EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

We regret to inform you, your car was destroyed in the factory.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2022, 10:38 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
EQS
We regret to inform you, your car was destroyed in the factory.....

That's the call I just received on my EQS SUV from Hendrick Mercedes of Charlotte. I was order #001 on this car, waited, inquired daily on the car with no insight until now. The SA said the car was destroyed in the factory and that is the first time they have ever heard of this from the dealer perspective. He said they are working on another one for me with no insight if there's any kind of comp for the delay versus getting my money refunded and free to shop elsewhere. This is devastating. Has anyone ever experienced this?
Old 09-30-2022, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 927 Likes on 606 Posts
2019 SL550/2023 EQS 580 SUV
Interesting that yours is #1 and you did not receive it last month. Reports of the EQS SUV’s already showing up this last month and my dealer showed me a invoice of one coming in with # 2006. They must have a bunch stacked up ready to be shipped. Hang in there it will happen soon.
Old 09-30-2022, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,629 Posts
2019 C63CS
I don't know when production officially started and at what stage yours was when it got destroyed, but they had a fire at the battery plant where the EQS SUV is produced back in March. Not sure if this is related to yours or if they had another fire in the meantime. Haven't read anything in the news yet.

https://www.cbs42.com/alabama-news/c...n-bibb-county/

This is probably something that will increase in frequency. Battery fires are starting to happen everywhere. Just the other week here down in Moss Beach, CA one of PG&E's battery storage plant caught fire. Ultimately it's just a car, so calling it devastating is a bit much, no? As for the money, I hope you haven't paid for it yet. If you are talking about your deposit, that depends on your state. Here in CA, deposits are refundable by law.

Last edited by superswiss; 09-30-2022 at 12:06 PM.