EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

EQS SUV - MSRP Orders

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2022, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLS 580
Originally Posted by Fromsf
I don’t blame you, MB isn’t taking any serious actions. Dealers don’t value loyalty or long term effects.
I totally agree with you: MB isn’t taking any serious actions. Dealers don’t value loyalty or long term effects. Although Mercedes-Benz feels very innocent, Mercedes-Benz is also responsible, and I think an overall brand should include authorized dealers. After investigation, it seems that all Mercedes-Benz authorized dealers have taken a unified action, which shows that they have reached some dark agreements under the table, but Mercedes-Benz has not taken any serious actions against the authorized dealers. This is Mercedes-Benz mistake.I think these authorized dealers are breaking some laws.
Old 05-13-2022, 08:47 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 S Class
Originally Posted by Archiechen
I totally agree with you: MB isn’t taking any serious actions. Dealers don’t value loyalty or long term effects. Although Mercedes-Benz feels very innocent, Mercedes-Benz is also responsible, and I think an overall brand should include authorized dealers. After investigation, it seems that all Mercedes-Benz authorized dealers have taken a unified action, which shows that they have reached some dark agreements under the table, but Mercedes-Benz has not taken any serious actions against the authorized dealers. This is Mercedes-Benz mistake.I think these authorized dealers are breaking some laws.
i called all the dealers in NorCal (Bay Area, Sacramento) and central CA (Fresno, Chico and Bakersfield), everyone wanted 25k markups.

Old 05-13-2022, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLS 580
i called all the dealers in NorCal (Bay Area, Sacramento) and central CA (Fresno, Chico and Bakersfield), everyone wanted 25k markups.
Your dealer said $25K Markups is an EQS sedan or an EQS SUV. I got the message today that the EQS Sedan is definitely $75K markups. About the EQS SUV they only told me it should be about the same as the sedan, probably more, but not 100% sure. Because EQS SUVs are large EQS sedans, they're technical and material parameters are similar, so EQS SUVs cannot be cultivated much more than EQS sedans, they should be at the same level, and the price will definitely easily exceed $200K. I live in PA.
Old 05-13-2022, 09:52 PM

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
--
Perhaps ask Joe Ma who his dealer is? He lives in PA.
Old 05-14-2022, 07:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Eqs 580
Fairfield and Santa Rosa

A SA at Fairfield dealership took an MSRP order from us back in January or the EQS580 sedan. Told us they had no plans to go over MSRP. That SA has now changed to the service department, and no SA has returned our call about our order. We started on the list at number 12 in line. Now purportedly at number 7. No word on whether or not they actually took delivery and sold any EQS580's

Went into the Santa Rosa dealer today to order an EQS 580 SUV. SA told us that he could not take an order, but $1000 deposit gets us 8th place in line for an allocation. SA said he did not know pricing decisions regarding MSRP or not. They had two EQS 450 sedans on the lot.

Unlike dealers like Lexus, they had plenty of cars on the lot. Likely mostly ICE.

Is Fairfield or Santa Rosa telling different stories to others regarding MSRP for the sedan or SUV?

Old 05-14-2022, 08:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
Buyers need to stop giving in and paying over MSRP for any EQS, then dealers will be forced to stop the price gouging. I made it clear to my local SA that I would NOT pay a penny over MSRP for an EQS 580 SUV and that if they wanted more, I would be a pass. He agreed to sell me one at MSRP so I have an order request (no allocations yet) for an EQS 580 SUV. If they later change their mind and want over MSRP, I will not pay it. They can sell it to some other dummy.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:06 AM

2017 S Class
Originally Posted by Decaffe
A SA at Fairfield dealership took an MSRP order from us back in January or the EQS580 sedan. Told us they had no plans to go over MSRP. That SA has now changed to the service department, and no SA has returned our call about our order. We started on the list at number 12 in line. Now purportedly at number 7. No word on whether or not they actually took delivery and sold any EQS580's

Went into the Santa Rosa dealer today to order an EQS 580 SUV. SA told us that he could not take an order, but $1000 deposit gets us 8th place in line for an allocation. SA said he did not know pricing decisions regarding MSRP or not. They had two EQS 450 sedans on the lot.

Unlike dealers like Lexus, they had plenty of cars on the lot. Likely mostly ICE.

