EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Received A Phone Call Of Apology From Lucid Today….

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2022, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 926 Likes on 606 Posts
2019 SL550/2023 EQS 580 SUV
Received A Phone Call Of Apology From Lucid Today….

I won’t go into the three year roller coaster ride I had with my deposit on a Grand Touring at Lucid, the cra**y attitude towards customers and subsequent number of complaints from acquaintances met during the journey. I could write a book and canceled my order right at production 4 months ago. Received a phone call today saying they wanted my business back and would charge the original price and have a unit within 10 days. No thank you Lucid. I love my EQS…..😊
The following 3 users liked this post by Utopia Texas:
dblankenbaker (11-22-2022), JoeMa (11-15-2022), stewartmmorris (11-16-2022)
Old 11-16-2022, 08:25 AM

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
EQS 450X4 SUV, Rivian R1T
Interesting. I had an early Grand Touring order, locked last November and was given a delivery date of Feb/Mar. By April they had pushed the delivery to June/July so I cancelled the order. I wasn't thrilled with the continuous delays and at the time people taking delivery were reporting a lot of issues. Not to mention I really wanted an SUV not a sedan.

It seems like they have improved the software significantly with the latest update. They seem to have a similar number of issues as Rivian. We took delivery of our Rivian in August and it's been mostly trouble free outside of some rattles. However my Rivian was $75k and the Lucid was going to cost $140k. That's a significant difference for taking on the risk of a new automaker.

I will consider their new Gravity SUV if they work out their production issues and appear to be more stable by then. If not we will keep the EQS for at least 3-5 years.

The following users liked this post:
tiri (11-18-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 09:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
EQS 450+ SUV
I have seen only one so far and it looked great. Its a good looking car but have also read there are many issues. No thanks. Love the Mercedes!