Question about EQS SUV Option

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2022, 11:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi Q7
Question about EQS SUV Option

Hello All,

I recently put a deposit down on an EQS 580 SUV and had a few questions I cannot seem to get a straight answer for. Curious if anyone here may know

1. What type of adaptive cruise control does it come with? Can it lane keep and change lanes when needed or is it just standard cruise control?
2. I noticed that the order guide says it will come with Digital headlights. Anyone know if these are active in the USA and if they work like adaptive headlights in the rest of the world.
3. I know the SUV does not come with roof rails, but does the SUV have proper attachment points if I would want to purchase cross-bars? Since I got the third row, I cannot get a hitch and need a way to transport bikes.
4. In older press releases, I saw it said you can watch Netflix or other media content on the passages screen as long as that person had headphones and the driver was not looking at the screen. Is this still the case or was this removed?

Hoping to get mine before the end of the year!

Thank you everyone.
Old 09-18-2022, 06:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 406 Likes on 284 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
Originally Posted by yman182
Hello All,

I recently put a deposit down on an EQS 580 SUV and had a few questions I cannot seem to get a straight answer for. Curious if anyone here may know

1. What type of adaptive cruise control does it come with? Can it lane keep and change lanes when needed or is it just standard cruise control?
2. I noticed that the order guide says it will come with Digital headlights. Anyone know if these are active in the USA and if they work like adaptive headlights in the rest of the world.
3. I know the SUV does not come with roof rails, but does the SUV have proper attachment points if I would want to purchase cross-bars? Since I got the third row, I cannot get a hitch and need a way to transport bikes.
4. In older press releases, I saw it said you can watch Netflix or other media content on the passages screen as long as that person had headphones and the driver was not looking at the screen. Is this still the case or was this removed?

Thank you everyone.
Welcome to the forum. I'll take a swing at your questions:
  1. The system will keep you in the lanes and uses LiDar to maintain the distance from any car in front. Typical Level 2 system. Several articles suggest level 3 will be offered in the US in the future but not at launch.
  2. These are of course LCD but not active matrix. They do turn with you into corners.
  3. Not sure about this one but I would guess some 3rd party manufacturer will eventually offer cross-bars.
  4. I'm not 100% sure but would guess a front passenger would be able to watch a movie using headphones (Hyperscreen only of course). Not sure about the Netflix part.
Old 09-18-2022, 10:46 AM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
2020 Nissan Titan
Originally Posted by yman182
Hello All,

Thank you everyone.
Great questions! Speaking to Q#4, we test drove a 580 on Friday. A web browser was one of the main buttons on the screen, so we’re hoping (at the least) we could connect to Netflix, Prime, Hulu and YouTube that way. We didn’t explore the Media menu (with headphone icon) but no dedicated buttons to media providers were seen at the top line of the menus (a la Tesla).
Old 09-18-2022, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 815 Likes on 523 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Couple of adds:
1) Front headlights are the active matrix LED. However they don’t have that always on high beam function because it is restricted. I don’t know when or if they will unrestrict it. I haven’t seen anyone update headlamp programming to take advantage of new OEM rules.
2) the car can change lanes on cruise but you need to tell it to do so by engaging turn signal. Car will find gap and execute the maneuver while showing you its plans on the HUD