EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Error message cooling system malfunction reduced drive performance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2022, 06:05 PM

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
2022 Taycan GTS, 2023 EQS580 SUV, 2023 EQS580 sedan
Error message cooling system malfunction reduced drive performance

So yesterday and today I got this message but it went away but come back when car start. I try find notifications message but can’t locate it. Does anyone know where the error message Mercedes stored?

edit: today I found out how to duplicate this error message,
I will need to turn AC on, open front passenger door, and error message will popped. if ac is off, no error message.

edit: left the car to dealer, turn out the cooling fan has no current reading. the fan was bad, they replaced the fan and error free for 1 year+ already.

Last edited by guess2098; 01-18-2024 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-25-2022, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 921 Likes on 605 Posts
2019 SL550/2023 EQS 580 SUV
What was the temperature when this happened? Did you recently install one of the no drill front license plate holders where the plate covers the intake cooling louvres?
Old 12-25-2022, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Utopia Texas
What was the temperature when this happened? Did you recently install one of the no drill front license plate holders where the plate covers the intake cooling louvres?
no front plate.
one happened yesterday night outside temp 60. Car was at P(not turn off), ac eco on. Driver (me) went to pick up food and after 5-10 min car turn off itself. Passengers still in the car. When I back to the car it’s in not ready to drive, I press start and error message pop up then disappear.

Today Outside temp is 80 but it happens when I stop the car at P, car still at ready, passenger went out to drop things off. Once passenger back to the car, I change to D and message pop up again. Then later disappeared.
Old 12-25-2022, 08:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 921 Likes on 605 Posts
2019 SL550/2023 EQS 580 SUV
Ok, I’m out of ideas. Hopefully someone else can help.
Old 12-26-2022, 10:15 PM

edit: today I found out how to duplicate this error message,
I will need to turn AC on, open front passenger door, and error message will popped. if ac is off, no error message.
Old 01-01-2023, 07:22 PM

today while driving, error message popped up again (outside temp 60F), my wife said few days ago while she driving it popped up too. but the same day I drove at night it wasn't there.
on board info shows other messages but never has those messages stored. going to make a trip to dealer for them to read the error code.
Old 01-16-2023, 11:54 PM
Ela

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes
Got this warning too

I literally just bought the car a couple weeks ago (it’s a 2023 C300) and I got this error message today as I was driving; outside temperature was around 65° and the message came on just as I was driving past the Mercedes dealership. I turned around and went in and didn’t turn my engine off because I wanted them to see the error code. They took the car back and apparently by the time it got back to the service section, the error message had already disappeared. They said they hooked it up to check for the error code and they couldn’t find anything wrong. They also said that I had no leak, and that my car was not overheating. Not understanding why the error message came on, if there’s nothing wrong. Of course I don’t want anything to be wrong but it’s odd that it came on. If it happens again I’m definitely going back as the car is literally only a couple weeks old. To mention the car was in eco-mode when I was driving.
The following users liked this post:
TabbyzWorld (04-07-2023)
Old 01-17-2023, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Ela
I literally just bought the car a couple weeks ago (it’s a 2023 C300) and I got this error message today as I was driving; outside temperature was around 65° and the message came on just as I was driving past the Mercedes dealership. I turned around and went in and didn’t turn my engine off because I wanted them to see the error code. They took the car back and apparently by the time it got back to the service section, the error message had already disappeared. They said they hooked it up to check for the error code and they couldn’t find anything wrong. They also said that I had no leak, and that my car was not overheating. Not understanding why the error message came on, if there’s nothing wrong. Of course I don’t want anything to be wrong but it’s odd that it came on. If it happens again I’m definitely going back as the car is literally only a couple weeks old. To mention the car was in eco-mode when I was driving.
I think mine is different. somehow is more related to my door?!, I am able to duplicate the error now. As long as I have AC on, no matter it’s on eco or not, once I open any door, error message will pop up. If I shut the car before turn off AC, open the door and leave. Next time when I turn on the car, error message will pop too. So before every time anyone wants to open the door, just turn off the AC lol. I don’t have time to visit dealer yet but as long as I can keep duplicate the error I can show it to them. Plus I don’t think this is a big deal although it does bother me
The following 2 users liked this post by guess2098:
LAZARU5 (01-19-2024), ScottC2 (01-17-2023)
Old 03-15-2023, 06:11 PM

2023 C300; 2023 GLA 4Matic
Originally Posted by Ela
Same issue on my 23 C300 at around 60F.
Wasn’t far from home so went back, warning appeared about 5 min after I started the car.
I’ll check again tomorrow if the warning comes back. No leak on garage floor, coolant reservoirs still full.

Not sure yet if I should drive it to dealer or have it towed off message still comes up.
Old 03-17-2023, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
I got too

Originally Posted by Ela
hello!! I bought 2023 c class a week ago. Today when I on my way. I got that notification. I took a picture. I took appointment from Mercedes service. I am gonna go on Monday. But I wonder did you get that notification again ? If you already solved what did you do? And what did service guys tell you ?

Old 03-17-2023, 09:01 AM

I guess there are different variations of the message. Mine below. My car was actually rear ended shortly after I bought it and now both the collision place as well as Mercedes service thinks it may have had to do with the accident. Seems a little far-fetched for me but we’ll see.

