Wheels size

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2022, 05:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Porsche taycan
Wheels size

Hey guys,

I wanted to share my view on the wheels size and to know your opinion as well.

This days big wheels is what people want. The majority of drivers, not me, thinks that bigger wheels look nicer, more expensive and so on. Now, its true that the big wheels are visually more appealing BUT there should be a balance between the wheel and the tyre. It's wrong to increase the diameter by making the wheels larger and the tyre thinner. When I see an SUV( mascular vehicle especially when comparing to the sedan), which is also suppose to go off-road but this is another topic, with low tyre rims (speaking about 22") it's just look out of place to say the least.
Let's say that you actually like big wheels and low tyre rims, what the point to go for them when they offer more noise, less comfort and less range? Just because of aesthetic?

It was possible to put 20" on GLE and GLS with AMG package, but know with EQS SUV and probably with EQE SUV as well, it's starts from 21", which looks good, but I feel that 20" are already big enough and have a good proportion.
I'll will buy an EQE SUV and I want the AMG package with 20" wheels, probably will need to swap them with somebody or buy aftermarket.

I have a question for you. If all the wheels ranging from 20s to 22s would be of the same price, which one would you choose?
Old 09-29-2022, 05:39 AM

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
--
22s every day and twice on Sundays. Who is off-roading in this ?
Old 09-29-2022, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
It's hard to answer this without driving the car. What I can tell you is the suspension in the EQS sedan is so good that even with 21 inch runflats it rides very smoothly. If the EQS SUV is that smooth then 22s will be fine. I am not concerned about the 21s. The GLE is less smooth and I agree the 20s are preferred on the GLE which is the way our GLE450 is setup.
The following users liked this post:
victor234 (09-30-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 10:43 AM

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
--
Yeah i've driven almost exclusively on 22s the last 8-9 yrs and they have come really, really far. Even run flats ride nice if on the right vehicle
The following users liked this post:
victor234 (09-30-2022)