EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

My new EQS 580

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 01:11 AM

Received 85 Likes on 57 Posts
My new EQS 580

Well, I had one on order to be build at the end of November, but I ended up finding another car that someone backed out of and I ended up purchasing it over the weekend so I can get the tax credit. Even though it is not the Selenite Grey color I had initially ordered, it is Polar White with Porcelain Beige (805) interior, fully loaded with every possible option and it looks great. I found it in Oklahoma City (about 6hrs from Austin) and so I will go up next Monday and drive it back down. Dealer sold it to me at MSRP and I pulled the trigger before interest rates go up again in 2 weeks. It will be a good test of range and charging, but I have to admit, I'm not sure what to expect on that drive back home as this is our first EV experience. Will post some pics when I pick it up! My Chargepoint Home Flex comes in tomorrow and now I just have to get the plug wired and I'm ready to go!
Old 10-17-2022, 06:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 406 Likes on 284 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
Congrats. Ask the concierge to help you activate Mercedes me charging through the app so you can take advantage of 30 minute free charging sessions at any Electrify America DC fast chargers.

The Porcelain Beige (805) interior is an incorrect description that started showing up in NetStar recently. The window sticker will show it as (805) Macchiato/Magma Grey Nappa Leather which is correct according to the DOG.
The following users liked this post:
BenjaminKohl (10-18-2022)
Old 10-17-2022, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,586 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Congrats! Be sure to post pics and keep us updated on your charging journey home as soon as the car arrives,
Old 10-17-2022, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by JoeMa
Congrats. Ask the concierge to help you activate Mercedes me charging through the app so you can take advantage of 30 minute free charging sessions at any Electrify America DC fast chargers.

The Porcelain Beige (805) interior is an incorrect description that started showing up in NetStar recently. The window sticker will show it as (805) Macchiato/Magma Grey Nappa Leather which is correct according to the DOG.
Good catch, I have to update my signature accordingly!
Old 10-17-2022, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by abhansali
Good catch, I have to update my signature accordingly!
I'm guessing the dealership emailed you a build sheet that shows the interior as Porcelain Beige (805), correct? Hopefully MB is working on updating NetStar so buyers (and dealers) see the correct names for all available options.
Old 10-17-2022, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by JoeMa
I'm guessing the dealership emailed you a build sheet that shows the interior as Porcelain Beige (805), correct? Hopefully MB is working on updating NetStar so buyers (and dealers) see the correct names for all available options.
Yes, that is where I got the incorrect name from.
Old 10-17-2022, 03:13 PM

Received 152 Likes on 114 Posts
2005 SL 500. 2015 S550. 2016 GLE400 2018 S560
My original Netstar printout has 805 Macchiato Beige/Space Grey Nappa leather for my EQS sedan (which hopefully is correct). The current Netstar printout has 805 Porcelain/ Espresso Brown nappa leather. I think the porcelain may be a European color.
Old 10-17-2022, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 815 Likes on 523 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by Radman991
My original Netstar printout has 805 Macchiato Beige/Space Grey Nappa leather for my EQS sedan (which hopefully is correct). The current Netstar printout has 805 Porcelain/ Espresso Brown nappa leather. I think the porcelain may be a European color.
No it's a description error caused by an IT migration at Mercedes. You have what your original printout stated.
Radman991 (10-17-2022)
Old 10-17-2022, 07:11 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
535i
Make sure you set up the Mercedes me charge services fully before you drive back or else you will not get free charging. Plug and charge service took 3 days to activate for me.
Old 10-18-2022, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by 580selblack
Make sure you set up the Mercedes me charge services fully before you drive back or else you will not get free charging. Plug and charge service took 3 days to activate for me.
Can you clarify what you mean? I was thinking that when I pick up the car at the dealership, they will help me get everything setup on my phone and that I should be good to go when I drive out of the parking lot. Is that not the case? If it takes 3 days to activate, then can I do it before I pick up the car, or is it something you need to be physically with the car to do?
Old 10-18-2022, 07:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by abhansali
Can you clarify what you mean? I was thinking that when I pick up the car at the dealership, they will help me get everything setup on my phone and that I should be good to go when I drive out of the parking lot. Is that not the case? If it takes 3 days to activate, then can I do it before I pick up the car, or is it something you need to be physically with the car to do?
Mercedes me Charge did not activate for me the day we took delivery but the concierge did not walk me through the process of activating all of the available services. One important step I needed to complete on the 'Mercedes me' app was the Identity Verification check. Once I completed it I was able to lock/unlock the car remotely from the app. As I recall, Mercedes me Charging activated a few days later. This may all be circumvented at the dealership with help from the concierge so be sure they walk you through setting up the app before they send you on your way. There are several setup steps performed through the Infotainment screen as well that concierge will walk you though. It feels like a lot at first but after a few days you'll feel right at home in your new EQS SUV. My wife and I love ours.
Old 10-18-2022, 12:13 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2023 EQS 580 SUV Selenite Grey
The two services you will need to ensure are activated are Mercedes me charge and Plug & Charge. The later allows you to go to any (I have only tried Electrify America so far) and charge without an account from that provider [or so our concierge has told us]. What also helped is that we went online to setup the Mercedes me Connect accounts ahead of time as well and we just provided our account emails/phone number to have the services activated.

There is however a note in my email on the day we picked up the car:

It may take up to 5 hours to complete the activation.
We wish you much pleasure with your Mercedes me connect services!
JoeMa (10-18-2022)
Old 10-18-2022, 05:12 PM

Good thing is that from Oklahoma City we will come first to Dallas and stop their overnight at my brother in law's place. That is 200 miles and should be doable on the full charge worse case. But I want to try out the charging and there are multiple EA supercharging stations (150kwh/350kwh) along the way (mostly in Walmart parking lots). My BIL has a Taycan EV so I can charge using his charger if my account does not get activated, so I can make it back to Austin the next day.

It is an interesting paradigm shift to have to plan out how to "fuel" your car, but I'm sure it is something I will get used to pretty quickly.