One Month Update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2022, 01:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by icwhatudidthere
So this is the Mercedes rep explaining why the recuperation setting resets at startup:

https://youtu.be/LcloNK6FCQg?t=744

I guess it makes sense to me why they force it as a manufacturer. But as JoeMa suggested, loading the customer's preferences should override it automatically. If their reasoning is that they don't want to force a customer into D-, certainly a user's own preferences mean they are not being forced into it and actually choosing it.
That is a PR answer. I've been on enough press launches/drives to hear PR folks take what they think they know and spin it into sounding authoritative. There is nothing in NHTSA/EPA regulations that I am familiar with that precludes a feature that actually improves fuel consumption over the label value. The German mindset is very "by the book" so they may have an internal policy of the vehicle returning to the original setting each time to match the exact efficiency, but unless someone knows a specific rule to the contrary, that is not a regulatory issue.

Last edited by Sportstick; 12-11-2022 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-11-2022, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 803 Likes on 635 Posts
Reverting to factory default settings has been an issue with virtually all MB models.
My '18 E300 doesn't keep the seat settings if someone opens the passage from the trunk to the cabin.
It reverts to comfort mode driving each time the car is started.
It forgets what profile was last in use.

I liked the was BMW stored such things in the key fob in use when the settings were made. Each driver/key had unique settings.
Old 12-11-2022, 02:28 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
EQS 450+ SUV
I now have a recurring bug in my software. I have my EQS set up to use easy exit. When I return it is suposed to load my profile and put the seat in "my position". Unfortunately it is only doing that about 3 out of 4 times. Sometimes it does not load the right seat position and I have to press the #1 memory (where I stored my position) to restore the proper position.
Old 12-11-2022, 02:47 PM

Received 71 Likes on 45 Posts
No Mercedes yet
Originally Posted by Sportstick
That is a PR answer. I've been on enough press launches/drives to hear PR folks take what they think they know and spin it into sounding authroritative. There is nothing in NHTSA/EPA regulations that I am familiar with that precludes a feature that actually improves fuel consumption over the label value. The German mindset is very "by the book" so they may have an internal policy of the vehicle returning to the original setting each time to match the exact efficiency, but unless someone knows a specific rule to the contrary, that is not a regulatory issue.
And there are plenty of other user settings - for example, climate control & A/C - that can effect energy consumption & range, and which are retained each time the vehicle is restarted. Many many (perhaps most) EQS drivers would like the recuperation setting to also be retained in this way; it's annoying that Mercedes-Benz won't do this.

Does anyone from Mercedes-Benz engineering actually read this forum? It would be nice to get an official statement from Mercedes-Benz about this. (Or at least an indication that they're aware of our desire here.)