EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

EQS SUV owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 09:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
Originally Posted by Ivan Neprin
Yep, it does work this way but not really Auto hold 😊
So what is Auto hold in a Tesla?
Old 10-13-2022, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MB EQS SUV 580
When you release acceleration pedal, vehicle breaking until full stop and and automatically sets to HOLD
If it needs to be happen before red light or STOP sign, break can be added to recup function to make sure it stops before the line.
So, no need to touch break pedal at all and what's why they call it "one pedal driving"

Not sure if Intelligent Recuperation works something like that, I think it's only if it sees the car in front. Need to test more, 30 miles not enough
Old 10-13-2022, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

When you release acceleration pedal, vehicle breaking until full stop and and automatically sets to HOLD
If it needs to be happen before red light or STOP sign, break can be added to recup function to make sure it stops before the line.
So, no need to touch break pedal at all and what's why they call it "one pedal driving"

Not sure if Intelligent Recuperation works something like that, I think it's only if it sees the car in front. Need to test more, 30 miles not enough
Correct, Intelligent Recuperation will only bring the car to a complete stop if there is a car in front of you that comes to a complete stop. It does not stop at red lights if there is no car in front of you. That said, it's still a bit early in the autonomous world for me to let the car make all the decisions. Level 3 is coming to the EQS SUV in a year or so and I trust MB will not release it as beta software. LOL
Old 10-13-2022, 09:36 AM

EQS SUV 450 4matic
Originally Posted by rhyb618
Picked mine up(580) yesterday!
Purchased an etron s two months ago but decided to move on to a better EV
Etron was great but the range was too short, apple car play only worked half the time and could not stand the constant rattle coming from all over the place.
I originally thought about custom ordering but when i found this car that had all the options i wanted(augmented reality hud, nappa leather and acoustic comfort package) I just decided to purchase this one.
it has all other options that i will never use(third row, rear entertainment system, wireless headset etc)
but i figured the ev tax credit will offset the cost and i would be able to get rid of the etron sooner

drove it for about 50 miles so far and the ride quality is not comparable to the etron. Smoother quieter and just feels luxurious in all aspect. Range seems to be much better and carplay gets connected with ease.
i also like the built in dash cam so i dont have to install a third party cam.
so far, very happy and 100 percent sure i will not be looking to sell this car in another few month

Can you post a pic of the front view of your car? I'm curious how the front license plate holder looks. Was it attached when you got the car? And did they drill into the bumper?
Old 10-13-2022, 11:01 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Eqs
How long did it take to activate all the services?
Its been three days and looks like some of the services are taking a very long time to get activated

Old 10-13-2022, 12:00 PM

Eqs
Originally Posted by GrapefruitOrang
Can you post a pic of the front view of your car? I'm curious how the front license plate holder looks. Was it attached when you got the car? And did they drill into the bumper?
I think the front plate holder came attached with the car and the dealer drilled in to the plate holder.
i do not know if the plate holder was drilled in to the bumper or not but the dealer did offer to take the plate holder out if i wasnt planning on putting the front plate on.

Last edited by rhyb618; 10-13-2022 at 12:03 PM.
Old 10-13-2022, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 926 Likes on 606 Posts
2019 SL550/2023 EQS 580 SUV
That plate holder actually doesn’t look too bad compared to others I have seen.
Old 10-13-2022, 12:31 PM

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts
2005 SL 500. 2015 S550. 2016 GLE400 2018 S560
On my previous S class the dealer attached the front plate holder to the bumper by drilling holes. I retired, bought a place in Florida and no longer needed a front plate. Well there were ugly holes in the bumper when I took the plate holder off. I ended up buying a Patriots plate and put that on to cover up the holes. I still buy cars from that dealer and make it clear to them not to attach the front plate holder when the car is delivered.
Old 10-13-2022, 12:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 Acura NSX
Originally Posted by GrapefruitOrang
I have a loaded MSRP $142k EQS 580 Suv coming in soon. I recently sat in a EQS rear drive with leather. I was not particularly impressed with the seating. I am hoping that the Napa leather seating is better. I could not find the adjustment for the bolster and lumbar on the door. Is it located somewhere on the seat? I also noted while driving that the car did not seem sure footed as is my 2020 Model X. I wondered if it was the rear steering. I will say that the rear steering makes a really big difference in doing a U turn. I was surprised how tight the turning circle was. I also played around with the regenerative braking. I will admit the Mod X is superior in that respect. I can truly use one foot driving. Perhaps over time Mercedes will provide software improvements to the car in that respect. While the doors are not self closing, they do close rather beautifully. I tried adjusting the sound on the Burmeister Stereo. I noticed that there was not adjustment for the subwoofer. I tried looing up the system and from what I can read there are two subs in the front wheel wells? Not sure why they would not allow adjustment. I am measuring the sound vs my Bowers & Wilkins system from my 2017 Volvo XC90 Plugin. It must be better or that is a deal killer. Car is definitely quieter than the model X. I dislike the large windshield in the Mod X as it allows too much sun in. The sun visors are a joke. We had the whole windshield tinted to try and fix the glare. Cost us $500 and was done twice as it is so difficult to do. In that respect the EQS does not have an issue. I was hopping for double Audi type Sun Visors. Sorry to rant

