EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

EQS 580 Hyperscreen failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB
EQS 580 Hyperscreen failure

Are any of you guys having issues with the main/middle hyperscreen going black ? The screen on my 580 goes out at random (though generally after driving for a while), however, the touch function still works. It does turn back on after leaving the car off for about 1 to 2 hours. I have an appointment w/ the MB dealer to look into it further but a mystery for now.

Last edited by jts_01; 10-17-2022 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-17-2022, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
Sorry to hear that but thankfully I haven't seen that happen. Please keep us updated as you learn more.
Old 10-18-2022, 07:36 AM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
EQS
I have not had that issue
Old 10-18-2022, 10:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,936 Likes on 3,099 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by jts_01
Are any of you guys having issues with the main/middle hyperscreen going black ? The screen on my 580 goes out at random (though generally after driving for a while), however, the touch function still works. It does turn back on after leaving the car off for about 1 to 2 hours. I have an appointment w/ the MB dealer to look into it further but a mystery for now.
Sorry to hear. Hopefully MB takes care of you in line with the price level of the vehicle.
Old 10-18-2022, 11:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

This vehicle has so much advanced tech that I do worry a bit about things like this happening with ours. Hopefully MB is building a parts inventory quickly to more easily swap out components that fail. If a battery would fail, I can only image the wait time for a replacement. A friend who owns a Tesla Model Y got a battery failure message a few months ago. Tesla sent a flatbed to bring it to a repair center. It was a month until he got it back. No charge of course but no loaner either. My dealership would provide a loaner if they needed to keep it for any repairs. An important distinction between a luxury brand and many other brands.

For me its a real head-scratcher why Tesla buyers are paying luxury brand prices but getting few luxury appointments or the advantage of a local service department and a free loaner.

Proof of Tesla MX pricing:
Model X in black with 7 seats and enhanced autopilot is $137,690
Model X Plaid is $151,990

Of course our EQS SUV doesn’t do 0-60 at light speed but the comfort, ride, and tech outshine the Model X in ever way. Tesla is over price on this model and I would expect future buyers looking for a luxury SUV will shop somewhere other than Tesla.

Last edited by JoeMa; 10-18-2022 at 02:44 PM.
Old 10-18-2022, 02:18 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
2023 Mercedes ESQ SUV 580 ● 2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Originally Posted by JoeMa
For me its a real head-scratcher why Tesla buyers are paying luxury brand prices but getting few luxury appointments or the advantage of a local service department and a free loaner.
I've owned my 2017 Tesla Model S since new. It was the only high-end EV available until recently. At the time I bought it, the Tesla service center did have free loaners. But in the last few years I have been reading in the Tesla Forums that many service centers throughout the country only give Uber credits. But in Las Vegas, they will give you a free Enterprise rental.

I have been very happy with my Model S during the last 5.5 years, but I felt that it was time to step up to the engineering and service that Mercedes affords. I will miss the full-time, rear facing camera, though.
Old 10-18-2022, 05:20 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
This vehicle has so much advanced tech that I do worry a bit about things like this happening with ours. Hopefully MB is building a parts inventory quickly to more easily swap out components that fail. If a battery would fail, I can only image the wait time for a replacement. A friend who owns a Tesla Model Y got a battery failure message a few months ago. Tesla sent a flatbed to bring it to a repair center. It was a month until he got it back. No charge of course but no loaner either. My dealership would provide a loaner if they needed to keep it for any repairs. An important distinction between a luxury brand and many other brands.

Proof of Tesla MX pricing:
Model X in black with 7 seats and enhanced autopilot is $137,690
Model X Plaid is $151,990

Of course our EQS SUV doesn’t do 0-60 at light speed but the comfort, ride, and tech outshine the Model X in ever way. Tesla is over price on this model and I would expect future buyers looking for a luxury SUV will shop somewhere other than Tesla.
I think the world will change very fast for Tesla. They already had a drop in sales last quarter. https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/02/busin...rop/index.html
I know they will blame the supply chain, but how do they account for the tremendous increase in competition from Kia, Ford, MB, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Polestar, Lucid, etc, and not just against one or 2 of their models, but they have stiff competition against all their models whether it be the 3, Y, S or X and even in segments that they have not entered in yet (i.e. Rivian vs. CyberTruck). In my opinion, they don't have the ability to scale like the established manufacturers and the evidence is in the fact that they can't seem to ship the Cybertruck or the Roadster, while MB just launched (or is launching) 6-7 models in the last 18 months with variants and options to hit all different price ranges with more to come. Their only plus point is the supercharging network, but they are already opening this up to everyone and with the billions in incentives in the new inflation bill, I think we will see superchargers popup everywhere in the next 2 yrs. Maybe why Musk is looking to get into Twitter, SpaceX or other businesses.

