Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2022, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 763 Likes on 496 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
First world problems.
Most problems with luxury products are first world problems.
The following users liked this post:
E55Greasemonkey (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 01:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 921 Likes on 605 Posts
2019 SL550/2023 EQS 580 SUV
Manufacturers are not cutting accessories on purpose and one can go elsewhere if they think it will be any different….
Old 11-07-2022, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
https://www.coxautoinc.com/market-in...eptember-2022/
Old 11-08-2022, 04:57 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
2023 Mercedes ESQ SUV 580 ● 2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge
To get back to the origins of this thread, does anyone have any updates on available wood trim choices?
Old 11-08-2022, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by LasVegas_89135
To get back to the origins of this thread, does anyone have any updates on available wood trim choices?
There are three trim choices:
  • Walnut with aluminum lines
  • Magnolia with Aluminum stars
  • Anthracite natural grain

I was at my local dealer in Atlanta and saw 7 EQS580s on the lot. Between them all trims were evident.

So while there may be shortages that affect individual builds, all three trims are being produced in some capacity.
Old 05-13-2024, 10:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 gle43 AMG SUV
Interesting discussion. In my opinion, the key problem here is Mercedes' inability to properly manage their supply chain and Mercedes customers inability to say NO. To my knowledge no other car maker let's you configure and order a car, then changes the spec's on you at the last minute. The time to let a buyer know a feature/spec is unavailable is when you are building/configuring the vehicle. Then you can make a decision to accept, re-configure or move on to another vehicle. If you accept an order, you should have the inventory or manufacturing capacity to deliver. I can understand why this balance was destroyed by Covid but we are beyond that now. If enough customers start walking away from this automakers inability to properly manage it's supply chain maybe they will fix it. If I order a car, I want the car EXACTLY the way I built it. Mercedes has gotten to the point that they almost ignore what customers want and just give them what they have. That's BS. Also, if Mercedes does not get a customers order right, then they should let you re-order and put you at the front of the queue instead of making you wait another 3-4 months to get the car you want.
Old 05-13-2024, 11:12 PM

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by kontiki
Interesting discussion. In my opinion, the key problem here is Mercedes' inability to properly manage their supply chain and Mercedes customers inability to say NO. To my knowledge no other car maker let's you configure and order a car, then changes the spec's on you at the last minute. The time to let a buyer know a feature/spec is unavailable is when you are building/configuring the vehicle. Then you can make a decision to accept, re-configure or move on to another vehicle. If you accept an order, you should have the inventory or manufacturing capacity to deliver. I can understand why this balance was destroyed by Covid but we are beyond that now. If enough customers start walking away from this automakers inability to properly manage it's supply chain maybe they will fix it. If I order a car, I want the car EXACTLY the way I built it. Mercedes has gotten to the point that they almost ignore what customers want and just give them what they have. That's BS. Also, if Mercedes does not get a customers order right, then they should let you re-order and put you at the front of the queue instead of making you wait another 3-4 months to get the car you want.
I hope you know that you are replying to a 1 1/2 year old thread.
Most of the supply chain issues have been resolved, and I don't expect this to happen if you order a car now.
Old 05-13-2024, 11:30 PM

2018 gle43 AMG SUV
This is still happening! I personally just ordered a car and the sales rep informed me that more than likely I can expect changes during the build process but he would do his best to inform me. Advised they would fully refund the deposit if I did not want the car absent any features I ordered.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:53 PM

2024 Mercedes EQS 450 4MATIC
Originally Posted by kontiki
This is still happening! I personally just ordered a car and the sales rep informed me that more than likely I can expect changes during the build process but he would do his best to inform me. Advised they would fully refund the deposit if I did not want the car absent any features I ordered.
I ordered a 2024 EQS SUV in January and when it arrived in late April it did not have the winter package I ordered. They were able to install the heated front seats and steering wheel instead, but not the heated rear seats. I never got a satisfactory explanation.
Old 05-17-2024, 06:24 AM

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by Davemayo70
I ordered a 2024 EQS SUV in January and when it arrived in late April it did not have the winter package I ordered. They were able to install the heated front seats and steering wheel instead, but not the heated rear seats. I never got a satisfactory explanation.
I think someone messed up when they put in the order.
Old 05-17-2024, 06:26 AM

2024 Mercedes EQS 450 4MATIC
Originally Posted by nosnoop
I think someone messed up when they put in the order.
ir’s possible, but we double checked the order several times. I suspect it was a parts availability issue.