580 SUV sudden battery malfunction issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2022, 08:54 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
535i
Originally Posted by bpans
Any update from folks who reported the issues? @MrDue @580selblack @Ivan Neprin
I am probably jinxing myself right now .. but the issue has not returned for more than a month for me. 🤞
Old 12-22-2022, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eqs 450+
Had the problem occur to me at about 1400 miles on the odometer. Waited 3 hrs for the tow truck (luckily car was 10mins walking distance from the house in a shopping center parking lot). When the tow truck arrived the car just turned on without any issue.
drove the car to the dealership and they kept it for a week (without loaner argghhh) and did some SW updates and a test drive. They didn’t repair anything physically so just a waiting game to see if it will happen again or if the SW update fixes the issue. Eqs 450+ suv
Old 12-26-2022, 04:39 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
535i
Originally Posted by hamza_s
Had the problem occur to me at about 1400 miles on the odometer. Waited 3 hrs for the tow truck (luckily car was 10mins walking distance from the house in a shopping center parking lot). When the tow truck arrived the car just turned on without any issue.
drove the car to the dealership and they kept it for a week (without loaner argghhh) and did some SW updates and a test drive. They didn’t repair anything physically so just a waiting game to see if it will happen again or if the SW update fixes the issue. Eqs 450+ suv
sorry to hear this .. such a nightmare to have to constantly worry about this problem after forking more than 100k 😔
Old 12-28-2022, 12:34 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
2014 E250 Diesel, 2015 S550, 2023 EQS SUV 450+
Originally Posted by Utopia Texas
I’ve never met a salesman that knew more about the car or truck I was buying than I did…
While I agree with this I will also say both my SA and DA at my dealership were pretty knowledgable...the DA more than than SA...but both pretty knowledgable. I did ask about EV Service expertise and they only had 1 service techician fully certified with a second to be fully certified by year end.
Old 05-21-2023, 12:49 AM

EQS 450+ SUV, AMG GT Roadster, S550
Got the same message today so had to get the car towed. Car was at 70% charge. Also the charging bay door would not open either. Interestingly, with recent advent of hot weather, I was using AC a lot then intermittently started hearing some sort of loud fan running under to the point where the steering wheel was vibrating as well. Cooling fan?
Old 08-25-2023, 06:00 PM

EQS-580
@MercedesBenzUSA I purchased EQS-580 pinnacle a month back. Everything was going well until last week when right after my work, when I tried to turn on my car, it failed to start and disable all its system. The error message on the screen was battery malfunction error. The Me Connect app was not working too. It threw some 12 V critical battery error. I got stuck with non functional car for almost 2 hrs when outside temperature was 95F. After multiple failures, it finally started by itself.
I am worried and concerned on the safety of the EQS model. Later I read online in many blogs that this is a know issue on EQS-580 and now I am worried that why this has not been fixed yet by Mercedes.

Critical 12V battery malfunction error. Towing not permitted.

Malfunction error
Old 08-25-2023, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 926 Likes on 606 Posts
2019 SL550/2023 EQS 580 SUV
Originally Posted by whyeqssuv
Got the same message today so had to get the car towed. Car was at 70% charge. Also the charging bay door would not open either. Interestingly, with recent advent of hot weather, I was using AC a lot then intermittently started hearing some sort of loud fan running under to the point where the steering wheel was vibrating as well. Cooling fan?
I use the phone app to pre-cool my 580 SUV when it’s over 90F outside and leaving home or the grocery store and when doing so the outside fan is always on high. This works the same way as a home AC unit. The fan is necessary to cool the Freon until the vehicle is moving and natural air is flowing through the AC coils. On a ICE vehicle you don’t notice the noise as much due to the engine running.
Old 08-25-2023, 06:40 PM

EQS-580
The Me Connect app was down too and I always start the pre entry climate control but that day it was not letting me enable that function too. Really concerned on the whole situation

QUOTE=Utopia Texas;8836471]I use the phone app to pre-cool my 580 SUV when it’s over 90F outside and leaving home or the grocery store and when doing so the outside fan is always on high. This works the same way as a home AC unit. The fan is necessary to cool the Freon until the vehicle is moving and natural air is flowing through the AC coils. On a ICE vehicle you don’t notice the noise as much due to the engine running.[/QUOTE]