The following 2 users liked this post by abhansali:
JoeMa (10-18-2022), manitou202 (10-18-2022)
Old 10-18-2022, 09:39 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,936 Likes on 3,099 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by abhansali
I think the world will change very fast for Tesla. They already had a drop in sales last quarter. https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/02/busin...rop/index.html
I know they will blame the supply chain, but how do they account for the tremendous increase in competition from Kia, Ford, MB, BMW, Audi, Porsche, Polestar, Lucid, etc, and not just against one or 2 of their models, but they have stiff competition against all their models whether it be the 3, Y, S or X and even in segments that they have not entered in yet (i.e. Rivian vs. CyberTruck). In my opinion, they don't have the ability to scale like the established manufacturers and the evidence is in the fact that they can't seem to ship the Cybertruck or the Roadster, while MB just launched (or is launching) 6-7 models in the last 18 months with variants and options to hit all different price ranges with more to come. Their only plus point is the supercharging network, but they are already opening this up to everyone and with the billions in incentives in the new inflation bill, I think we will see superchargers popup everywhere in the next 2 yrs. Maybe why Musk is looking to get into Twitter, SpaceX or other businesses.
Tesla will be left in the the dust by the majors. Wait until Toyota gets serious about EV, which they will do, eventually.

By that time, VW, Ford, GM, Stellantis, BMW and Mercedes will have engulfed Tesla market share-wise.
Old 10-19-2022, 07:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Appears I opened a can of worms bringing up Tesla. 🙂
The following 2 users liked this post by JoeMa:
chassis (10-19-2022), PhilipHanser (10-20-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 07:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 926 Likes on 606 Posts
2019 SL550/2023 EQS 580 SUV
Appears I opened a can of worms bringing up Tesla. 🙂

The following 2 users liked this post by Utopia Texas:
chassis (10-19-2022), JoeMa (10-19-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 12:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mercedes benz EQS580
Software update

I have had the same issue on both EQS 580s. The dealer had to do a full software update and it appears to have cleared the issue. The screen would blank out momentarily and then go back to the MB EQ screen as if reloading. The update deleted all the profiles and you may need to renter all of your preferences.
The following users liked this post:
PhilipHanser (10-20-2022)
Old 10-19-2022, 01:04 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
535i
Tesla paved the way for widespread EV adoption and they deserve credit for it. However they are rapidly falling behind other manufacturers who are clearly leapfrogging them by building better cars - especially X and Y models are in trouble as it stands today. The super charger network is nice but not a deal winner, since majority of charging happens at home anyways. It is possible that Tesla will go back into hyper innovation mode and leap frog back. This is all exciting and great (and confusing ) for the consumer !!
Old 02-03-2023, 03:33 PM

MB
Well it has been in the shop for close to 30 days. Software update did not fix it. Next will be to replace the screen per engineers in Germany.
Old 11-13-2023, 07:46 AM

eqs580suv
hyper screen intermittent failure

Originally Posted by jts_01
Yes ours goes of intermittently while driving. Generally once every hour but it is random. At first it came back itself almost immediately. Now we have to switch it back on. We have had all the updates but it still does it. Our fear is because its intermittent Mercedes will take a long time to sort it.
Old 11-14-2023, 08:34 PM

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
2023 EQS 580 4Matic SUV
My went blank once, sometime within 3 months of ownership. Holding the power button or restarting the car several time and it still won't turn on. Left it parking overnight and the next morning it came back on. I haven't had an issue since. Dozens of issues occurred within the first 3-4 months. I haven't seen it came back as of now (11 months) There was an OTA updated a few days ago. I saw the message on my app. I wonder what this was for.