Old 03-30-2023, 09:13 AM

C 300, 2023
So the same thing happened to me. I bought the vehicle a week ago and it came up driving it out of the lot. Had my partner take a photo of the dash. Took the vehicle in a couple of days ago and they couldn’t find any issues, even after they test drove it, and message didn’t come up again. Anyone else found out if anything?
TabbyzWorld (04-07-2023)
Old 03-30-2023, 10:16 AM

For me it ended up being a lose sensor. Apparently the lock of the plug was not engaged.
Husler21 (06-18-2023)
Old 03-30-2023, 02:37 PM

EQS SUV
A similar error about the coolant system was showing up on mine and the dealership bled all the coolant out of the car and then refilled it and it the error was resolved.
Old 06-18-2023, 02:02 PM

2023 GLC
Hi guys.

There isnt much about this problem on the internet (concerning Mercedes) I think it's a glitch for the newer model.

I had this problem couple month ago for my 23 GLC. Its suck knowing that it was the first hundred miles.....

I took it to the dealership they made some tests on it for almost 3 days and nothing conclusive.
the message keep coming back....

Would love to have your insights/returns from your dealership about this problem.

Thanks
Old 06-18-2023, 02:03 PM

2023 GLC
Originally Posted by micxba
For me it ended up being a lose sensor. Apparently the lock of the plug was not engaged.
Can you plz give me more détail so I can tell it to my dealer ?
thx a lot !
Old 06-18-2023, 04:11 PM

sorry I forget to update my thread.
so I bought it to dealer, they check and found the cooling fan is not working. they tag the wire and found there was no current going in or out. they figure fan is not working and replace it. after that everything is fine. code never shown again since got the car back (Jan or Feb 2023 dont remember exact date)

edit, cooling fan for AC/compressor

Last edited by guess2098; 06-18-2023 at 04:13 PM.
sears1234 (10-11-2023)
Old 08-26-2023, 12:09 AM

2023 Mercedes EQS
Check shutter

Just wanted to share something here in case someone is having the same issue. My EQS started to display this message after 2 weeks of ownership. I found no leak whatsoever. Upon checking the front, there appear to be a shutter (open & close to vent air). One piece seems to be knocked out of place disabling the whole shutter (pic). Putting that back fixed the cooling system malfunction message for me.

guess2098 (08-26-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 07:15 PM

2023 GLC 300
Exclamation 2023 GLC 300 BRAND NEW

Got the ""Cooling System Malfunction" message on head unit and the check engine light. Took to MBZ service. A bad PCM computer!!!!! The Power Control Unit was bad and the car has less than 2,000 miles. Go figure. Part has been ordered. Gil
Old 01-18-2024, 02:18 PM

mercedes glc 2023
you are talking about temperature sensor right? I have same message, car is new even didnt hit 1k yet
Old 01-25-2024, 06:46 AM

EQS SUV 450X4
Message Displayed After Carwash

I see this message now too. I’ve had mine for about 10 days. I took it to a carwash on 1/20 and I couldn’t find the carwash mode in time to go through the tunnel. I also had the inside cleaned by the staff at the carwash. When I got back in this message began appearing. I checked the front vent flaps mentioned in a previous post and they seem to be in place. It drives fine but the error is displayed when I first start it. Once I dismiss it, the error doesn’t return until I start it again. I called the dealer and they said to bring it in and they’d just top up the coolant. I’m skeptical that will actually do anything though. I’m afraid that if tell them I went through a carwash they’ll blame me and charge me a bunch of money saying that it’s not covered under warranty somehow. If the message hadn’t begun appearing after having gone through a carwash, I’d be more concerned that it was an actual malfunction. Given the evidence, though, it appears to be a spurious error likely caused by some faulty sensor state or something out of place from the carwash brushes or staff. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-26-2024, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by HooDoo
I see this message now too. I’ve had mine for about 10 days. I took it to a carwash on 1/20 and I couldn’t find the carwash mode in time to go through the tunnel. I also had the inside cleaned by the staff at the carwash. When I got back in this message began appearing. I checked the front vent flaps mentioned in a previous post and they seem to be in place. It drives fine but the error is displayed when I first start it. Once I dismiss it, the error doesn’t return until I start it again. I called the dealer and they said to bring it in and they’d just top up the coolant. I’m skeptical that will actually do anything though. I’m afraid that if tell them I went through a carwash they’ll blame me and charge me a bunch of money saying that it’s not covered under warranty somehow. If the message hadn’t begun appearing after having gone through a carwash, I’d be more concerned that it was an actual malfunction. Given the evidence, though, it appears to be a spurious error likely caused by some faulty sensor state or something out of place from the carwash brushes or staff. Does anyone have any ideas?
you dont need to mention about carwash, just let dealer figure it out. there will be error code store on your computer. they can read it if it appears again.
Old 06-18-2024, 08:47 PM

GLC300 2003
Originally Posted by stronkbean
So the same thing happened to me. I bought the vehicle a week ago and it came up driving it out of the lot. Had my partner take a photo of the dash. Took the vehicle in a couple of days ago and they couldn’t find any issues, even after they test drove it, and message didn’t come up again. Anyone else found out if anything?
I had the exact same issue and it was making a lot of noise even after I turned the car off. I opened the hood and there were lots of leaves ( have lots of trees surrounding the driveway) on top of wire-mesh-like set up on both sides. Once I cleaned up the leaves the noise stopped and the warning message also went away. The check engine light icon also went away after driving around for ten minutes. Hope this helps.