Last edited by drmanny3; 10-13-2022 at 01:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ivan Neprin (10-13-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,585 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by drmanny3
I have a loaded MSRP $142k EQS 580 Suv coming in soon. I recently sat in a EQS rear drive with leather. I was not particularly impressed with the seating. I am hoping that the Napa leather seating is better. I could not find the adjustment for the bolster and lumbar on the door. Is it located somewhere on the seat? I also noted while driving that the car did not seem sure footed as is my 2020 Model X. I wondered if it was the rear steering. I will say that the rear steering makes a really big difference in doing a U turn. I was surprised how tight the turning circle was. I also played around with the regenerative braking. I will admit the Mod X is superior in that respect. I can truly use one foot driving. Perhaps over time Mercedes will provide software improvements to the car in that respect. While the doors are not self closing, they do close rather beautifully. I tried adjusting the sound on the Burmeister Stereo. I noticed that there was not adjustment for the subwoofer. I tried looing up the system and from what I can read there are two subs in the front wheel wells? Not sure why they would not allow adjustment. I am measuring the sound vs my Bowers & Wilkins system from my 2017 Volvo XC90 Plugin. It must be better or that is a deal killer. Car is definitely quieter than the model X. I dislike the large windshield in the Mod X as it allows too much sun in. The sun visors are a joke. We had the whole windshield tinted to try and fix the glare. Cost us $500 and was done twice as it is so difficult to do. In that respect the EQS does not have an issue. I was hopping for double Audi type Sun Visors. Sorry to rant
-Lumbar and Side Bolsters are adjusted in the infotainment under the comfort menu.
-Napa Leather will be much higher quality.
-I have a feeling the B&W in your Volvo will be superior.
Old 10-13-2022, 01:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You can configure lumbar and bolsters on the main screen by tapping Home (twice to open Settings) > Comfort > Seat.

Both settings are very easy to adjust. Most everything you need to know can be found in the users manual.
Attached Thumbnails EQS SUV owners-bolsters.png  
Old 10-14-2022, 02:39 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2023 EQS 580 SUV Selenite Grey
JoeMa, I second your various postings on D-Auto, it is amazing. Ivan, this is my first EV so please post your thoughts as you drive more.

However, why did they not make this default the same way as the EQS Sedan.

EQS Sedan (Page 187):

EQS SUV (Page 202):

With D-Auto:
- If the road ahead has a slope downward, it tells me to get off the accelerator and coasts for me while maintaining a safe distance to the car in front
- If the car in front slows the car also slows it automatically switches to a stronger recuperation
- If I signal left or right, it uses the GPS [even when my navigation is not routing me anywhere!!] to correctly slow me to a speed to make the turn at the next intersection (awesome!). If your MB navigation is not routing, you have to time your signaling correctly, I was driving in an area where the roads are much closer and if I signal too early it thinks I am turning at the street ahead and switches to a stronger recuperation right away to slow me down faster. With MB navigation turned on, this did not occur at the same intersection.
- If the car ahead slows or comes to a stop, the car also stops right behind without me pressing the brake (I have only tried this 2-3 times as I am starting to trust DAuto more and more, but this is written in the manual).

A nice improvement (hopefully a software upgrade in the future), if it can read traffic signs, then why does it slow but not come to a complete stop when I am signaling to make a turn at an intersection that has a stop sign but no car ahead.