Is Fairfield or Santa Rosa telling different stories to others regarding MSRP for the sedan or SUV?
they told for me EQS 450 no markups and 580 demand is high due to hyperscreen and there will be a markup. May be it depends on SA and who takes the call. I will call them again later today.
Old 05-14-2022, 06:54 PM

2017 S Class
they told for me EQS 450 no markups and 580 demand is high due to hyperscreen and there will be a markup. May be it depends on SA and who takes the call. I will call them again later today.
I called Mercedes, FairField, CA today and seems they sell the cars at MSRP with no markups. They took my name, contact details and deposit.

Last edited by Fromsf; 05-15-2022 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-16-2022, 03:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I placed a order request a few months ago and was told at the time that the dealership would honor a straight up MSRP deal. Today I reached out to the SA to ask if there was any movement on allocations and he confirmed that the order was picked up and the car is scheduled to be built January 2023. He then conveniently mentioned that he would not know final pricing or market pricing until the car arrived. I reminded him I would not pay over MSRP. No reply from him. I waited about an hour and then informed him that if they would not honor an MSRP deal they would need to cancel my order immediately. He said he would keep the order but take my name off of it. What a way to run a business. I am done with them.
Old 06-16-2022, 04:15 PM

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
--
Originally Posted by JoeMa
I placed a order request a few months ago and was told at the time that the dealership would honor a straight up MSRP deal. Today I reached out to the SA to ask if there was any movement on allocations and he confirmed that the order was picked up and the car is scheduled to be built January 2023. He then conveniently mentioned that he would not know final pricing or market pricing until the car arrived. I reminded him I would not pay over MSRP. No reply from him. I waited about an hour and then informed him that if they would not honor an MSRP deal they would need to cancel my order immediately. He said he would keep the order but take my name off of it. What a way to run a business. I am done with them.
ix it is. These guys are going to regret these actions when the economy is in the toilet (headed there fast)
Old 06-16-2022, 04:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by bonboon
ix it is. These guys are going to regret these actions when the economy is in the toilet (headed there fast)
Our iX is in the paint booth and could be at the dealership in a few more weeks. Hopefully that deal doesn't go south. I'll watch for an EQS 580 SUV to land nearby in the future and have a look then.
Old 06-16-2022, 05:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by JoeMa
Our iX is in the paint booth and could be at the dealership in a few more weeks. Hopefully that deal doesn't go south. I'll watch for an EQS 580 SUV to land nearby in the future and have a look then.
My IX is already at the dealership. It arrived with a cracked grill so it can't be delivered for 3 weeks until they replace the grill. However we decided to decline the car. The market for these cars doesn't seem that robust and I'd rather not take a chance on the depreciation given the EQS SUV could be coming sooner than expected. Particularly with the 2023 almost out now.

You won't have an issue paying over MSRP on the IX. As far as I can tell nobody is paying over MSRP on the IX (they sell at MSRP) and used ones are slightly below MSRP.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 06-16-2022 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-17-2022, 09:11 AM

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts
2020 E53 CABRIOLET 2021 S580 (TRADED), 2023 EQS580 SEDAN SEDAN
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
I went in to a second Atlanta area dealer where I had a 580 deposit. I told them to roll the deposit over to the 580 SUV. They said they won't open the list until Mercedes opens ordering. However they said they will get back to me later in the week about the process. However we did not discuss pricing and I have a feeling they won't be at MSRP either. It's odd. BMW dealers on the IX 50i and IX M60 are all at MSRP as far as I can tell.
Just bear in mind the dealerships are independently owned, Mercedes like any other car manufacturer gives them a MSRP Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price, what they do with that is their business! We have two dealerships in town, one sells at MSRP, the other $30,000.00 over. Guess which one I ordered from? And talking about ordering, finally got a P.O. after almost seven month, build is scheduled for September.
Old 06-17-2022, 11:35 AM

Eqs 580
Originally Posted by ALANPRIEBE
Just bear in mind the dealerships are independently owned, Mercedes like any other car manufacturer gives them a MSRP Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price, what they do with that is their business! We have two dealerships in town, one sells at MSRP, the other $30,000.00 over. Guess which one I ordered from? And talking about ordering, finally got a P.O. after almost seven month, build is scheduled for September.
You are talking about the SUV or the sedan being built in September?
Old 06-17-2022, 11:36 AM

