesla app.

I understand MB is after Chevy, so apparently Tesla software group in the Tesla charging group is still working.

I may need a dealer software update for the Bolt, to make it plug and play, right now it looks like I have to use the Chevy app to initiate a charge. Going to try it today.

Chevy is selling the adapter for $225.

Old 09-19-2024, 07:18 AM

Received 247 Likes on 175 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
I think it'll be a while longer, supposedly next is Volvo/Polestar, then Nissan, then MB, if I recall correctly.
Old 09-19-2024, 10:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
glk
Tesla

Well, at least tesla is working on it. The Bolt worked, but not plug and charge, had to use app on chevy app to tell it the stall. I suspect the dealer software update is to somehow make it plug and charge.

Had horrible experience getting lectron adapter removed from tesla connector. You must leave them plugged into the car and pull back on tesla plug, then hit release on lectron to let tesla unhook, the release adapter from car. If outside of car, it was impossible to remove. Lucky i found a you tube vid telling me how.