Last edited by mb_star; 10-14-2022 at 05:54 AM.
Old 10-14-2022, 06:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Good catch mb_star. I find it odd that the EQS SUV does not remember the last Recuperation mode you selected and restore that mode the next time you start the car. Hopefully the software engineers address it in an OTA update.
Old 10-14-2022, 10:21 PM

MB EQS SUV 580
Solved my concern about "Auto hold". Disabled "creeping" and now it doesn't move after full stop.
Old 10-15-2022, 01:04 PM

2017 Acura NSX
Solved my concern about "Auto hold". Disabled "creeping" and now it doesn't move after full stop.
My 2017 Acura NSX and my previous 2017 Volvo XC90 T8 did the same thing. You can come to a stop with the foot brake and the car will remain stationary. This is great if you find yourself on a steep grade, or just don't want to keep your foot on the brake. Once you hit the accelerator the car releases and moves forward. On the Tesla Model X 2020 that I currently have the one pedal driving will bring you to a complete stop and the car will not move even though you have never used the brake pedal. When you want to go you just put your foot on the accelerator and the car moves. The downside is that sometimes the regenerative brakes do not stop you as quickly as you might want. This is especially the case when you are coming downhill. The car weighs over 6000 lbs. and is heavy. So once it is moving, it is more difficult to stop. You might wonder what is the big deal? Just put your foot on the brake pedal if it is not stopping quickly enough. Well, the problem is I am currently trying to get the Autonomous Driving Beta software on my car. So you have to ask for it via software. When you do that the car begins to register your Safety Score. The Safety Score is made up of 5 items. See below. The problem is that if you add your foot to the brake during the regenerative braking, the car registers that as excessive braking and reduces your safety score. So the only way I can beat that is to apply the brakes gently and then lift off before the car has actually stopped and hope that it did not register. The other thing I get hit for is forward collision warning. I can be driving down the street and the car will ignore cars parked to the right. All of a suddenly the car can pick up one of the parked cars as being too close and you get the warning sign on the dash. Nothing happens, the car does not try and brake but you get dinged for points. You start at 100 and an incident like braking and forward collision can drop your score to 60 points. Over the long haul it gets averaged like a bowling score. At first, Tesla would only allow people with 98 points or better to get the Beta version of the Autonomous driving software. I have heard that it now has dropped to around 90 or better. A real pain in the ***. This is why you will see some Tesla drivers driving so damn slow and stopping so far from the intersection. Once you get the Beta version then the Safety Score thing is turned off as I understand.

The Five Safety Factors

There are five Safety Factors that impact your Safety Score. These are measured directly by your Tesla vehicle using various sensors on the vehicle and Autopilot software.

Forward Collision Warnings per 1,000 Miles
Forward Collision Warnings are audible and visual alerts provided to you, the driver, in events where a possible collision due to an object in front of the vehicle is considered likely without your intervention. Events are captured based on the 'medium' Forward Collision Warning sensitivity setting regardless of your user's setting in the vehicle. Forward Collision Warnings are incorporated into the Safety Score formula at a rate per 1,000 miles. The value is capped at 101.9 per 1,000 miles in the Safety Score formula.

Hard Braking
Hard braking is defined as backward acceleration, measured by your Tesla vehicle, in excess of 0.3g. This is the same as a decrease in the vehicle’s speed larger than 6.7 mph, in one second. Hard braking is introduced into the Safety Score formula as the proportion of time (expressed as a percentage) where the vehicle experiences backward acceleration greater than 0.3g relative to the proportion of time where the vehicle experiences backward acceleration greater than 0.1g (2.2 mph in one second). Hard braking while on Autopilot is not factored into the Safety Score formula. The percentage shown in the app is the percentage of manual braking that is done with excessive force when driving and Autopilot is not engaged. The value is capped at 7.4% in the Safety Score formula.

Aggressive Turning
Aggressive turning is defined as left/right acceleration, measured by your Tesla vehicle, in excess of 0.4g. This is the same as an increase in the vehicle’s speed to the left/right larger than 8.9 mph, in one second. Aggressive turning is introduced into the Safety Score formula as the proportion of time (expressed as a percentage) where the vehicle experiences lateral acceleration greater than 0.4g, in either the left or right direction, relative to the proportion of time where the vehicle experiences acceleration greater than 0.2g (4.5 mph in one second), in either the left or right direction. Aggressive turning while on Autopilot is not factored into the Safety Score formula. The percentage shown in the app is the percentage of turning that is done with excessive force when driving and Autopilot is not engaged. The value is capped at 17.1% in the Safety Score formula.

Unsafe Following
Your Tesla vehicle measures its own speed, the speed of the vehicle in front and the distance between the two vehicles. Based on these measurements, your vehicle calculates the number of seconds you would have to react and stop if the vehicle in front of you came to a sudden stop. This measurement is called “headway.” Unsafe following is the proportion of time where your vehicle’s headway is less than 1.0 seconds relative to the time that your vehicle’s headway is less than 3.0 seconds. Unsafe following is only measured when your vehicle is traveling at least 50 mph and is incorporated into the Safety Score formula as a percentage. Unsafe following while on Autopilot is not factored into the Safety Score formula. The percentage shown in the app is the percentage of unsafe following when driving and Autopilot is not engaged. The value is capped at 60.0% in the Safety Score formula.

