EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

USB-C's stopped working, Mercedes Me Offline, Electrify America Charge & Go stopped

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2022, 11:02 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
EQS
USB-C's stopped working, Mercedes Me Offline, Electrify America Charge & Go stopped

My car is starting to act buggy, I did a vehicle system reset and now everything seems buggy!

1) Mercedes Me connect is OFFLINE- The car though is connected to the internet as I open a browser on one of the screens and it works fine. Do not know why this is happening.

2) USB-C- was raining yesterday and I had left the sunroof open inadvertently for 30 min, now none of the chargers work

3) Plug N Charge- the car is not doing the handshake anymore at the EA stations, I am having to pay out of pocket with the EA app, do not know how this has occurred

Any tips/pointers?
The following users liked this post:
pouriania (08-18-2023)
Old 11-12-2022, 11:16 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
For #3 - my dealer told me that if this happens you can swipe the 2 year free key card they gave me. They said this should then recognize and give the free charging.

But of course, I would first run to the dealer and have them look at everything...
Old 11-12-2022, 11:50 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
EQS
Originally Posted by abhansali
For #3 - my dealer told me that if this happens you can swipe the 2 year free key card they gave me. They said this should then recognize and give the free charging.

But of course, I would first run to the dealer and have them look at everything...
I never got that card, will ask the dealer
Old 11-13-2022, 12:17 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 Acura NSX
If rain got into the car, perhaps the USB-C shorted. Are there fuses that can be checked? Make sure you dry out any lingering moisture.
The electrical fuses are located in various fuse
boxes:
R Fuse box on the driver's side of the cockpit
(/ page 417)
R Fuse box in the front passenger footwell
(/ page 417)
R Fuse box under the cargo floor (/ page 418)
Opening and closing the fuse box in the cockpit
R Observe the notes on electrical fuses
(/ page 416).
The fuse box is on the driver's side on the side of
the cockpit under a cover.
# Mercedes-Benz recommends you have the
fuse box opened at an authorized Mercedes-
Benz Center.
Opening and closing the fuse box in the front
passenger footwell
Requirements
R Observe the notes on electrical fuses
(/ page 416).
Right-hand drive vehicles: the fuse box is on the
left side

Last edited by drmanny3; 11-13-2022 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-18-2023, 09:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQS 450
Originally Posted by thebigkat82
My car is starting to act buggy, I did a vehicle system reset and now everything seems buggy!

1) Mercedes Me connect is OFFLINE- The car though is connected to the internet as I open a browser on one of the screens and it works fine. Do not know why this is happening.

2) USB-C- was raining yesterday and I had left the sunroof open inadvertently for 30 min, now none of the chargers work

3) Plug N Charge- the car is not doing the handshake anymore at the EA stations, I am having to pay out of pocket with the EA app, do not know how this has occurred

Any tips/pointers?
I have this problem right now, is your fixed now? do you know what was the issue?
Old 08-18-2023, 09:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EQS SUV 450 4MATIC
Happened to me about 2 months ago

Same issues, although not due to rain via open roof. No USB-C, no connectivity to Mercedes Me…
Took the car in for repair. Took 10 days to identify that the issue is a short circuit with the control board that controls all telematics functions.
Was told 6 weeks ago that control unit is on back order. Service manager has ghosted me for the past 2 weeks since I started asking for an update.
The following users liked this post:
pouriania (08-18-2023)
Old 08-18-2023, 10:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQS 450
Originally Posted by rokunator
Same issues, although not due to rain via open roof. No USB-C, no connectivity to Mercedes Me…
Took the car in for repair. Took 10 days to identify that the issue is a short circuit with the control board that controls all telematics functions.
Was told 6 weeks ago that control unit is on back order. Service manager has ghosted me for the past 2 weeks since I started asking for an update.
that's crazy, I would go for the lemon law, California has lemon law which says if dealer cannot fix your car in 6 or 8 weeks, they have to either take it back or give you a new one.