Eqs 580
Originally Posted by ALANPRIEBE
You are talking about the sedan or SUV being built in September?
Old 06-17-2022, 11:57 AM

Received 361 Likes on 257 Posts
'16 C450, '21 Dad Wagon Pilot, '22 Wrangler 4xe
Our dealership is MSRP on EQ cars for local and repeat customers ordering. Out of area buyers will be subject to a market adjustment as a means to vet shippers and flippers which is currently a huge issue.
Old 06-17-2022, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Decaffe
You are talking about the sedan or SUV being built in September?
Sedan, ordered it November 20, 2021
Old 06-19-2022, 12:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
N/A
I just put in an order for the EQS SUV this past week at MSRP (MB of Georgetown). Let's see if/when it gets built and whether it'll come as spec'd.
Old 06-19-2022, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by BadMojo
I just put in an order for the EQS SUV this past week at MSRP (MB of Georgetown). Let's see if/when it gets built and whether it'll come as spec'd.
GREAT, Hope all goes well!
Old 06-19-2022, 09:11 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
EQS
I got a message from my dealer (Hendrick Mercedes of Charlotte) that the vehicle is allocated to be built 1/10/23, FWIW I am at MSRP only
Old 06-20-2022, 01:41 PM

2017 S Class
I placed deposit with two dealers one in Bay Area (Fairfield) no markups and one in SoCal (+5K). I got allocation for the SoCal dealer and waiting for local bay area dealer to get allocation. I thought manufacturing will start in July/September seems now it starts only in Jan.
Old 06-20-2022, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by CincyMBGuy
Our dealership is MSRP on EQ cars for local and repeat customers ordering. Out of area buyers will be subject to a market adjustment as a means to vet shippers and flippers which is currently a huge issue.
I’m not convinced it is a good means to vet shippers. In my experience the shippers are the ones who will pay the highest prices because they can pass it on to their customers.

valid point with flippers though. That said and speaking from experience because a bought a stock car off the lot while waiting for my custom build - this is not a great car for flippers.
Old 06-20-2022, 04:37 PM

Received 361 Likes on 257 Posts
'16 C450, '21 Dad Wagon Pilot, '22 Wrangler 4xe
I’m not convinced it is a good means to vet shippers. In my experience the shippers are the ones who will pay the highest prices because they can pass it on to their customers.

valid point with flippers though. That said and speaking from experience because a bought a stock car off the lot while waiting for my custom build - this is not a great car for flippers.
Mercedes-Benz dings dealerships that have cars exported so it is a huge deal for us. If a vehicle leaves the country (in a legal manner where the VIN is recorded) within 12 months of the date it is purchased then the selling dealership will lose an allocation for that model the following year. it doesn't matter how many times that car changes hands either.

In the last few months they have really cracked down on it as exports increased. Previously, it was 6 months from the date of sale with some leniency. Now it is 12 months and zero tolerance.
Old 06-20-2022, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by CincyMBGuy
Mercedes-Benz dings dealerships that have cars exported so it is a huge deal for us. If a vehicle leaves the country (in a legal manner where the VIN is recorded) within 12 months of the date it is purchased then the selling dealership will lose an allocation for that model the following year. it doesn't matter how many times that car changes hands either.

In the last few months they have really cracked down on it as exports increased. Previously, it was 6 months from the date of sale with some leniency. Now it is 12 months and zero tolerance.
Got it. Do you have any advice for me how I sell my temporary EQS while avoiding this export risk (since I signed an agreement not to export the car)? I have been getting bids from dealers via car buying websites. I don't think a Mercedes dealer would sell it to an exporter, but I can't tell what a non Mercedes dealer might do. Usually these sites don't reveal the name of the dealer.
Old 06-20-2022, 05:27 PM

Got it. Do you have any advice for me how I sell my temporary EQS while avoiding this export risk (since I signed an agreement not to export the car)? I have been getting bids from dealers via car buying websites. I don't think a Mercedes dealer would sell it to an exporter, but I can't tell what a non Mercedes dealer might do. Usually these sites don't reveal the name of the dealer.
If you sell your car to a U.S. Dealer, why would it be your responsibility if he exports? Or am I missing something?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EQS SUV - MSRP Orders