EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Questions regarding options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2022, 05:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EQS SUV
Questions regarding options

About to purchase a car from a dealer 2 hours away from me. The car has these options and I was wondering if someone can explain what they are:

C53: Surround lighting with animated projection of Mercedes-Benz Pattern
PDD: Premium plus package
42U: Projection Function via Headlight - Symbols (does this have the waterfall like effect as seen in videos with the regular sedan)
878: Active ambient lighting

Thank you for the help!

Last edited by possib1edoc; 12-19-2022 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
Originally Posted by possib1edoc
About to purchase a car from a dealer 2 hours away from me. The car has these options and I was wondering if someone can explain what they are:

42U: Projection Function via Headlight - Symbols (does this have the waterfall like effect as seen in videos with the regular sedan)

Thank you for the help!
This option projects the MB star on the ground when you open the door. The animated part is a secondary light under the door itself that projects an animation that looks like rain, at least to me.

If you checkout the Dealer order Guide posted in this forum, you'll see what all is included in this package

Yes, it looks like a waterfall but it does other cool tricks as well when illuminated against a wall. It can also project a crosswalk in front of the car if it sees a person about to cross in front of you.

This is the interior lighting around the dash. doors, and seats. Depending on which lighting colors you select, the lights reflect what is happening while driving. For example, if you floor it, the lights turn red. If you wonder over the center line of a divided highway, the door lights will blink red. Lots of cool animations and some very helpful.
Old 12-19-2022, 09:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EQS SUV
Originally Posted by JoeMa
This option projects the MB star on the ground when you open the door. The animated part is a secondary light under the door itself that projects an animation that looks like rain, at least to me.

If you checkout the Dealer order Guide posted in this forum, you'll see what all is included in this package

Yes, it looks like a waterfall but it does other cool tricks as well when illuminated against a wall. It can also project a crosswalk in front of the car if it sees a person about to cross in front of you.

This is the interior lighting around the dash. doors, and seats. Depending on which lighting colors you select, the lights reflect what is happening while driving. For example, if you floor it, the lights turn red. If you wonder over the center line of a divided highway, the door lights will blink red. Lots of cool animations and some very helpful.
Thank you!
The following users liked this post:
JoeMa (12-19-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 11:15 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
EQS 580 SUV; previously Tesla Model S
Originally Posted by JoeMa
It can also project a crosswalk in front of the car if it sees a person about to cross in front of you.
I had no idea it could do this. That’s amazing; can’t wait to try it out!
The following users liked this post:
chillysyrup (12-23-2022)