Forced Autopilot Disengagement
The Autopilot system disengages for the remainder of a trip after you, the driver, have received three audio and visual warnings. These warnings occur when your Tesla vehicle has determined that you have removed your hands from the steering wheel and have become inattentive. Forced Autopilot Disengagement is introduced into the Safety Score formula as a 1 or 0 indicator. The value is 1 if the Autopilot system is forcibly disengaged during a trip, and 0 otherwise.
Old 10-17-2022, 01:28 PM

Eqs
Had the car for exactly a week and wanted to share my experience about the range of the car.
This is my second EV(Had the Etron S for only about 1300 miles) so I only have one car to compare it with.

Short distance driving
My commute to work is exactly 16 miles round trip. About 1mile city and 7 miles highway each way. A miles in the city takes about 20 minutes due to traffic so a lot of stop and go.
I always charge the battery to 80 percent
with the audi etron my battery charge dropped to 40 percent after a week of commute(4days), so 40 percent of battery for total of 64 miiles
with the eqs 580 my battery dropped to 67 percent after a week of commute, so 23 percent of battery for total of 64 miles

Over the weekend I did a 90 miles drive
about 10miles in the city(which took about 2 hours...) and 80 in the highway going about 7-80 mph
battery dropped from 80 to 51, so 29 percent of battery for 90 miles which calculates to a little more than 300miles on a full charge
when I made the exact same trip with the Etron, my battery level dropped more than 50 percent.

Overall I am very happy with the efficiency and the range of the EQS and happy I made the switch from the Audi
Seems like I will be keeping the car for a long time(3-4 years) so made a decision to get the car wrapped with xpel ppf film and black out the car a bit.
I will post pictures when the car is wrapped!
Old 10-17-2022, 02:12 PM

2017 Acura NSX
Thank you for your input on range. Any thoughts on the sound system? Did you have the entire car wrapped, or just the front? May I ask what the cost was for the wrap?
thanks
Old 10-17-2022, 05:04 PM

Eqs
Thank you for your input on range. Any thoughts on the sound system? Did you have the entire car wrapped, or just the front? May I ask what the cost was for the wrap?
thanks
i have not gotten it done yet, dropping off the car this week for about a week.
7500+ tax for the xpel ppf on the entire car
Old 10-22-2022, 09:28 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
EQS 580 SUV
Official owner today! I found mine in Fort Washington PA. Great dealer there. I fly to Philly Monday AM to pick it up and road trip back to Chicago. Will report my range and charging experience.

anyone done tint yet? Trying to determine what % the rear pax windows are, will be matching the front.

The following users liked this post:
QuadBenz (10-23-2022)
Old 10-22-2022, 09:43 PM

2017 Acura NSX
Excellent! Enjoy your drive home. In California we cannot tint the front windows. So no way to match the rears. On our Tesla Mod X I tinted the fronts with 35 ceramic to cut out the UV. We did the Windshield in 50. The Tesla windshield is so big and the visors are worthless. When we get the 580 SUV I will probably just do the side windows and hope not to get caught.
Old 10-22-2022, 10:09 PM

EQS 580 SUV
Excellent! Enjoy your drive home. In California we cannot tint the front windows. So no way to match the rears. On our Tesla Mod X I tinted the fronts with 35 ceramic to cut out the UV. We did the Windshield in 50. The Tesla windshield is so big and the visors are worthless. When we get the 580 SUV I will probably just do the side windows and hope not to get caught.
Yes, I'm also coming from the Model X, Looking forward to the change with more LUXURY!

I feel like it maybe 20% in the rear.
Old 10-23-2022, 02:15 AM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
Congrats. Car looks great!
Old 10-23-2022, 10:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Congratulations, looks very good in gray! You’re going to love it.
Old 10-23-2022, 11:03 AM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
I had to delay my pickup a few days so it will happen later this week instead Monday. So pls keep us updated on your experience with activation of Mercedes Me and the charging experience on the drive back. I'm going to do the same thing later this week from Oklahoma City to Austin
Old 10-25-2022, 12:19 PM

EQS 580 SUV
Ivan, where is the disable for creeping? I searched everywhere but could not find it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EQS SUV owners